2016-2017 Albert Einstein College of Medicine Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How did that topic come up? Did the office ask you about the criminal background check?

It's one of the 3 forms you have to complete post acceptance along with 2 other forms & deposit.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone else admitted yesterday not receive the Certiphi background check email? The website says we should have gotten it on the day of acceptance. Wondering if its worth a call to admissions or if I should just wait.

Anyone else admitted yesterday not receive the Certiphi background check email? The website says we should have gotten it on the day of acceptance. Wondering if its worth a call to admissions or if I should just wait.
Did you fill it a while ago? I filled it back in January.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, 25k scholarship so this decision just got much harder haha...

Well, 25k scholarship so this decision just got much harder haha...
Nice work. Was the email specifically about the scholarship or did it have to do with other financial aid stuff as well?

How are currently-accepted students figuring out housing/roommate situations? Just via the housing form, or through some more specific means?

Is there any way to confirm that all our acceptance stuff is in so we don't lose our seat in a few days?

Anyone else not get the Certiphi link for the background check? Acceptance email says we should get an email from Certiphi on the same day of the acceptance....

Hey all - I'm applying here this cycle and had a quick question: for the "Is there anything at all that you would like to share with the Committee on Admissions that might not be apparent from your AMCAS application or from you Secondary Application" question, should I explain my bad first 2 quarters in undergrad (C+ and B- in gen chem) and my bad first MCAT (505 to 517)?

Members don't see this ad :)
hey, for people who got accepted and completed the certiphi previously for another school: do you have to log in to certiphi to do something or is it sent over automatically?
I got accepted May 10 as well, and completed Certiphi back in March for Downstate. I called Einstein today, they say my report is "complete, but not released", which is weird because downstate was able to get my report. Has Einstein been able to receive your Certiphi report yet? Or have you received any emails from Certiphi? Thanks!

Just accepted off waitlist. Does anyone know if we have to submit the financial aid questionnaire and tax info to be considered for scholarships? Or is it only for grants? I'm out of the country and don't have access to my tax documents but could still submit the questionairre.

Just accepted off waitlist. Does anyone know if we have to submit the financial aid questionnaire and tax info to be considered for scholarships? Or is it only for grants? I'm out of the country and don't have access to my tax documents but could still submit the questionairre.
congrats! regular or HPWL?

I got accepted May 10 as well, and completed Certiphi back in March for Downstate. I called Einstein today, they say my report is "complete, but not released", which is weird because downstate was able to get my report. Has Einstein been able to receive your Certiphi report yet? Or have you received any emails from Certiphi? Thanks!
Well this is very concerning. I'm in a similar position, but have not contacted them about it yet.

Well this is very concerning. I'm in a similar position, but have not contacted them about it yet.

You haven't received the email for the Certiphi consent form either right? Are we gonna be counted as late if we don't receive it in 5 business days (by May 16)?

Have you guys received the acceptance letter in the mail?

What does a typical day look like for first year students? Is it like lectures in the morning and study time in the afternoon?

How many of you guys are dead set for Einstein?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I am! But I'm still on the wait list :inpain: hoping to make it off!

For all those who received acceptances off the wait list, congrats! And, are any of you planning on withdrawing your acceptance?

Reactions: 3 users
I am! But I'm still on the wait list :inpain: hoping to make it off!

For all those who received acceptances off the wait list, congrats! And, are any of you planning on withdrawing your acceptance?

Good luck! Hope to see you in August!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Does everyone receive a "still interested" email?
Did you ever send them a letter of interest/intent? Have you been updating them? I did not receive the "still interested" email, and I am wondering if that's because I sent my most recent LOI less than a week ago.

about an hour ago!
Did you ever send them a letter of interest/intent? Have you been updating them? I did not receive the "still interested" email, and I am wondering if that's because I sent my most recent LOI less than a week ago.
I did not receive it either and i sent an LOI last week. Though, I have also not yet received a post-interview decision yet.