2015-2016 University of Mississippi Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ismet

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Space reserved for prompt.

Please PM the essays or lack thereof to me when the secondary is available and I will update this.

Good luck to everyone applying! :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

Hello everyone, would anyone accepted here mind sharing their stats and EC's?

Hello everyone, would anyone accepted here mind sharing their stats and EC's?

3.65sgpa/3.83cgpa/491 MCAT. I have 100+ hours of shadowing plus many more hours doing various volunteering. I am a nutrition major/white/female.

You?

Members don't see this ad :)
I wish they would accept OOS, at least close by! I am in Memphis, TN and would love to go here!

Received my first secondary to UMC today! I'm so excited!

Should I be expecting a complete email? All my sections in the portal have the green checkmark, but no email. Not sure if they still send one or not.

Mine are checked as well except for the LORs even though all are received. I emailed someone in admissions and she said that my application was complete.

Mine are checked as well except for the LORs even though all are received. I emailed someone in admissions and she said that my application was complete.
Ok I'll send an email just to make sure. Thanks!

Anyone else have an issue uploading their photo? I've been complete for about a week yet the photo keeps giving me the same error message (Candidate not found using AAMC-#1)

Anyone else have an issue uploading their photo? I've been complete for about a week yet the photo keeps giving me the same error message (Candidate not found using AAMC-#1)

Nevermind, they took care of it. They have no idea why I kept getting that error. Best of luck to everyone else though! I applied RD so idk when we hear back on whether we got an interview

Should I be expecting a complete email? All my sections in the portal have the green checkmark, but no email. Not sure if they still send one or not.

No, they don't send an email. Best thing to do is to just call, they're really receptive. I've emailed them before with questions only for them to call me back in order to better explain; it's much better

3.65sgpa/3.83cgpa/491 MCAT. I have 100+ hours of shadowing plus many more hours doing various volunteering. I am a nutrition major/white/female.

You?

3.2 sgpa/3.7 cgpa/511 MCAT, 500+ volunteering & shadowing hours, 400+ research hours, but I go to school outisde of Mississippi. I don't know if that means anything but I've heard from a couple people that they prefer people who stay in-state for undergrad, can't attest to the validity of that statement at all but just seeing if anyone else has heard similar, because I'm really nervous

I have no idea. I do know that they only accept students who claim residency in Mississippi. That was the only way I was able to choose UMC as an option in AMCAS is because I have legal residence in MS.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have no idea. I do know that they only accept students who claim residency in Mississippi. That was the only way I was able to choose UMC as an option in AMCAS is because I have legal residence in MS.

Yeah, I already know that. I've been a resident of MS for 10+ years

News post-secondary submission anyone? Have they started sending IIs for RD?

I think they just started sending out interview invites to ED so it may be a while before those applying RD hear back.

Nope. Submitted mine in early August but noticed all of my green check marks sometime this week. Fingers crossed.

Nope. Submitted mine in early August but noticed all of my green check marks sometime this week. Fingers crossed.
Update: Just received an email about podcasts and how to prepare for the MMIs. I hope this means something!

I haven't heard back yet either. I completed my secondary in early August but just recently had a green check by everything. Hopefully those still waiting for an invite will hear back soon.

What day is everyone interviewing?

I'm interviewing October 27th! Anyone else interviewing that day?

I interviewed 10/9. Anyone heard of acceptance/rejection?

My secondary was completed in mid-September and my residency review was accepted 2 weeks ago. My account still says "pending...", and I haven't received any email regarding a potential interview. Does anyone know when they send out interview invites, and how often? I'm so worried I've been tabled....

My secondary was completed in mid-September and my residency review was accepted 2 weeks ago. My account still says "pending...", and I haven't received any email regarding a potential interview. Does anyone know when they send out interview invites, and how often? I'm so worried I've been tabled....

I would call and ask to make sure everything went through on their end for the secondary app. They had an issue with mine and I was glad I called

To all who got accepted, how did you guys feel that your interviews (MMI) went?

To all who got accepted, how did you guys feel that your interviews (MMI) went?
I felt like it went fairly well. There were maybe 1 or 2 stations I know I didn't do my best on but others that I feel I did really great on.

I felt pretty comfortable, but it was also my second time to go through the MMI at UMMC so I had that going for me. It's stressful at first but once you get in the rhythm it's not so bad.

Reactions: 1 user
Did anyone receive information about seat deposits? Or does UMC even require a payment to hold our seat?

So if I'm not feeling too hot about how my MMI went, that's usually indicative of me not having done well or perhaps I'm being overly critical of myself? I know, no one can answer this for me, I just wanted to see if anyone else was feeling like that.

Rejected 12/16
Definitely a tough break, but maybe this just wasn't the place for me. Best of luck to all other applicants! And a big congratulations to all of those accepted!

So if I'm not feeling too hot about how my MMI went, that's usually indicative of me not having done well or perhaps I'm being overly critical of myself? I know, no one can answer this for me, I just wanted to see if anyone else was feeling like that.

I definitely didn't feel like my MMI was amazing and I think it's probably designed to feel that way lol..
If you did poorly on one or two, I'm sure they won't completely ignore all of the interviews that you handled well

@BulldogDoc2020 what are ur stats if u dont mind me asking?
No problem. I had a 503 on new MCAT, overall GPA 3.68, BCPM 3.51. My metrics were pretty average, but I had over 1,000 hours of clinical experience through my work as an ER scribe and had a lot of campus involvement in undergrad, plus a job during the school year to hold down so I think that helped balance me out.

Just got an email from UMMC, 'decision postponed' is where I'm at. I cant decide whether or not I'm happy or sad about this. It's obviously better than being out-right rejected. I really don't know how to feel.