2015-2016 Wayne State University School of Medicine Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Tracker was updated.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Tracker said they've give out 447 offers. Since all the adcoms on sdn are saying schools usually accept 2-3 times their class size (unless it's a special school like Harvard or something), so Wayne state probably would give out ~600 offers ultimately? So there's still approximately 150 offers remaining right??? I need hope!!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Tracker said they've give out 447 offers. Since all the adcoms on sdn are saying schools usually accept 2-3 times their class size (unless it's a special school like Harvard or something), so Wayne state probably would give out ~600 offers ultimately? So there's still approximately 150 offers remaining right??? I need hope!!

their website says there were 525 offers last year

Anyone hear anything this week?

....maybe

Per admissions office: they reviewed the wait list today for the first time since the first batch of acceptances (off the wait list); will be notifying selected applicants next week.

Per admissions office: they reviewed the wait list today for the first time since the first batch of acceptances (off the wait list); will be notifying selected applicants next week.

Thanks!!!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

They have been saying next week for the past 2 weeks now lol...all my hope is gone now

Reactions: 3 users
I'm not sure if this was answered or not, but are the applicants on the alternate list ranked?

Members don't see this ad :)
Any other accepted students having trouble with their access ID? I need to see my financial aid package! OOS tuition is $$$$

haha. but it has to be next week.. cause that would give the last batch 2 weeks.. just hope enough of them choose a different medical school lol.
You and me, we're the same hoping the same!

It's hard to say, they didn't update their tracker there for a bit. Hopefully a decent amount!

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk[/QUOTE
first batch had to be around 50-60.. counting for the April 30 deadline.. so if we are like the luckiest people alive right now only half those accepted... so maybe 20-30 for the next round.

first batch had to be around 50-60.. counting for the April 30 deadline.. so if we are like the luckiest people alive right now only half those accepted... so maybe 20-30 for the next round.

So they met and decided, but are waiting until next week to tell us?

Eh, hopefully anyone who didn't post in here didn't accept...

I think they are waiting because of that two week deadline for the previously accepted applicants; I'd assume they ranked a bunch of people and depending on how many seats need to be filled, after the first batch of students make their decisions, will use that list to make acceptances. Just speculating, however

So they met and decided, but are waiting until next week to tell us?

Yeah.. which means that
I think they are waiting because of that two week deadline for the previously accepted applicants; I'd assume they ranked a bunch of people and depending on how many seats need to be filled, after the first batch of students make their decisions, will use that list to make acceptances. Just speculating, however

yeah.. last batch heard on Monday.. so maybe if were lucky so will next batch

Just accepted off the waitlist!

Reactions: 2 users

Congratz! I just got accepted off teh waitlist as well! Just in time too, I was going to retake the MCAT tomorrow...... :)

Reactions: 7 users
Congrats! I thought I had until Monday to worry. Maybe next time for me .

Hopefully there are more seats for all of you in here

I hope there not done sending acceptance out now :( :(

November 23--plenty of time, in other words, to snuff out nearly every glimmer of hope I held last winter. I have officially and permanently given up ever again attempting to predict my future.

To all still waiting, please hang in there! Believe me when I say that I'm writing from experience here: time spent worrying yourself incapacitated moves a lot more slowly. None of us made it as far as the WSUSOM waitlist by lacking the capacity to persevere. :)

Reactions: 4 users
Hello everyone. I was just recently accepted off the wait list at FAU, so I just withdrew from Wayne. I'm happy to let you guys know that someone will soon be getting an acceptance.

I wish all of you the best of luck, and hope that your dreams come true!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 5 users
Did anyone else that just received an acceptance during this recent batch receive anything for a background check?

Got accepted off of the waitlist yesterday at around 4:30, but didn't check my email until today since I'm on vacation. Proceeded to cry and have a panic attack in a small restaurant while calling my mother as I saw the acceptance hahaha. Hang in there everyone!!!

Reactions: 4 users
I need 2 additional tickets for the white coat ceremony. Willing to pay! Let me know if you are interested, thanks!

Got accepted off of the waitlist yesterday at around 4:30, but didn't check my email until today since I'm on vacation. Proceeded to cry and have a panic attack in a small restaurant while calling my mother as I saw the acceptance hahaha. Hang in there everyone!!!
Congrats lollipop864!! So happy for you! Will you be accepting your seat to WSUSOM?

Accepted off the wait list on Thursday. Interviewed in early October. I will say that I knew there were 10 spots left as of them meeting on Wednesday. Source: Member of the Adcom.

Will be accepting my offer. Good luck to the rest of you, know we have all been patiently waiting.

I guess there goes my speck of hope.

Accepted off the wait list on Thursday. Interviewed in early October. I will say that I knew there were 10 spots left as of them meeting on Wednesday. Source: Member of the Adcom.

Will be accepting my offer. Good luck to the rest of you, know we have all been patiently waiting.
yay!!! see you in july!!! :D

I guess there goes my speck of hope.

Don't lose faith yet! Trust me, I didn't think I had even a slight chance here. My mcat is super low, but I recently got published in a lab with a prof at the med school, which i think helped A LOT. Hang in there, I know how it feels!

What do you mean by 10 spots left?

Don't lose faith yet! Trust me, I didn't think I had even a slight chance here. My mcat is super low, but I recently got published in a lab with a prof at the med school, which i think helped A LOT. Hang in there, I know how it feels!

That's my main issue, my MCAT score. Now that they are sending out rejection letters, I am getting very worried.