2015-2016 Wayne State University School of Medicine Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
was also accepted off the waitlist last week. Ironically the same day I submitted my AMCAS app for the next cycle :laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Really stupid question, and I am sure this might be a phishing attack. Have any of you guys gotten an email from "Wayne State University services" to confirm your email address? On one hand I know they are upgrading their email service. On the other hand this just seems highly suspicious.

It states the following:

Thank your for being part of THE Wayne State University webmail Services. We're excited to contact your email!

We are currently updating our Wayne State University services, due to this upgrade we sincerely call your
attention to follow below link and reconfirm your Wayne State University email account details.

Really stupid question, and I am sure this might be a phishing attack. Have any of you guys gotten an email from "Wayne State University services" to confirm your email address? On one hand I know they are upgrading their email service. On the other hand this just seems highly suspicious.

It states the following:

Thank your for being part of THE Wayne State University webmail Services. We're excited to contact your email!

We are currently updating our Wayne State University services, due to this upgrade we sincerely call your
attention to follow below link and reconfirm your Wayne State University email account details.

I got that too. Highlight the link but don't click it. It will show you that it's not a real Wayne site. At least mine was fake. Deleted it.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)

It states the following:

I have gotten two slightly varied e-mails similar to this. Both were from a wayne.edu address, which was tricky. There is an option to mark the e-mail as phishing and I noticed after I marked one of the e-mails a warning regarding the phishing e-mail was posted on "Academia" soon after. So it seems as though my efforts weren't entirely fruitless!

on another note.....

Does anyone have any extra tickets to the white coat ceremony? I have an enormous family.......

Called the office today...they can't tell you where you are on the alternate list, but they can tell you if they are still considering you or not based on your AMCAS ID.

Thanks for this -- I decided to call and to my surprise I'm still on the list (at this point it felt like maaaybe I wasn't). At least there's still a shred of hope that someone declines. A shred of a shred. Of a small shred.

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks for this -- I decided to call and to my surprise I'm still on the list (at this point it felt like maaaybe I wasn't). At least there's still a shred of hope that someone declines. A shred of a shred. Of a small shred.

I did the same about an hour ago.... while
I was on hold. I guess I'm still in the running!

I got that too. Highlight the link but don't click it. It will show you that it's not a real Wayne site. At least mine was fake. Deleted it.

You guys should report this to the admissions office! WSU has been dealing with a phishing attack lately and this'll help them investigate it further.

Accepted off the waitlist today....interviewed back in January....nothing like scrambling around trying to get things done in the course of 2 weeks lol anyone know how many tickets you get to the white coat ceremony? can anyone that went to second look day comment on the curriculum change?

Reactions: 4 users
Accepted off the waitlist today....interviewed back in January....nothing like scrambling around trying to get things done in the course of 2 weeks lol anyone know how many tickets you get to the white coat ceremony? can anyone that went to second look day comment on the curriculum change?

Join the fb group. You'll find more than enough upperclassmen to answer any question you may have. There's also an admissions office representative there that'll help you get oriented right away.

And there won't be too many curriculum changes for our year. They're trying to increase the amount of PBL's and reduce lecture times, but a bulk of the changes will take place for the class entering this next year.

And please excuse my rudeness....Congratulations! I can imagine how estatic you are right now! Looking forward to meeting you at orientation.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Join the fb group. You'll find more than enough upperclassmen to answer any question you may have. There's also an admissions office representative there that'll help you get oriented right away.

And there won't be too many curriculum changes for our year. They're trying to increase the amount of PBL's and reduce lecture times, but a bulk of the changes will take place for the class entering this next year.

I am in the same boat, can someone please posts the link to the fb group on here? Thank you!

I got told to just reapply

I know I'm speaking from the privilege of being accepted, but please do keep your head up! I encourage you to meet with an admissions representative to see what exactly you may need to improve your candidacy for the upcoming cycle.

I know I'm speaking from the privilege of being accepted, but please do keep your head up! I encourage you to meet with an admissions representative to see what exactly you may need to improve your candidacy for the upcoming cycle.

I did this and was told to just retake the MCAT and reapply since there is nothing else that I can really do to make my application better, given that I am a great candidate (their words; definitely not mine because I disagree on the great part).

I did this and was told to just retake the MCAT and reapply since there is nothing else that I can really do to make my application better, given that I am a great candidate (their words; definitely not mine because I disagree on the great part).

Sorry, they told you to reapply? Did you get an email or a phone call? I haven't heard anything yet after being put on the waitlist.

If you need specific advice on studying for the MCAT and would like some advice, send me a message. I'm a MCAT tutor and have a system that's personally worked really well for me and the others that I've worked with.

Reactions: 1 user
I've only continued to watch SDN forums periodically hoping to see that you got in, now I will stop. I'm sorry, Good luck for next year.

Thank you! I don't think I am applying again for next year though. I hope things go well for you and the rest of you guys.

Can you please tell me who you contacted to speak to them about your application? Was it arranged through email or phone call? I have been on the alternate list two cycles in a row without much success, so I would like to find out how I can improve myself as an applicant. Thank you in advance!

The dean of admissions. You can schedule and appointment via phone.

If you need specific advice on studying for the MCAT and would like some advice, send me a message. I'm a MCAT tutor and have a system that's personally worked really well for me and the others that I've worked with.

PM please

Hi, I was hoping to get in contact with you but I wasn't able to message you. I need some help with my personal statement would really appreciate your help.. My email is [email protected].

That's my main issue, my MCAT score. Now that they are sending out rejection letters, I am getting very worried.

Hi, What was your MCAT score? I was just placed on the WL this year and I'm worried about my MCAT