2016-2017 Albert Einstein College of Medicine Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
ALL THESE II'S and REJECTIONS AND IM JUST SITTIN HERE SINCE JULY WAITING

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 13 users
Complete since July and dead silence since then. Sent a couple of updates, but didn't receive the interview interest email. Guess my rejection is around the corner! AECOM WHY U NO LOVE ME?!?

Reactions: 5 users
Complete since July and dead silence since then. Sent a couple of updates, but didn't receive the interview interest email. Guess my rejection is around the corner! AECOM WHY U NO LOVE ME?!?
You = Me

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Complete early July. Replied to the "interest" email and just got an II today! Guess the scheduler is glitching right now so we can't schedule our interviews yet though?

I just hope the scheduler error doesn't mean my invitation was sent by a glitch...
My first thoughts exactly... from the email it sounds like we were supposed to receive IIs, but we just can't schedule them quite yet. Thats what I'm hoping for at least

Never got an interest letter. Does only a select group of people get that? I haven't heard anything from the school

Was there anyone who received an II today that did not receive that "are you still interested" email?

Reactions: 6 users
Rejected pre-II. Kinda saw that coming cuz I never got the "are you still interested" email

I feel like they are trying to figure out a way to tactfully send an email saying "woopsie didn't mean to invite you for interview sorry..."

Members don't see this ad :)
Shoutout to all you brave souls that never received that email... Does anyone want to call the admissions office and ask about it?

Shoutout to all you brave souls that never received that email... Does anyone want to call the admissions office and ask about it?

I asked- they said your application is still being considered if you did not receive an email.

you're the real MVP

ayyyy finally got the axe, never got the interest email

Sooooo this week has just been axes and IIs...
I cant find a discernible pattern here

Fridays and monday seem to be the decision days.

Sooooo this week has just been axes and IIs...
I cant find a discernible pattern here

ikr, everything seems so random. First I thought acceptances come out on Wednesdays, then only II and pre-II rejections came out yesterday. sometimes I wonder why can't the adcoms make things a little easier for us

When I talked to them on the phone they said there is a much smaller chance of receiving an interview invite If they never sent you an are you still interested email

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 2 users
Two questions:

1) Has anyone who got an II earlier this week heard anything back after the scheduler glitch?

2) Has anyone who received the "are you still interested" email not been invited for an interview/rejected pre-II?

I meant Wednesday and Friday. Those have been the days acceptances and waitlists came out I believe.

I meant Wednesday and Friday. Those have been the days acceptances and waitlists came out I believe.
Can't seem to remember any acceptances coming out on Friday. Seems like it's Wednesday but who knows with all this randomness

Waiting till May to hear back from all these waitlists is going to kill me.

Can't seem to remember any acceptances coming out on Friday. Seems like it's Wednesday but who knows with all this randomness

What I observed was acceptances on Wed while WL on Fri. This pattern applied to the past 2 weeks but not this week, though.

How about you do it?

I asked- they said your application is still being considered if you did not receive an email.

When I talked to them on the phone they said there is a much smaller chance of receiving an interview invite If they never sent you an are you still interested email

I did call for myself and received the same answer as you @goldfish0991. I was never told anything regarding smaller chances of receiving an interview.

Reactions: 3 users
Same... ridiculous situation
Haven't heard back since the scheduler glitch.
Me neither

Interviewees can schedule one-on-one meetings with faculty through the interview scheduler as well. However, if it's anything, when I tried to schedule a faculty meeting 1-2 weeks ago, I kept getting an error. When I called the office, they said that the scheduler has been glitching recently, so perhaps they still haven't fixed it in the past 1-2 weeks.

The first week of march is when another huge batch of acceptances go out including people on the wait list and late interviewers. Hopefully the apparent change in the admissions process doesn't affect this and alot of us will hear back next week!

Last edited:
The first week of May is when another huge batch of acceptances go out including people on the wait list and late interviewers. Hopefully the apparent change in the admissions process doesn't affect this and alot of us will hear back next week!

May? Or March?

people got off the waitlist that early?
n=1 kind of thing but I saw people who interviewed in feb got put on the wait list late feb and then got off in March. But I also noticed that previous years there was no wait-list movement until April so its hard to judge with this school because it changes its application habits from year to year.

Reactions: 1 users
Einstein I know you don't like me (cause you didn't send me a interview invite) but the second and third rejection email were a bit unnecessary.

Reactions: 4 users
Einstein I know you don't like me (cause you didn't send me a interview invite) but the second and third rejection email were a bit unnecessary.
Hey, at least u know they don't want u :p i've received 8 hold notices from a school thus far this season, now that is overkill.