2016-2017 Albert Einstein College of Medicine Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is anybody else not able to schedule a special meeting with a faculty member? I keep getting an error page...

Reactions: 1 users
It seems like they cancelled the HPWL and decided to send straight acceptances in waves this year?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
anymore II's being given out here?

So if we haven't heard back what do we do?... Send a letter of interest?

So if we haven't heard back what do we do?... Send a letter of interest?

I sent one last week, assuming we are on hold for consideration when seats become available. Not hurt anyway.

Reactions: 1 user
Seems like they make decisions every Tuesday/Wednesday. I'll definitely send them a love letter by next Monday.

It seems like they cancelled the HPWL and decided to send straight acceptances in waves this year?

That seems likely. Last year, HPWL came out after post-II WL and rejections. I guess the HPWL strategy didn't work out or something. Maybe the AECOM post-II acceptance rate will increase to ~40% from ~30% this year.

That seems likely. Last year, HPWL came out after post-II WL and rejections. I guess the HPWL strategy didn't work out or something. Maybe the AECOM post-II acceptance rate will increase to ~40% from ~30% this year.

IMO, it makes sense to get rid of the waitlist if rarely anybody gets off it. Might as well just get rid of it and rename the HPWL.

Post acceptance rates only related to the total number of acceptances( including those from wl) they send and the number of ppl they interviewed. I think holding the ppl should've been on the hpwl would probably increase the yield, but have no effect on acceptance rate.

Members don't see this ad :)
Rejected today after 7 months of silence. Really had hope for this school as it seems to interview late, and I spent this past year teaching at an underserved high school in the Bronx. Sent an update in December. Oh well, just another school to tick off my dwindling list of chances.

Last edited:
Rejected today after 7 months of silence. Really had hope for this school as it seems to interview late, and I spent this past year teaching at an undeserved high school in the Bronx. Sent an update in December. Oh well, just another school to tick off my dwindling list of chances.
Holy cow, LM of 75...?

Rejected today after 7 months of silence. Really had hope for this school as it seems to interview late, and I spent this past year teaching at an underserved high school in the Bronx. Sent an update in December. Oh well, just another school to tick off my dwindling list of chances.

Sorry to hear! When did u receive the complete email?

Is there an accepted student Facebook group?

Did anybody that received the "are you still interested" email send an update/LOI recently? Wondering if it's checking in with only people they haven't heard from recently (and they're considering for interview) or if they send it to everyone they're still considering for interview
Sent one in January and didn't get one.

Rejected today pre-II. Complete Jul 1. Thought it was good news to survive this long, but :(. Ciao, AECOM.

I know it seems like the Einstein Admissions office might be changing their approach this year, but could any Einstein students or other people with knowledge provide some insight as to how many people get in off the waitlist most years? I am very interested in coming here, but I have no realistic sense of my odds to get in now. Even a small clue would be helpful.

I know it seems like the Einstein Admissions office might be changing their approach this year, but could any Einstein students or other people with knowledge provide some insight as to how many people get in off the waitlist most years? I am very interested in coming here, but I have no realistic sense of my odds to get in now. Even a small clue would be helpful.

None!

Sorry to hear that. Did you receive the "still interested?" email?

From what I'm gathering, that email was sent to applicants who have not sent in any updates/shown interest in the past month. Although I could also be wrong...

Got the waitlist email. Looks like they are doing rolling admissions and maybe rejecting instead of doing HPWL and regular waitlist. Looks like the new waitlist is the old HPWL. Email starts off with "I am happy to inform you..." Got me really excited but now feel kinda let down :(

Got the waitlist email. Looks like they are doing rolling admissions and maybe rejecting instead of doing HPWL and regular waitlist. Looks like the new waitlist is the old HPWL. Email starts off with "I am happy to inform you..." Got me really excited but now feel kinda let down :(

Same here as far as wording goes.

Did everyone who got the waitlist email also have the part about "responding directly to this email"?

From what I'm gathering, that email was sent to applicants who have not sent in any updates/shown interest in the past month. Although I could also be wrong...

I wish I could contribute some sort of rhyme or reason to the email but unfortunately I have not corresponded with the school since submitting my secondary, and I did not receive the email. Maybe they only sent it to potential interviewees that haven't sent updates? Idk, seeing as I haven't been rejected (yet) either

Has anyone who has gotten recently waitlisted (past month or so) gotten in yet? I'm not exactly sure what rolling admissions means but I'm really hoping it means they are constantly pulling from the waitlist.

Has anyone who has gotten recently waitlisted (past month or so) gotten in yet? I'm not exactly sure what rolling admissions means but I'm really hoping it means they are constantly pulling from the waitlist.

I mean its only been like 1 week since WL emails and 2 weeks for acceptances even came out right? Seems a bit too fast still

The biggest WL movement will come in April, after the single acceptance deadline.

After looking back at old threads, HPWL was released around this time last year... So they still might not have gotten around to releasing HPWL decisions this year, right?

I just got waitlisted and I want to believe that I have a shot, but I don't want to get my hopes up.

After looking back at old threads, HPWL was released around this time last year... So they still might not have gotten around to releasing HPWL decisions this year, right?

I just got waitlisted and I want to believe that I have a shot, but I don't want to get my hopes up.

Did your email include a link to respond to the waitlist and ask you to reply directly to that email? They only do that to hpwl ppl in previous years. Looks like they removed the regular waitlist and renamed the hpwl.

Can the waitlist pepole post when they interviewed? ? Any January people?

Interviewed January 13th

Did your email include a link to respond to the waitlist and ask you to reply directly to that email? They only do that to hpwl ppl in previous years. Looks like they removed the regular waitlist and renamed the hpwl.

Ok. Phew, that gives me some hope!

Does anyone happen to know what the wording of the standard waitlist email was from previous years (as compared to the HPWL)? I was just waitlisted for this cycle, but to my understanding this may be the equivalent of a "high priority wait-listing", if they did indeed do away with the regular wait list. The email I received was strangely positive-sounding... it would be comforting to know if the "standard" waitlist email from previous years was more neutral in tone

So what does it mean if I interviewed late November but still have not heard back from the school? Am I between acceptance and waitlist, or between waitlist and rejection?

So what does it mean if I interviewed late November but still have not heard back from the school? Am I between acceptance and waitlist, or between waitlist and rejection?
Yes.

WL just in time! I just finished my update letter (lauging_tears_emoji.jpg)

Interviewed mid November.