2015-2016 University of Louisville Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ismet

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Space reserved for prompt.

Please PM the essays or lack thereof to me when the secondary is available and I will update this.

Good luck to everyone applying! :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Good luck to everyone applying this cycle! I'm a rising third year, feel free to PM me with any questions you have!

Reactions: 2 users
I can't offer much advice on preclinical years, but if anyone has questions about the school, city, or clinical experience I just graduated from U of L this year and I'll be sticking around to do my internship.

Best of luck

Members don't see this ad :)
Received a secondary today! Has anybody else?

Received a secondary today! Has anybody else?

Yep! There must have been a glitch or something because I got like 4 emails in 2 min.

In-state btw!

I also received a ton of e-mails, now having trouble logging in. Anyone else experiencing this?

I have not received a secondary yet. (OOS)

My friend is OOS and she received a secondary, but she goes there for undergrad.

OOS but very excited about their AAMC LGBT health stuff. Any insight from on the ground about how that's going?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
This is kind of dumb, but the question that asks why you want to pursue an MD degree... Is this basically a question of "why medicine?" or more of a "why MD and not DO?" I don't know if I'm over-thinking it, but the question seems ambiguous to me.

Is anyone else's payment still not received after 48 hours? I'm starting to get worried.

I called -- the person that is processing the fees is out of town until Monday (7/13).

Thank you cherubb3. I was about to make a stop by the admissions office, but decided to check this thread before doing so. Guess I'll just wait "patiently."

Thank you - still haven't received the secondary. Would really like to go here, have really close ties to the state. GPA 3.7 MCAT 33. Was verified in early June. Do they screen?
MSAR says they do, I'm sure you'll get one with your stats. I was verified June 4th fwiw. still haven't gotten all of my secondaries as well so i'm gonna give it till the mid of next week before I start calling/inquiring

I'm also OOS and got a secondary yesterday!

I'm OOS and haven't gotten one yet :( Do you mind sharing when you were verified?
I really wouldn't worry too much – it seems like they have just barely begun to send them to OOS applicants! Too soon to worry, friend!

I was verified at around 4 PM on June 2! I submitted two minutes after the AMCAS opened
Thanks I will give it a little more time before I try to contact them. I submitted late in the day on the first day so verification was about a week later.

So the secondary was finalized and the payment has been processed, however it still says "application not received". Is this the case with anyone else?

Someone please address this, I am stuck on this question. Are they asking for a crazy 500 character summary rehashing the "Why a doctor?" personal statement? Or why MD over DO? Or either or?

@jeff.jones @Giovanni_TR

Personally, I interpreted it as why MD and not some other medically/service related degree (specifically addressing DO). In the last sentence, I did try to throw together the most general summary ever of why being a doctor appeals to me overall. I just don't think 500 characters is enough to answer a question that has already been hashed out at length in the personal statement!

I didn't address it as a why not DO essay but spoke to what specifically about being a doctor appeals to me rather than other positions.

Have you received this secondary yet? Wondering if I should reach out to them. I was verified June 11.
Nope, I still haven't heard from them. If you do contact them let me know what they say!

Just received my secondary! OOS

Hey guys, I have a question regarding the course requirements. I got 1 semester worth of inorganic chemistry from high school ( IB credit) so I only took 11 semester of inorganic chem. Do you guys know if they would accept biochemistry as an inorganic chem requirement?
Thank and good luck!

Also received an II! My first one, so super exciting! In-state

Congratss!!! Do you guys mind sharing you stats?

3.70 gpa, 33 mcat, engineering master's degree, in state, great clinical experience, good volunteer experience.

I have a 3.91 cGPA and 3.86 sGPA and a 508 MCAT. Lots of clinical experience, volunteering and some research. Plus I go to undergrad here.

II yesterday. 3.9+ GPA for both and 31 MCAT. Also in-state.

Received my confirmation email that my secondary was complete on 714. 3.91 GPA, 506 MCAT, good research experience and average to slightly above average shadowing and volunteer experience. Vast leadership experience. IS and student at UofL undergrad. Been dreaming of going here since I was in high school. Hopefully I'll get an II next week and we'll be classmates in the fall!