2015-2016 UCLA PRIME Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted689863

Didn't see a thread for UCLA PRIME this year, so I decided to create one. Have yet to receive a secondary. Has anyone got one yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, here are the questions:

2,000 characters each

1. What is the most important health care issue confronting disadvantaged communities and what would be your first steps to address this issue?

2. In what way will graduating from the UCLA PRIME program enhance your career in health care or health services for the disadvantaged communities?

3. Describe the manner in which your experiences demonstrate your understanding of, and commitment to, underserved communities.

4. What are your greatest strengths and your greatest challenges as you approach medical school?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, here are the questions:

2,000 characters each

1. What is the most important health care issue confronting disadvantaged communities and what would be your first steps to address this issue?

2. In what way will graduating from the UCLA PRIME program enhance your career in health care or health services for the disadvantaged communities?

3. Describe the manner in which your experiences demonstrate your understanding of, and commitment to, underserved communities.

4. What are your greatest strengths and your greatest challenges as you approach medical school?

Thanks! Really excited about this program and hope to hear from them.

Can you share when you were verified? I got an email that they received my AAMC application but no secondary yet.

Checked the portal and saw secondary requested there. No email though so double check the portal once in a while... :)

Reactions: 1 user
What the heck! :eek: So glad I checked this thread- I got the secondary invite 9/1 but no email!! :confused:
In-State, LizzyM ~70, verified 6/26.

does anyone know if the photos can be dropped of to the office rather than mailed? I didn't realize that we wouldn't be able to email them with the rest of our application

Having trouble with LORs because I have a committee letter. I am trying to get them uploaded individually to AMCAS but I don't think I can get responses in time for the deadline. Anyone know if LORs need to be in with the rest of our application?

Having trouble with LORs because I have a committee letter. I am trying to get them uploaded individually to AMCAS but I don't think I can get responses in time for the deadline. Anyone know if LORs need to be in with the rest of our application?
UPDATE: Just called them and they were SUPER nice and helpful. They said their deadline is very laid back and more just to encourage us to complete it in a timely manner. Review by the committee doesn't begin until December. Good luck everybody!

Checked the portal and saw secondary requested there. No email though so double check the portal once in a while... :)

do you have a link to the portal? I cant seem to find it. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, thanks!

Just submitted the secondary! Questions are open-ended, space for ample responses (there's a character count but it's not enforced).
****'s nerve-wracking. Good luck to y'all!

Anyone know how many secondaries get sent out and how many get II's? I know only ~18 matriculate

Congrats to everyone that got secondaries!!! This is my number one choice so hoping to hear soon!

For the people that got secondaries, would you mind sharing your stats and when you were verified please?

For the people that got secondaries, would you mind sharing your stats and when you were verified please?

33 MCAT, 3.77 GPA, URM, IS
AMCAS verified 8/4, Secondary sent to me 8/27

Good luck! I've yet to receive a secondary from UCLA DGSOM, so I'm thinking PRIME may be my best chance at getting some UCLA love :(

Last edited:
Still no secondary for me!

No secondary for me either. Based on last year's thread, they were handing out secondaries into late October, so don't give up hope!

For those who submitted the supplemental: How long did it take to reflect the change on the portal from the date you sent it via email? Also, is there a way to verify they received our pictures? Thanks

For those who submitted the supplemental: How long did it take to reflect the change on the portal from the date you sent it via email? Also, is there a way to verify they received our pictures? Thanks

Took mine about 4 business days.
Re pictures: I delivered them in person, but I'm sure you can send a verification email.

Last edited:
Verified mid July, received secondary on Monday. One of my later secondaries but I'm just grateful to have gotten it! Does anyone know any statistics about how many applicants receive the secondary (and subsequently, are interviewed?)

This year they have over 1000 applicants and they only send out 250-200 secondaries. Not sure how many are invited to interview, but I would imagine no more than 80 considering there's only 18 spots.

Out of curiousity, where did you find this information? I've been trying to find this forever! Thanks for the info :)

Verified July here, no response yet. Man, I think SF and LA are the slowest UCs by a mile haha

Interview invitations will be sent by December 18th, 2015........................................*excited*

Hello everyone! Any new secondaries lately :)

My co-worker who is also applying got one Oct 25th and he was verified on Oct 2nd

Interview invitations will be sent by December 18th, 2015........................................*excited*
Was this relayed through an email to those who have secondaries already?

Is this a historically urm school or do others have a decent chance of getting in with a commitment to the underserved?

Is this a historically urm school or do others have a decent chance of getting in with a commitment to the underserved?

Proven dedication to underserved and a track of leadership skills/positions. I've seen ORM folks get in. :)

Hey guys so no one has received an II yet, right? I submitted my secondary late September and have not heard back.

No secondary for me either. Based on last year's thread, they were handing out secondaries into late October, so don't give up hope!

If we haven't heard by now, any thoughts on whether we should assume silent rejection? Losing hope :(

When is the last day UCLA PRIME will send out supplemental application invitations?
November 20, 2015

When will we be notified if we have been granted an interview for UCLA PRIME?
Interview invitations will be sent by December 18th, 2015.

When are the interview days for UCLA PRIME?
January 9th, 2016 ; January 10th, 2016; January 16th, 2016

https://www.medsch.ucla.edu/uclaprime/faq.htm

Best of luck to you all!

When were you all complete?

Secondary complete 10/6, but they haven't given interview invites yet because they are not rolling admissions. We should all get notified about an interview (if we get one) by December 18th. The website says they are no longer sending secondaries.

Last edited:
This year they have over 1000 applicants and they only send out 250-200 secondaries. Not sure how many are invited to interview, but I would imagine no more than 80 considering there's only 18 spots

So.. I got an interview from UCLA, but from what you are saying, I only have a 18/80 chance? Don't they give out more acceptance letter than people matriculated.

So.. I got an interview from UCLA, but from what you are saying, I only have a 18/80 chance? Don't they give out more acceptance letter than people matriculated.

If you received an interview with UCLA PRIME, I would say maybe 3/8 to 1/2 chance? I highly doubt they accept the exact amount they expect to matriculate, but it's probably a closer margin than most other programs.