2016-2017 Albert Einstein College of Medicine Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I bet around next Wednesday, they'll release another patch of acceptances.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
i wonder if people who haven't heard back yet will hear back first or if waitlisted applicants will hear back first. admissions is such a mystery

i wonder if people who haven't heard back yet will hear back first or if waitlisted applicants will hear back first. admissions is such a mystery
I'm thinking waitlist first, then ppl who haven't heard back are up for waitlist spots that are turned down. But who knows.

I'm thinking waitlist first, then ppl who haven't heard back are up for waitlist spots that are turned down. But who knows.
It would be the other way around. Waitlist are people who they like but not love enough to instantly accept. The mid January aND onward haven't gotten decision as yet so they might be more inclined to give them a straight acceptance so they will choose them post April 30th.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Yeah, just now, interviewed in early March.

Holy moly. I haven't heard anything yet but back to the constant email checking :(.

The WL this year is likely to be HPWL from previous years, no? If so, you would still have a decent chance of getting in!

Holy moly. I haven't heard anything yet but back to the constant email checking :(.

The WL this year is likely to be HPWL from previous years, no? If so, you would still have a decent chance of getting in!
I have no clue how it works. Eek!

Members don't see this ad :)
Ive received 3 different rejections today. Seemed to be a major day for decisions for schools. Thought Einstein was gonna be one of them but nope....

Did they send you the "Waitlist" email or the "status update" one?
Waitlist. So i think i got the non-high priority email. Although someone previously contacted the admissions office and said there is no difference between the two (and it is one unranked, waitlist for everyone).

Waitlisted here too. Got the "high priority" email though- not sure if that means anything.

Thanks! I ask because I am thinking of being a commuter and travel to school by car so I was wondering in lieu of taxis if there are oppportunities to have help with hospital parking (I know this can get very expensive).

Its my understanding that in order to take advantage of the taxis and shuttles, you have to actually pick them up at the Einstein campus. For instance, if you're rotating at Monte-Wakefield, they won't send a cab to Manhattan to pick you up. You have to take the Wakefield shuttle from in front of the medical school. The same goes for all taxis and shuttles.

It was not my intention to use the taxis at all. I was just wondering if there was vouchers for parking at the hospitals. If anybody knows about this then I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

Its my understanding that in order to take advantage of the taxis and shuttles, you have to actually pick them up at the Einstein campus. For instance, if you're rotating at Monte-Wakefield, they won't send a cab to Manhattan to pick you up. You have to take the Wakefield shuttle from in front of the medical school. The same goes for all taxis and shuttles.

It was not my intention to use the taxis at all. I was just wondering if there was vouchers for parking at the hospitals. If anybody knows about this then I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

For ICM (clinical medicine course for first two years), I vaguely remember an email saying parking expenses, toll fees, etc WOULD be covered for those who choose to drive to sites for which shuttles are not available (as opposed to them ordering a taxi for you). I'm not sure if that condition applies for commuters, though. I imagine they would cover expenses for any site, in that case.
Also not sure if they offer the same for rotations third year but hopefully this is somewhat helpful!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Are there any current Albert Einstein students on this thread? Would it be okay if I PM'd you a few questions I have?

Get ready guys this will be our week. We will hear back.

Reactions: 5 users
Thanks! I ask because I am thinking of being a commuter and travel to school by car so I was wondering in lieu of taxis if there are oppportunities to have help with hospital parking (I know this can get very expensive).
It's $90 a month for parking at einstein which is so cheap.. I'd commute with you and pay half haha

The waitlist email says it wants us to respond directly to is. Is this where people are planning to send their LoI?

Or respond kindly to the email and send the LoI elsewhere?

The waitlist email says it wants us to respond directly to is. Is this where people are planning to send their LoI?

I don't think it would hurt either way. The admissions office can sort it out relatively easily I imagine.

Do you mean letter of interest or letter of intent?

Any one nervous that there are no more straight acceptances...?

Any one nervous that there are no more straight acceptances...?
Nah, that seems too much out of the normal way of doing things. Just think we getting neurotic because of the waiting.

Pics or it didn't happen

I think they might just have forgotten to put the term "high priority" in the Previous "status update" emails, otherwise I would have to pack my bags and go to my state school...

I think they might just have forgotten to put the term "high priority" in the Previous "status update" emails, otherwise I would have to pack my bags and go to my state school...

Agreed, but I'm still curious to see a picture

Does anyone have any waitlist numbers for odds to get off? Im regular waitlisted and I can't check MSAR bc my year subscription ran out.
Thanks

Does anyone have any waitlist numbers for odds to get off? Im regular waitlisted and I can't check MSAR bc my year subscription ran out.
Thanks

Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see waitlist numbers on MSAR. I think those are from USNWR(?) which I am not subscribed to.

Regardless, there are two (internal) waitlists/one official, stratified waitlist, so I don't know how that would be reported. Historically, regular waitlist does not have good odds of being pulled off.

Im not sure if all schools fill it out, but there should be a tab that includes the typical total # of waitlisted applicants and the# they took off the WL last year.

Im not sure if all schools fill it out, but there should be a tab that includes the typical total # of waitlisted applicants and the# they took off the WL last year.
Wow I never saw that haha.

Einstein doesn't have that section filled out on MSAR.