2015-2016 University of Texas - San Antonio Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ismet

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
No secondary.

Good luck to everyone applying! :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
applying from out of state!!

Applying OOS as well!

@ActorENFP did your email specifically say all materials were received (as you said)?

I received an email from UTSA yesterday, but it just said my application had been received.

Nice. Mine wasn't submitted until May 28, and I have yet to receive an email. I also called and they did not have anything from me. Should I be worried? :(

No idea, sorry.

Hopefully you get it figured out though.

Nice. Mine wasn't submitted until May 28, and I have yet to receive an email. I also called and they did not have anything from me. Should I be worried? :(

Mine was transmitted on 5/19. It could just be that they are looking at it a pile at a time and yours just happened to be in a different pile than mine or Cawolf's.

Reactions: 1 user
I submitted right around when you did so maybe check with tmdsas because I received the email on 6/10

Ugh this is really worrying me. This is my first choice school so I hope everything is fine.
It could be something simple, but them not having your transcript of them being backed up for some reason would not prevent them from taking you once they do, once it's sorted out I'm sure you'll have an equal shot as anyone

Members don't see this ad :)
I finally got my under review e-mail! I was transmitted 6/2 and committee letter finally uploaded 6/29.

For those of you who have received emails, did you get two separate ones? One for "application received," and one for "under review?" If so, when did you transmit and receive those emails? I just received an email this morning saying that my application was received, but it looks like my app was transmitted later than you guys (June 19). Just wondering when I can expect to be under review :)

For those of you who have received emails, did you get two separate ones? One for "application received," and one for "under review?" If so, when did you transmit and receive those emails? I just received an email this morning saying that my application was received, but it looks like my app was transmitted later than you guys (June 19). Just wondering when I can expect to be under review :)
No I transmitted 5/18 and got an email saying they received my app on 6/10. The same email talked about interviews, so I'm not sure if they send an email about being under review or not.

Oh my gosh. I am so sorry, I did not mean to cause all this confusion. I just got a confirmation from them saying they've received my stuff. Not necessarily "under review", but that's what I took it as. Again, so sorry guys!
:hilarious: :laugh::laugh::laugh:way too funny. Glad we got that worked out, eh!

Is the email regarding receipt of application only received once all materials are received? Still haven't heard from them, but they also haven't received my letter packet or MCAT score. Tmdsas was sent beginning of June

Ugh this is really worrying me. This is my first choice school so I hope everything is fine.
I was freaking out about it too, but I finally got it after a while. I think it might have to do with your MCAT score also. My scores weren't released till June 16th, I released them to TMDSAS the same day, and they received my score the following day. UTSA didn't send me an email till July 1. My letters aren't in yet either so as said before, I think it's just because the mcat score is pending. :)

I don't really think there is a rhyme or reason to how they send the emails. I transmitted on 5/13 and my email from UTSA did not come until 6/25.

I would love to know when we can start to expect IIs though. I heard they went out this time last year.

its a very unfortunate acronym given its context

Reactions: 1 users
II via email!

Reactions: 8 users
II via email!! So excited!

Reactions: 7 users
Congrats y'all! When did those of you who received II's submit?

Also, when were y'all completed and are your letter of recommendations in?

I was completed and transmitted on 5/14; the under review email came on 6/10.

Grats! Totally jelly!

Complete early May. LizzyM 65-70. Non trad.

Last edited:

Wow good for you! They're so tough with OOS that a friend of mine applied OOS and got literally NOTHING, she waited a year to get residency, applied with the same stats and now goes to UTSW.

When did you transmit? And did your LOR go through later? If so, when?

I transmitted on 5/13 with a complete application. I had asked for letters in March and just held them in Interfolio until the app opened.

Good for everyone getting IIs!

For those who got IIs, what dates did you guys pick? I went with Aug. 24th so I'd have time to stop hyperventilating :D