2016-2017 Albert Einstein College of Medicine Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Waiting for AECOM is like...

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-04-18 at 2.01.30 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-04-18 at 2.01.30 PM.png
    794.2 KB · Views: 90
Reactions: 5 users
The office is closed yesterday and today. Awesome.
this is the only time in my life that i wanted spring break to end already-- so the admission office can open back up and we can hopefully hear something back!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Classes starts back tomorrow. So maybe Friday or next week we hear back?

Classes starts back tomorrow. So maybe Friday or next week we hear back?
Fall classes start in August.. maybe we'll all get our initial decisions like 20 minutes before our first anatomy class

Fall classes start in August.. maybe we'll all get our initial decisions like 20 minutes before our first anatomy class
Ha ha I was talking the end of spring break will be tomorrow. So maybe we will hear back Friday because the admin members might take a while to get together.

Ha ha I was talking the end of spring break will be tomorrow. So maybe we will hear back Friday because the admin members might take a while to get together.
I'm anxiously hoping so, but there's no rule that they have to give you an initial acceptance or waitlist decision before May 1st, correct?

I'm anxiously hoping so, but there's no rule that they have to give you an initial acceptance or waitlist decision before May 1st, correct?
Nope you can be waiting until August theoretically. But I won't be I need to hear something soon or I will be pulling the trigger.

Just accepted off the waitlist!!! I received the "Status Update" email back in February. Oh my goodness, I'm shaking

Reactions: 8 users
Just got a confirmation. Officially withdrew, hope it goes to one of you who are waiting!

So they're going to the WL before they do any more outright acceptances for anyone who interviewed in mid Jan or later? What the hell is going on here.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
So they're going to the WL before they do any more outright acceptances for anyone who interviewed in mid Jan or later? What the hell is going on here.
I think they might be considering the WL + everybody after mid Jan.

What do you mean by a confirmation?

Ah, sorry. Didn't realize my post would come off as vague. I was accepted back in February. I sent an withdrawal email last week and I finally got a reply confirming my withdrawal from AECOM. Good luck!

to people who got a status update email asking how you felt about attending einstein, did you ever get a response back after sending a letter of interest/intent?

to people who got a status update email asking how you felt about attending einstein, did you ever get a response back after sending a letter of interest/intent?
I replied to the status update email last week and haven't received any response. When did you send in your letter?

I replied to the status update email last week and haven't received any response. When did you send in your letter?

Was this email following an initial waitlist email or was it the first you had heard anything at all?

Why u no love me AECOM? ?? Where my acceptances at?

Reactions: 2 users
Also it's strange that they do waitlist before straight acceptances once again AECOM surprises me.

Its pretty strange to accept people off the waitlist before even giving any sort of post-interview decision to other people anxiously waiting, whether it be a rejection, waitlist, or acceptance.

Last edited:
Its pretty strange (rude?) to accept people off the waitlist before even giving any sort of post-interview decision to other people anxiously waiting, whether it be a rejection, waitlist, or acceptance.
I wouldn't say rude it's just against what one would think is the common way of doing things. But I'm not a adcom and I don't want to detract from the posters happiness /acceptance by dwelling too much on it. I just want mine to come soon lolz

I agree, I realize there must be some method to this for the adcom: thats why I had the parentheses and question (?) mark. The whole thing just seems odd just like you said, especially with traffic day just 10 days away.

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein

*refreshes email 20 times a day expecting/hoping for an acceptance email from Albert Einstein COM*

Reactions: 4 users
My theory is that they ranked each applicant and put us in line. Once there is a vacancy, the one in the front got pulled off. Kinda like going to the public bathroom

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

My theory is that they ranked each applicant and put us in line. Once there is a vacancy, the one in the front got pulled off. Kinda like going to the public bathroom

I wonder how many people are going to brown their pants before they get an answer? lol.

Then waitlist the rest of us to let us know we are in a line.

Still waiting on my post-interview decision on 4/20 got me all like..

tumblr_nzd6dt4bHQ1upbn1no1_1280.jpeg

After all that post interview waiting they just rejected me outright. Pretty heartbroken..

Is there any correlation between how someone thinks an interview went and school's decision?

Is there any correlation between how someone thinks an interview went and school's decision?

I thought mine went pretty well. My interviewer and I got along well, suggesting to me at least that it was a matter of fit.

I thought mine went pretty well. My interviewer and I got along well, suggesting to me at least that it was a matter of fit.
My interview was horrible. Interviewer attempted to cut me off multiples times throughout the interview, rushed to the end of it, and was visibly put off when I told her that the company I work for outsources labor.

Then again, my Rochester interview could not have gone better in my eyes and I ended up waitlisted.

I interviewed early February. Has anyone from early February received the update status email or been accepted?

There's probably a correlation but I know people here that had terrible interviews and got in. You never know for sure.