2016-2017 Albert Einstein College of Medicine Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I know this may unnerve people because it doesn't really follow any descernible pattern, but I was sent an admission email this am and accepted. I was waitlisted two weeks ago and was sent the warm "status update " about two weeks ago. I sent two LOI after wait list. I interviewed beginning of November. This is an n=1, but I do think the second waitlist that came out was a silent HPWL. Good luck to everyone.
55307773.jpg

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
Wow, so they're sending out acceptances on a rolling basis. Just like they said in the email! I'm really excited but not trying ot get my hopes up too much. I sent a pretty strong letter of interest right after receiving my WL email so hopefully I hear some good news soon. It's hard to keep my excitement down since this school is pretty much one of my top 3 choices atm!

What do you mean by "pretty strong" LOI? I thought LOIs mostly all say the same things- your interest in the school, promise to attend if they accept you, and why you would be a good fit for said school. Am I missing something here -- how is a strong LOI different from a normal, well-written LOI?

What do you mean by "pretty strong" LOI? I thought LOIs mostly all say the same things- your interest in the school, promise to attend if they accept you, and why you would be a good fit for said school. Am I missing something here -- how is a strong LOI different from a normal, well-written LOI?
They used thicker paper I think.

Reactions: 9 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I think he means that you integrated a status update with his activities post interview within the LOI.

Reactions: 1 user
I meant strong content wise. It was an update along with communicating my fit with the school.

FINALLY heard back from them after 8 months!!!!

Rejected.

Reactions: 3 users

I guess they'll only read the subject line.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I know this may unnerve people because it doesn't really follow any descernible pattern, but I was sent an admission email this am and accepted. I was waitlisted two weeks ago and was sent the warm "status update " about two weeks ago. I sent two LOI after wait list. I interviewed beginning of November. This is an n=1, but I do think the second waitlist that came out was a silent HPWL. Good luck to everyone.

I was also accepted yesterday after having received the Status Update email a couple weeks ago. I replied directly to that email (never received a reply back) saying I was very interested in attending and included a brief activities update since my interview in November. Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear back!

Last edited:
Waitlisted on Sunday. Interviewed mid Feb. I think I have officially become the King of the waitlist

Members don't see this ad :)
I was also accepted yesterday after having received the Status Update email a couple weeks ago. I replied directly to that email (never received a reply back) saying I was very interested in attending and included a brief activities update since my interview in November. Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear back!
Oh gawd I was also interviewed in November with the status update a few weeks back. I sent an update letter the same day I got the waitlist I'm dying congrats you two! (praying emoji x 123456789)

Reactions: 1 users
anyone that has been accepted already receive the link to submit the deposit yet?

Did anyone who got an II received to Einstein's recent email asking if you still plan to attend their interview? They asked to let them know if you're NOT attending, but didn't specifically ask to let them know if you do plan to go. I hope replying to it with my intention to attend didn't get mixed up and end up canceling my interview... :(

Did anyone who got an II received to Einstein's recent email asking if you still plan to attend their interview? They asked to let them know if you're NOT attending, but didn't specifically ask to let them know if you do plan to go. I hope replying to it with my intention to attend didn't get mixed up and end up canceling my interview... :(
Dem directions tho.

Call to make sure!

These days need to be less quieter... cmon Einstein!

Anyone else still hanging on pre-II? I didn't get the "are you still interested" email, but I'm still alive lol

Reactions: 6 users
How long does interview day last here? Think I can make it out by 3pm to catch my flight?

same... at least only 5 more days to know if that means rejected or not? (I think...)
I think we're in the negatives now. I read somewhere that in previous years AECOM responds with II's or pre-II rejections by the first week of March. Last year's thread had no more invites past Feb 23 (that I saw anyway). So...I'm still waiting I guess, but the prognosis isn't good.

I'm torn between this school and an excellent state school. I don't want to regret attending one over the other.

I think we're in the negatives now. I read somewhere that in previous years AECOM responds with II's or pre-II rejections by the first week of March. Last year's thread had no more invites past Feb 23 (that I saw anyway). So...I'm still waiting I guess, but the prognosis isn't good.

The people who signed up last week said there was still 40 spots open and that didn't include end of April dates (their websites says they have them) so I don't think they are done yet.

The people who signed up last week said there was still 40 spots open and that didn't include end of April dates (their websites says they have them) so I don't think they are done yet.

that is a ray of sunshine :)

How long does committee take to review post-II?
Interviewed about week ago.

How long does committee take to review post-II?
Interviewed about week ago.
They are people who interviewed 6 and 5 months ago that have heard nothing I interviewed around 7-8 weeks ago and haven't heard back. They are a few people who have interviewed in February who have been waitlisted. So it varies.

They are people who interviewed 6 and 5 months ago that have heard nothing I interviewed around 7-8 weeks ago and haven't heard back. They are a few people who have interviewed in February who have been waitlisted. So it varies.
Oh. Probably based on skill I guess.