2015-2016 University of Missouri - Kansas City Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ismet

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Space reserved for prompt.

Please PM the essays or lack thereof to me when the secondary is available and I will update this.

Good luck to everyone applying! :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

Do you know if there are really only 10-20 students accepted?

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you know if there are really only 10-20 students accepted?
I applied last year to the MD-Only program. I believe there were roughly 650 applicants and 80 interviews. I interviewed but did not get an acceptance. I was called by the admissions post rejection to reapply this year. I guess the numbers were tough. They said they only accepted 15 and 6 of those 15 were already guaranteed admission. So basically 9 seats out of the 80 interviewed and 650 who applied. Long story short I'm not applying here this year

Yea they accept very few applicants for their MD only program.

This school is known for pretty much catering to high school students for the 6 year program. Most of their spots have always been reserved for high school students so its really tough to get into the MD program here

even though their stats are slightly lower than the average MD stats.

Hey guys, did anyone get this secondary yet? I did... this is weird... what is going on with their supplemental? So we have to apply for "general UMKC" admissions? They want us to apply to their undergrad first?

What??????

Not sure, filling this thing out now.

I cant click the "yes I agree" button on the "technical standards" or do anything on the main supplmental

Reactions: 2 users
Ok so I submitted the technical standards thing, and the general application. But It hasnt been marked as received yet.

What about everyone else?

Same here. The only thing marked as received for me is the technical standards. Submitted the general application last night.

Hey guys, did anyone get this secondary yet? I did... this is weird... what is going on with their supplemental? So we have to apply for "general UMKC" admissions? They want us to apply to their undergrad first?

What??????
Did you figure out what's going on lol this app is confusing..

Did you figure out what's going on lol this app is confusing..

Yea so basically you have to fill out that extra app, then you have to sign the technical standards thing which works now by the way.

After that you wait for 1 eon before they mark your "general application" received. Then you submit the application wondering what happened.

Does anyone know if you have to fill out the general application if you're currently a student at UMKC? I filled out the general app a few years ago and it seems like the same thing, but it doesn't show up as complete in the system.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone had their general application processed yet? I've been waiting to submit this secondary for a while.

Has anyone had their general application processed yet? I've been waiting to submit this secondary for a while.
I just got on to ask the same question. Still nothing here.

The demographics of this school are hilarious..
The state of Missouri: 84% white, 11.7% black, 1.7% Asian.
The medical school: 38% white, 8.2% black, 40.5% Asian

How does that even happen :eek:

Last edited:
The demographics of this school are hilarious..
The state of Missouri: 84% white, 11.7% black, 1.7% Asian.
The medical school: 38% white, 8.2% black, 40.5% Asian

How does that even happen :eek:

Yea..... I remember going here on a tour once. Lots of Asians

Does anyone have any insight as to why that is? I am thinking of applying here OOS, but it sure seems like they almost must have some kind of official policy to only accept those OOS applicants who are Asian, lol. Which is fine, but since I'm not Asian I don't want to waste my money if that is indeed some kind of internal preference that they have.

Does anyone have any insight as to why that is? I am thinking of applying here OOS, but it sure seems like they almost must have some kind of official policy to only accept those OOS applicants who are Asian, lol. Which is fine, but since I'm not Asian I don't want to waste my money if that is indeed some kind of internal preference that they have.

No... from what I've seen in midwest schools, the culture is different from the coasts. They dont enforce the "You are ORM so your stats have to be higher to compete" policy as much as coast schools.

Edit: Still nothing for the "general application" yet either.

Last edited:
So my general application has finally been received... but now when I click application submit, there is some weird application problem going on.

So my general application has finally been received... but now when I click application submit, there is some weird application problem going on.
Are your letters marked as received? My general app is received, but still nothing on my letters. I'm wondering if we need those before we can submit the secondary.

Are your letters marked as received? My general app is received, but still nothing on my letters. I'm wondering if we need those before we can submit the secondary.

That could be why my app is being all weird. 2 of my 4 letters are marked as received.

Has anyone been able to submit yet? I'm still waiting for my packet of letters to be marked as received.

