2016-2017 Albert Einstein College of Medicine Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know if there is a place to store your luggage during interview day?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
:cyclops:I was complete 07/13 and have heard nothing since.... And since they don't really have an online status portal, is this a silent rejection??
Complete 7/1 and I'm still waiting for something to happen. :help:

Reactions: 5 users
II today for MSTP!!! :happy: Complete 9/6

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if there is a place to store your luggage during interview day?

Yes, they have space in the office and a dressing room for you to change in.

Edit: Oops just saw that my question was answered!

Last edited:
II this morning. App submitted early August. Complete late September. Interview dates starting late November.

Reactions: 1 users
LM of ~70. I'm OOS, but for some reason New York schools have been great for me. I've gotten interviews to every New York school I applied to...
tfw I am an NY resident with no luck anywhere

Just got a complete email, submitted August 31st. How long do they normally take to review apps after they're complete?

Just got a complete email, submitted August 31st. How long do they normally take to review apps after they're complete?
I don't think anyone has a clue. I've been complete since late July and haven't heard a peep.

Members don't see this ad :)

The timeline for this school is extremely variable and you just can't make any predictions. It could be a very long time. I applied here last cycle, was marked complete around this time of year, and didn't get an II until February.

2 months and no completion email as yet ..... :punch::punch::rage::rage::rage::mad:

Just received a complete email today. Everything was submitted around September 23.

it's pretty ugly, given the high secondary price, how ineffective and unmotivated they are w their process. hope Gwendolyn enjoyed my gift xx

II this morning! I'm so excited! Congrats to all those getting IIs/acceptances, and I'm crossing my fingers for you guys who are still waiting for some news!

Reactions: 3 users
So I am going to be in NYC in about a month and was wondering about an ITA email, I'd really like to only have to spend the money to fly up once. I submitted back in August and was only complete a little over a week ago, is it too early to send one of these emails or should I just go ahead considering I submitted everything over 2 months ago now?

So I am going to be in NYC in about a month and was wondering about an ITA email, I'd really like to only have to spend the money to fly up once. I submitted back in August and was only complete a little over a week ago, is it too early to send one of these emails or should I just go ahead considering I submitted everything over 2 months ago now?
You can try but I doubt it will work. A school that takes 2 months to just mark you complete doesn't seem like the type to be on their game in pushing through a application for a ITA request.

II this morning! I'm so excited! Congrats to all those getting IIs/acceptances, and I'm crossing my fingers for you guys who are still waiting for some news!
He need deets. Submit date and completion date.

I sent them an ITA email a while back and they responded the next day saying that they would be able to offer me an interview. Allowed me to cut out an extra trip to New York which was really nice. So I would go for it if I were you.

Just got my interview and have booked the date! Can someone update me on everything I need to know and do to prepare!

Do they need some sort of proof that you are going to be ITA, or can you just claim that you will be ITA in order to push them to send you an II?

Do they need some sort of proof that you are going to be ITA, or can you just claim that you will be ITA in order to push them to send you an II?

I am not sure about the proof of being ITA, but it is likely all of these people getting interviews were already in some form of "high priority pile" and were likely to be interviewed regardless at some point in time this cycle

To anyone that has interviewed here already, do you know if it was December or January that they said they would start sending people their dispositions? I know someone from admissions mentioned it during the day but my memory is foggy (I was nervous:()

To anyone that has interviewed here already, do you know if it was December or January that they said they would start sending people their dispositions? I know someone from admissions mentioned it during the day but my memory is foggy (I was nervous:()
Interviewed last week. They said decisions come out in February.

Any current students want to chime in on what makes Einstein unique/why you chose to attend?

Any current students want to chime in on what makes Einstein unique/why you chose to attend?
Pass/fail preclinical years. Interesting patient population in the Bronx. Proximity to Manhattan. Student housing is very nice for the price, too.

Pass/fail preclinical years. Interesting patient population in the Bronx. Proximity to Manhattan. Student housing is very nice for the price, too.

Thanks for that. Is the underserved population mostly Hispanic? What do you find interesting about the population?

Thanks for that. Is the underserved population mostly Hispanic? What do you find interesting about the population?
Mostly hispanic and black.

I know the word gets thrown around a lot, but it's a lot more diverse than other parts of the country -- in terms of race/ethnicity and the types of health problems the people have. They say it will prepare us well for the future, especially if we go into something like EM for example. I can't really say much more about it since I'm only a first year, but all of the patients I have worked with so far have had interesting stories and medical histories.

The demographics of the Morris Park neighborhood are very different from the Bronx as a whole, though.

Reactions: 2 users
Would you mind describing more in detail?
Just going from 2013 data on Wikipedia, the Bronx is something like 10% non-Hispanic white, 43% black, 55% Hispanic. Median household income $28,000.

The school is on the edge of a predominantly white Italian neighborhood with a median household income of $53,000. I don't mean to imply that most of our patients come from this neighborhood though. We have very large hospitals here and some students go to other parts of the Bronx, other boroughs, and suburbs.

Looked through the thread and didn't find the answer so thought I'd ask. Do they accept updates?

So I got the complete e-mail 7/26 but have not heard anything. How concerned should I be?

Got a complete email today after submitting in early September -- phew thanks for the heart attack Einstein :eek:

Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum. Did anyone with a 512 MCAT get an interview so far? I'm not racially under-represented, but definitely ethnically. I'm not sure if that counts though. My breakdown is 127/131/127/127

Hey Jamie!
My first SDN post (a bit overly excited)!
I submitted my II on 8/29 and I got my interview last week.
Stats:
GPA: 3.91
MCAT: 512 (131/126/130/125)

What is the interview style like at Einstein and how many interviews are there? Is it with faculty, staff or students?

What is the interview style like at Einstein and how many interviews are there? Is it with faculty, staff or students?

1 interview with a faculty member. VERY conversational/laid back and it should last about 45 minutes to an hour.

Reactions: 2 users

Research powerhouse (top 25 in the nation in terms of NIH $). Dedicated faculty. Small school vibe but so many opportunities. History of progressive values (established w the intention to give equal opportunity to minorities and women to get med edu). Affiliated w a hospital system that has great trajectory. Recently ranked 13 in the nation by a more objective ranking study published in academic medicine. The list goes on...

https://www.eab.com/daily-briefing/...e-to-replace-us-news-rankings-for-med-schools

Reactions: 3 users
Research powerhouse (top 25 in the nation in terms of NIH $). Dedicated faculty. Small school vibe but so many opportunities. History of progressive values (established w the intention to give equal opportunity to minorities and women to get med edu). Affiliated w a hospital system that has great trajectory. Recently ranked 13 in the nation by a more objective ranking study published in academic medicine. The list goes on...

https://www.eab.com/daily-briefing/...e-to-replace-us-news-rankings-for-med-schools
http://mobile.journals.lww.com/acad....aspx?year=2015&issue=05000&article=00020#ath

Like to study if anyone wants it

Has anyone received a pre-II rejection yet?

Nothing goes out until Feb.
Shiiit...einstein love me!

Honestly, even getting an interview doesn't seem to mean much since they only accept a quarter of the interviewees