2016-2017 Albert Einstein College of Medicine Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Ok my interview is very soon.
How do you pronounce these words:
1) Montefiore
2) Maimonedes
3) Weiler
LOL May I know what these words are and why you need them?
GOOD LUCK!

Reactions: 1 user
My interview is coming up, you guys! Very excited. Anyone want to share some insights on how their day went? I checked out the interview feedback, but I figure it's always nice to hear from those who went through the process recently. :)

Interviewing here was a very nice experience for me. My interview was off-campus and at first I was anxious about getting lost, etc., but it worked out fine. Interviewer was warm and easy to talk to. I was particularly impressed with the student guides, who were very approachable and earnest. I know the students who volunteer for such things are always friendly, but the ones I spoke to at Einstein seemed genuine, ya know? I could see myself being classmates/friends with them. The student housing was also nicer than I expected. Still dorm-y, but rather spacious and VERY cheap! Overall I left with a positive impression.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewing here was a very nice experience for me. My interview was off-campus and at first I was anxious about getting lost, etc., but it worked out fine. Interviewer was warm and easy to talk to. I was particularly impressed with the student guides, who were very approachable and earnest. I know the students who volunteer for such things are always friendly, but the ones I spoke to at Einstein seemed genuine, ya know? I could see myself being classmates/friends with them. The student housing was also nicer than I expected. Still dorm-y, but rather spacious and VERY cheap! Overall I left with a positive impression.

Did you interview in the afternoon or morning? The reason I ask is my flight is set to depart at 5:55pm and my interview is scheduled at 2:30 pm.

Will I have sufficient time to travel from Einstein to LGA? I plan to use Uber which I have estimated takes 20-30min.

Did you interview in the afternoon or morning? The reason I ask is my flight is set to depart at 5:55pm and my interview is scheduled at 2:30 pm.

Will I have sufficient time to travel from Einstein to LGA? I plan to use Uber which I have estimated takes 20-30min.
In the info they gave us, they said to make sure to book your flight for after 6pm if you have an afternoon interview. it'll be tight. just don't go to jfk accidently when your flight is out of lga, like i did.

I think you'll be alright. The interview should be about an hour. If everything goes smoothly you'll get to the airport around 4pm. Two hours prior to departure is plenty of time. Even if you get there at 4:30, you should still be okay.

I think you'll be alright. The interview should be about an hour. If everything goes smoothly you'll get to the airport around 4pm. Two hours prior to departure is plenty of time. Even if you get there at 4:30, you should still be okay.

Famous last words.

Reactions: 4 users
Famous last words.

Lol, true. If it were "if everything goes smoothly, you'll just make it," I wouldn't recommend it. But even if they got to LGA an hour late, they could still probably catch their flight. So why stress over it needlessly on an already-stressful day?

II just now! Complete late July

Reactions: 6 users
II - Complete in August

It's always better to choose an earlier interview date, right?

People who interviewed here, what was your experience? Would you recommend an afternoon interview?

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
II - Complete in August

People who interviewed here, what was your experience? Would you recommend an afternoon interview?
Congrats!! Do you know what dates are available?

II - Complete in August

I did an afternoon interview. I really like being able to come in at 11, because I could stay in the city and explore and make it to the Bronx on time via the subway.

II - Complete in August

Congrats! When you say you were complete in August, does that mean you had everything submitted in August or is that when you actually received the "complete" email? (I submitted everything in August but didn't get that email until late October)

Congrats! When you say you were complete in August, does that mean you had everything submitted in August or is that when you actually received the "complete" email? (I submitted everything in August but didn't get that email until late October)
Whoops. I received my "complete" email in late October.

II - Complete in August

Just a quick heads up about an afternoon interview here! Most people interview in the morning, but both morning and afternoon groups go for lunch/tours together. This is personal preference but I was glad to get it over with by lunch so i could actually enjoy the tours and not have the interview on my mind

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Completed my secondary mid July, can I still get a II invite?? Is this school running later than Columbia and NYU cycle?

II just now !!!!
I think I'm going to pass out from excitement.

Reactions: 16 users
Congrats! Mind sharing when were you complete/stats?
Complete November. Lizzy mid 60s. This was a long shot. Looking at the post interview acceptance rate it seems like it still is.

Complete November. Lizzy mid 60s. This was a long shot. Looking at the post interview acceptance rate it seems like it still is.
Congrats! Have a Lizzy 70 and submitted earlyJuly so crossing fingers!

II today! OOS, complete 12/12

Reactions: 2 users
How do we send updates to Einstein? What email address should I use? Thanks!

How do we send updates to Einstein? What email address should I use? Thanks!

Send them to the general admissions email and put the update in the body of the email. Don't send them a PDF or a word document. I sent them a PDF was told not to do that.

Send them to the general admissions email and put the update in the body of the email. Don't send them a PDF or a word document. I sent them a PDF was told not to do that.
Thanks so much! I appreciate it. Happy New Year!

Have they said anything about when we hear back post II? I don't remember hearing about it at the interview.

II just now! ~74 LizzyM completed late July. First II since the second week of September I'm so excited

Reactions: 12 users
ii!!!! Complete late August, LizzyM is 69
Dates ranged from feb 24 to March 10, looks like many open slots for those wondering :)

Reactions: 9 users