2016-2017 Albert Einstein College of Medicine Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yeah, I'm starting to get the sense that the phraseology of the emails might actually matter.

Especially since my email said rolling admissions would be happening from the list rather than a response in the coming months.
If the HPWL does exist that's really not nice for them to say there isn't such thing as a HPWL for those who called though.:confused:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Guys this isn't healthy. Just sit tight!

Yall are arguing over what the wording of the WL emails means, and meanwhile I'm sitting here wondering why the heck I have not heard back from them since July 2016! :thinking:

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Guys this isn't healthy. Just sit tight!
upload_2017-3-1_18-15-27.png

I am sitting very tight.

Reactions: 6 users
Plot twist: We're all on HPWL and regular WL hasn't even gone out yet. Einstein's last troll from the grave.

Starting to feel like I shouldn't go interview at this school if they're just gonna troll me. :p

Has anyone called to ask when the next round of acceptances/wait-lists/rejections/etc. will be sent out?

Has anyone called to ask when the next round of acceptances/wait-lists/rejections/etc. will be sent out?

I just called and asked for when decisions will be coming out for people who interviewed and haven't heard back.

Answer: "I'm not at liberty to discuss that."

I guess we just have to sit tight.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I just called and asked for when decisions will be coming out for people who interviewed and haven't heard back.

Answer: "I'm not at liberty to discuss that."

I guess we just have to sit tight.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Did she ask you for your AMCAS ID and look you up?

Declined II due to costs / scheduling difficulty / and what sounds like an annoying low yield decision process. Best of luck to you all

Has anyone who interviewed in late-January or later heard back?
Nope the latest is Jan 13th. We should be in the next batch. But don't be counting on it because they are people who interviewed since November that haven't heard back so it's a little random

If we haven't gotten an II at this point its pretty much a rejection right?

Today was the day decisions went out last year.

is there a consensus on whether it is better to update post II but pre-decision or should we wait to hear back before we send an update/LOI?

B
D
Great

Great
Gf

Great

V
Ff
F
Get
F
B
F. Bc bf v
C

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

I dont get it ..............

I got the email titled "status update" yesterday (a sunday lol?)

interviewed early Feburary

Meanwhile I'm still sitting here, waiting to know if I'll ever get an interview or not. Not sure if this is better or worse than being rejected already.

Reactions: 5 users
I know this may unnerve people because it doesn't really follow any descernible pattern, but I was sent an admission email this am and accepted. I was waitlisted two weeks ago and was sent the warm "status update " about two weeks ago. I sent two LOI after wait list. I interviewed beginning of November. This is an n=1, but I do think the second waitlist that came out was a silent HPWL. Good luck to everyone.

I know this may unnerve people because it doesn't really follow any descernible pattern, but I was sent an admission email this am and accepted. I was waitlisted two weeks ago and was sent the warm "status update " about two weeks ago. I sent two LOI after wait list. I interviewed beginning of November. This is an n=1, but I do think the second waitlist that came out was a silent HPWL. Good luck to everyone.
Congrats!!!!!!!! Any tips for an upcoming interview? :D Do they accept LOI right away or only on waitlist?

I told them in my interview that if offered a position, I would accept. I only sent the emails after I was put on WL.

I told them in my interview that if offered a position, I would accept. I only sent the emails after I was put on WL.
Wow, so they're sending out acceptances on a rolling basis. Just like they said in the email! I'm really excited but not trying ot get my hopes up too much. I sent a pretty strong letter of interest right after receiving my WL email so hopefully I hear some good news soon. It's hard to keep my excitement down since this school is pretty much one of my top 3 choices atm!

They sure like to send those "EINSTEIN - UPCOMING INTERVIEW" emails a lot...