2015-2016 University of North Carolina - Chapel Hill Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just remember everyone: in a few short weeks, all admitted students can only hold 1 acceptance...that's when the waitlist gets moving! And if it doesn't move for you this go 'round, make sure you've beefed up the app for the next cycle that isn't too far away from opening!
Edit: also, drink. A lot. It's good for the mind, body and soul (but probably not your liver).

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
I called late last week, and the office said that the waitlist was in the process of being finalized and would be released "within the next week or so." They said the waitlist is internally ranked, and that post-interview applicants would be notified whether they were rejected or waitlisted, as all acceptances have been given out at this time (as previously confirmed). At least we we're in the Final 4........

Reactions: 3 users
I called late last week, and the office said that the waitlist was in the process of being finalized and would be released "within the next week or so." They said the waitlist is internally ranked, and that post-interview applicants would be notified whether they were rejected or waitlisted, as all acceptances have been given out at this time (as previously confirmed). At least we we're in the Final 4........
Thanks for reporting back! Do they tell applicants what their rank is?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for reporting back! Do they tell applicants what their rank is?

Nope. Unfortunately not. Also, I'd heard last year that the wait-list moves according to demographics, so you'd only get in if someone of your same race/gender gave up their spot. This (to my knowledge) is not confirmed and is definitely speculation, so if anyone knows otherwise feel free to correct me!

Nope. Unfortunately not. Also, I'd heard last year that the wait-list moves according to demographics, so you'd only get in if someone of your same race/gender gave up their spot. This (to my knowledge) is not confirmed and is definitely speculation, so if anyone knows otherwise feel free to correct me!

No offense but I really hope you are wrong haha...that being said it kinda makes sense since everything is about meeting the "quota" even though people deny it...if its true then that fuels the argument that life just isnt fair sometimes

No offense but I really hope you are wrong haha...that being said it kinda makes sense since everything is about meeting the "quota" even though people deny it...if its true then that fuels the argument that life just isnt fair sometimes

Well as a 2 foot tall, pudgy, green, narcoleptic Pokemon, I highly doubt they've met that quota yet in this year's class

Reactions: 6 users
Dr. Okazaki world renowned expert on sleep apnea and other sleep disorders lol

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone remember/know around when we should expect to receive financial aid/scholarship news?

I know this has been mentioned prior, but for anyone else post-interview waiting to hear back, any thoughts on letters of intent? I know Joni gave off the impression that they are not looked favorably upon, but anyone thinking about sending one? Should we wait until the wait list comes out?

I know this has been mentioned prior, but for anyone else post-interview waiting to hear back, any thoughts on letters of intent? I know Joni gave off the impression that they are not looked favorably upon, but anyone thinking about sending one? Should we wait until the wait list comes out?
Follow her instructions: DO NOT SEND. You really only hurt yourself. She wouldn't say 'don't send one' if she really didn't mean it.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone remember/know around when we should expect to receive financial aid/scholarship news?
I thought we'd hear back mid-March buuuuut... to my knowledge no one has heard back about their financial aid packages.

I thought we'd hear back mid-March buuuuut... to my knowledge no one has heard back about their financial aid packages.
Ugh yeah me too. I'm still deciding between UNC and another school and this is all that's keeping me from making my final decision!

Me waiting on a decision from UNC (quite literally):

giphy.gif

Reactions: 6 users
...........one of you guys should totally call the office and follow up and then report back lol

(not me though, last time I called they just told me it would be ready "soon." a sufficiently ominous answer.)

Reactions: 1 user
...........one of you guys should totally call the office and follow up and then report back lol

(not me though, last time I called they just told me it would be ready "soon." a sufficiently ominous answer.)

Yeah but your app is already blacklisted by that call, so you may as well just do it again .....

;);)

Reactions: 5 users
tumblr_lj57goZvBh1qdjdp1o1_500.jpg

Everything seems to be delayed this year because last couple years there were acceptances first week of April...

Rejected, IS re-app. Disappointed can't begin to describe it.

Reactions: 2 users
Rejected IS as well. Does anyone know if they do exit interviews? (A short interview telling you what the problems with your app was)

Rejected, IS re-app. Disappointed can't begin to describe it.
I totally understand the feeling. Keep your head up - I know many super-qualified, amazing individuals who didn't even get an interview. I hope we all end up where is best for us!

Yup, me too. Given how long it had been since my interview, I had sort of assumed things weren't looking good. :/ Good luck to everyone else!

For those of you who were rejected today - Did you receive an email? I still have not heard anything!

Rejected today as well. Kind of salty that it took this long to find that out. Oh well, guess it's time to start the whole process over.

Bruh pouring on the hate today :/ keep your heads up though if you really want something then go get it... I know easier said than done but now do everything with a chip on your shoulder and strive to do the best you can whether it be on an exam or on the job!

Rejected yesterday via email, OOS first time app.

After 24 weeks of waiting, I guess bad closure is better than no closure...right? Guess its time to see what this MCAT 2015 is all about...

Second the question on exit interviews, anyone have experience with those at other schools or planning to ask for feedback from Carolina? I love you all

Reactions: 3 users
UNC gives exit interviews via phone at the end of the application season, if you have been rejected from all other schools.

Hard to believe that it seems none of us who have been waiting and posting all this time even made the wait list. Cheers to everyone and best of luck! Hopefully I'll see some of you at Wake Forest this fall.

Anyone else still waiting to hear back? Should I call them since it seems like so many people have heard already?

Anyone else still waiting to hear back? Should I call them since it seems like so many people have heard already?

Still waiting...i wouldnt call because they may get agitated since they were prob really busy this week with all the decisions...but thats just me I dont want to push anyones buttons

I'm still waiting, too.

Fam- keep your collective chin up. Thanks for keeping me and each other company during this truly bonkers process.

Sincerely,
Girl Faizon

Just received an email informing me that I am on the wait list.

Reactions: 2 users