2015-2016 Virginia Commonwealth University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
wrong thread, sorry

Members don't see this ad.

Waitlisted after waiting ten months from my interview date... decided to go back for an engineer degree. Wasted too many years of my life on this and thought that since I was a 4.0 HS student and had high GPA in college I would be a shoe in for acceptance. I was wrong and should have done more research and if I had known what it takes to get into med school at 18 or 19 I would have changed majors instantly.

Members don't see this ad :)
Waitlisted after waiting ten months from my interview date... decided to go back for an engineer degree. Wasted too many years of my life on this and thought that since I was a 4.0 HS student and had high GPA in college I would be a shoe in for acceptance. I was wrong and should have done more research and if I had known what it takes to get into med school at 18 or 19 I would have changed majors instantly.

can you elaborate?

can you elaborate?
Yeah I was a bio major who switched from pharmacy to medicine and spent three years after graduation to apply to med school. I spent those years poor, not building a career etc and figured if I didn’t get in I was going to give up on it. I emailed the engineer department a month before orientation since I figured my odds of getting in were not good. I was correct and didn’t get in and decided not to apply again. I’m almost done with my engineer degree and should land a solid job afterwards.

can you elaborate?
I interviewed in October and found out on August 1 I wasn’t going to school here. I sent my primary in June 2015 and found out August 2016 I wasn’t going to med school. That long wait made me decide it wasn’t worth it.... I wasn’t going to waste another year of my life on it.