2016-2017 Albert Einstein College of Medicine Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I think until March.

How late does Einstein interview? Complete mid-August and nothing yet. Not even the "are you still interested" email.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
So...both hpwl and wl sound upbeat, but hpwl would be noticed in the subject line, right?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
That's my guess. Ppl in the last year's thread mentioned that the subject line says HPWL ... although I haven't heard anything from AECOM post II yet. :/

So...both hpwl and wl sound upbeat, but hpwl would be noticed in the subject line, right?

Last edited:
So I guess no news today :(

no news is technically not a rejection*

I called again this morning to make sure and they told me word for word "There is no high priority waitlist". I'm still very skeptical, but at this point I'm waiting to see if they lied

Theory: Since accepted students must respond to AECOM within two weeks, maybe the next wave of emails will be acceptances to fill in the number of unclaimed seats? Maybe those who are waiting for "HPWL" emails will be in for a treat?

/speculation

Theory: Since accepted students must respond to AECOM within two weeks, maybe the next wave of emails will be acceptances to fill in the number of unclaimed seats? Maybe those who are waiting for "HPWL" emails will be in for a treat?

/speculation
Nah practically everyone will claim their seats and withdraw closer to April when they need to drop multiple acceptances.

Reactions: 2 users
Last year there was alot of movement around this and next week mostly rejections and waitlists with the next batch of Acceptances coming out first week of march. So judging by last year we are in for a crazy couple of weeks

Members don't see this ad :)
Can anyone point to a reason why Einstein doesn't release their decisions for everyone who interviewed before January on the same day? I interviewed in November and I'm getting really annoyed/worried because I haven't heard back yet. And this waiting feels silly since they've almost definitely made their decision about me already

Can anyone point to a reason why Einstein doesn't release their decisions for everyone who interviewed before January on the same day? I interviewed in November and I'm getting really annoyed/worried because I haven't heard back yet. And this waiting feels silly since they've almost definitely made their decision about me already

II in September here, wait in line ;)

But seriously theres no rulebook to how these things work, every school is autonomous and does things their own way. At another school where I was accepted I heard back within a week of being interviewed sooo yeah Einstein interviews a metric crap ton of people which makes for long waits and you could argue back and forth whether this is right or wrong but at the end of the day theyre really just trying to pick the right people for their class. You really dont know if theyve made a decision on you yet.
End rant.

Last edited:
Im really not one to succumb to anxiety even through this topsy turvy process of application but this school is really testing me lol

einstein admissions and diversity office are the nicest people i've met during this process.

Reactions: 4 users
no news still?! C'mon Einstein! I'm checking my email every 10 mins just hoping to get that HPWL email :(

Its interesting that everyone is freaking out about the February 1st day. On the interview day they told us that that Feb 1st is the earliest we could hear back, however, but the way the system works is that they meet each week or so and continue sending out acceptances. Two of my good friends already got into Einstein last week. At this point, I'm assuming no news is good news?

Its interesting that everyone is freaking out about the February 1st day. On the interview day they told us that that Feb 1st is the earliest we could hear back, however, but the way the system works is that they meet each week or so and continue sending out acceptances. Two of my good friends already got into Einstein last week. At this point, I'm assuming no news is good news?

Yeah, thats probably true. It seems pretty random.
I interviewed on 1/6, anyone early-to-mid Jan hear back yet?

When did they interview?

I really hope HPWL is real. This process is mad confusing

For those who recently got IIs, what dates did they have left?

Accepted today. Interviewed 1/11.

Reactions: 5 users
Accepted, Interviewed in December

Potato

Last edited:
Accepted!!! Interviewed in September! Beyond happy:clap:

ACCEPTED!!!! Interviewed 1/6. Best day of my life.

JUST ACCEPTED EMAIL AT 2:45!!!! INTERVIEWED IN DECEMBER. I sent them a long love letter 2 days ago. It could not have hurt

Reactions: 3 users
Also accepted today via email :). Interviewed in December. Did not send thank you note either.

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted via Email. Extremely happy. I will be attending in the Fall. Interviewed in Dec. Sent thank you note btw.

This is my only acceptance and last school I was hearing from. Waitlisted at NYU and Columbia. Who cares now - I'm going to be a doctor!!!!

Reactions: 19 users
Congrats to everyone got accepted today. It's heartwarming!

I really don't know if I should send a post-II pre-decision update letter. The consensus on sdn seems to be don't send unless significant update (e.g. publications, major awards). But Einstein seems to be the outlier...

I don't want the adcom to think I'm too impatient but at the same time I feel like Einstein is really the type of school that wants you to show interest in them. This is stressful :(

I really don't know if I should send a post-II pre-decision update letter. The consensus on sdn seems to be don't send unless significant update (e.g. publications, major awards). But Einstein seems to be the outlier...

I don't want the adcom to think I'm too impatient but at the same time I feel like Einstein is really the type of school that wants you to show interest in them. This is stressful :(

I interviewed on 1/6 and sent an update on 1/15 expressing my strong interest in the program and telling about my recent progress at work. It wasn't a publication or anything, but I was sure to express how it would contribute to my candidacy at Einstein. I would go for it - it can't hurt at the very least, and I'm sure Einstein would appreciate knowing you're thinking of them!

I interviewed on 1/6 and sent an update on 1/15 expressing my strong interest in the program and telling about my recent progress at work. It wasn't a publication or anything, but I was sure to express how it would contribute to my candidacy at Einstein. I would go for it - it can't hurt at the very least, and I'm sure Einstein would appreciate knowing you're thinking of them!

I kind of got the same impression from my student host I stayed with. I can see why the consensus on sdn would be not to send an update, but from recent posts and posts from previous years I really think Einstein does not fit in this category. Thank you for your input!