2016-2017 Albert Einstein College of Medicine Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any waitlist movement since traffic day?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

2ab01717e1063daefd12dec4804ea83f_waiting-meme-gallery-waiting-memes_625-625.jpe

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Just accepted off the waitlist!

Reactions: 2 users
Did you send LOI's or call admissions at all? I am very eager to get off the wait list. Also, were you hpwl?
No explicit wording said hpwl. No letters of intent or calls. I responded to the waitlist email with great interest, though.

No explicit wording said hpwl. No letters of intent or calls. I responded to the waitlist email with great interest, though.
so just to confirm, the email said you were in the "wait list" category?

Members don't see this ad :)
Was everyone who was accepted today previously waitlsited? Did anyone receive a post-interview decision acceptance?

Oh my god! Just accepted an hour ago. I am freaking out and beyond ecstatic.

Accepted to today.

Was waitlisted April 7. Interviewed march 10. Didn't send any letters or updates at all.

Feeling kind of conflicted right now because I was going to go to Loyola since it was the best school I got into and my girlfriend lives in Chicago but now I'm not sure which one to do. Feeling lost right now
PM me if you want advice on long distance

Accepted to today.

Was waitlisted April 7. Interviewed march 10. Didn't send any letters or updates at all.

Feeling kind of conflicted right now because I was going to go to Loyola since it was the best school I got into and my girlfriend lives in Chicago but now I'm not sure which one to do. Feeling lost right now

Got in off waitlist from February!

Congrats to both of you! Were you regular waitlist, or HPWL?

Accepted off HPWL today! Interviewed April 7, HPWL last Thursday (5/4) and sent a strong letter of intent over the weekend. Could not be happier.

Accepted to today.

Same boat here. Between AE and Loyola. I got the email while I was apartment hunting in Chicago.

Also accepted this morning off the HPWL!!! I interviewed late March and was wait listed on May 4. I ended up sending a couple letters of interest this week for anyone wondering.

dam, hope there is more movement... still on the waitlist
I feel like if any more acceptances were to come they'd be trickling in one by one instead of batches from now and on...

Last edited:
Question to people who were just accepted: how many days were you given to accept the offer?

HPWL -> Accepted!

yeah-baby-austin-powers.jpg

Question to people who were just accepted: how many days were you given to accept the offer?
5 days. This is also listed on their website if you want specific date ranges. Later on you only get 2 days.

Reactions: 1 users
Guys, it turns out that our previous assumption about the "status update"email was right--it is indeed "hpwl" only without saying so! Buckle up February waitlisters, the movement gonna be fast!

Guys, it turns out that our previous assumption about the "status update"email was right--it is indeed "hpwl" only without saying so! Buckle up February waitlisters, the movement gonna be fast!
I certainly hope so. Congrats to everyone who got off the WL!

Feb HPWL, or regular?

hey, for people who got accepted and completed the certiphi previously for another school: do you have to log in to certiphi to do something or is it sent over automatically?

Im over here waiting a post-interview decision still...Interviewed early Feb. Anyone else in the same boat?

Feb HPWL, or regular?
They didn't explicitly say if it's hpwl or regular back in Feb, only "status update" or "waitlist" in the subject line, and a subtle difference in wording...

hey, for people who got accepted and completed the certiphi previously for another school: do you have to log in to certiphi to do something or is it sent over automatically?
I assume it will be sent automatically, but I've sent an email to Ms. Sweeney asking about this, will keep you updated...

Also accepted this morning off the HPWL!!! I interviewed late March and was wait listed on May 4. I ended up sending a couple letters of interest this week for anyone wondering.

Congratulations! You sent multiple LOI's in one week? I want to know the right balance, so that I don't overwhelm them. I am very eager to get off the wait list!

Well, I don't think I will be accepting the offer here. Might be dumb because I have no idea what the financial aid will be but I had a better fit with another school so screw it! Hope one of you gets my seat!

Reactions: 1 users
Well, I don't think I will be accepting the offer here. Might be dumb because I have no idea what the financial aid will be but I had a better fit with another school so screw it! Hope one of you gets my seat!
Willing to share which school? I'm pretty much dead set on this one, so I'm curious as to what could not fit you about this place! /bias

Thank you for letting us know! Gives me hope to know that more spots are opening. This school is my top choice, so I am praying/hoping to get in! Any tips on what to do besides sending another LOI?

3.81 gpa, 3.87 sgpa, 516 mcat, bench&clincial research participation

Guys, make sure you check with the admission if they received your CBC report. My was released back in April but the dean said she couldn't find it. I called Certiphi and they said if the report wasn't released automatically, the schools requiring it must contact them directly. There is only a short period of time for the schools to collect the forms so just make sure everything works out smoothly. GL everyone!

Is Einstein receptive to calls from reapplicants asking what they can improve on for the next cycle? I know there are some schools that explicitly tell you that they won't answer those questions.

Guys, make sure you check with the admission if they received your CBC report. My was released back in April but the dean said she couldn't find it. I called Certiphi and they said if the report wasn't released automatically, the schools requiring it must contact them directly. There is only a short period of time for the schools to collect the forms so just make sure everything works out smoothly. GL everyone!
How did that topic come up? Did the office ask you about the criminal background check?