Is the general app supposed to be more of a why medicine and why do you want to study medicine or is it why UMKC?

Same boat as everyone here. I just submitted general application, but can't submit the overall secondary app until general app has been processed. I'm concerned because it looks like the gen app process can take up to two weeks, and it seems like the due date for secondaries is 8/1? That sucks if I can't get it in on time and already paid the fee...
I wrote the gen app on why UMKC, I think your primary should say enough about why you want to pursue medicine as a whole.

Oh my goodness..... my application is still glitchy and I called them over a week ago letting them know that my application was not submitted properly and that some technical error is going on.

I clicked the submit button and it still shows a red "submission" status..... sigh

Oh my goodness..... my application is still glitchy and I called them over a week ago letting them know that my application was not submitted properly and that some technical error is going on.

I clicked the submit button and it still shows a red "submission" status..... sigh

What did they say on the phone when you called? Are all of your letters received? I just had a packet of letters, and they were all in to AMCAS LONG ago, so I'm wondering what the heck is going on.

What did they say on the phone when you called? Are all of your letters received? I just had a packet of letters, and they were all in to AMCAS LONG ago, so I'm wondering what the heck is going on.

They said we will take care of it before August 1st........ I dont know though

They still havent processed my general application XD.... why is this taking so long...

considering adding this to my school list. My amcas just got verified. Are there secondary essays and when is the secondary due?

considering adding this to my school list. My amcas just got verified. Are there secondary essays and when is the secondary due?

You gotta get the general application in by the 31st of August which means get moving

Reactions: 1 user
They still havent processed my general application XD.... why is this taking so long...
I'm still working on my General Application :-/
Can you submit the secondary before the General is processed?

Same boat as everyone here. I just submitted general application, but can't submit the overall secondary app until general app has been processed. I'm concerned because it looks like the gen app process can take up to two weeks, and it seems like the due date for secondaries is 8/1? That sucks if I can't get it in on time and already paid the fee...
Any update on this? Have you been able to submit your secondary?

I'm still working on my General Application :-/
Can you submit the secondary before the General is processed?
Not sure, I think on the secondary page it says that you need it to be processed first, but since you are so close to the deadline, I would call them before even submitting the general. It would be a straight up waste of money to submit it and pay and then not be able to submit the secondary.

Not sure, I think on the secondary page it says that you need it to be processed first, but since you are so close to the deadline, I would call them before even submitting the general. It would be a straight up waste of money to submit it and pay and then not be able to submit the secondary.
Yeah. I think that's the move.
Pretty poor timing. I'm a little butt hurt about losing the $35 I paid through AMCAS, but as that's a sunk cost, maybe it's better to cut my losses and move on...

Can anyone post the questions on the general application? I forgot my password (because of their no dictionary word requirement, I have utterly no idea what I put down) and I can't access the forgotten password because they ask what your application is (dental, graduate, undergrad, pharmacy) and med isn't even listed... Anyone have any idea how to retrieve your password?

Edit: I managed to guess it lol, I'm glad I made it easy for myself... sigh.

New to the forums here. Does anyone have any reservations about the quality of education at this school?

Has anyone gotten notice of an interview here yet? It looks like they start sending them out sometime in the next couple of weeks.

Has anyone gotten notice of an interview here yet? It looks like they start sending them out sometime in the next couple of weeks.
Nothing here, but I'm honestly not counting on much.

Why do you say that?
I've got a fairly low gpa, I'm not officially in state (very strong ties), and the small number of seats for us regular MD applicants. Who knows, it might just be a mechanism by which I avoid being disappointed when I don't get an interview. Shouldn't we hear back by the end of September?

I've got a fairly low gpa, I'm not officially in state (very strong ties), and the small number of seats for us regular MD applicants. Who knows, it might just be a mechanism by which I avoid being disappointed when I don't get an interview. Shouldn't we hear back by the end of September?

The problem isnt even that your gpa is low or that you are not in state. Its hard for even in staters to go here because they take so FEW regular MD applicants. This is the real issue at hand. I think they take like 20 students total or something.

But yea, accoriding to last year's thread, we should be getting II in the next coupe of weeks if we are meant to get one.