2016-2017 Albert Einstein College of Medicine Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
If anyone has received an offer for the ASMNY post bacc program or knows anything about it please pm me if you dont mind!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know how long this school offers for step 1 dedicated study time?

8 weeks. It's more than enough time - some of my classmates already took Step and are traveling now. Not sure if you are asking because you consider this a factor that will impact your decision to matriculate. It should not be, since Step is largely a reflection of the student over two years, not the school, and def not the amount of dedicated time.

8 weeks. It's more than enough time - some of my classmates already took Step and are traveling now. Not sure if you are asking because you consider this a factor that will impact your decision to matriculate. It should not be, since Step is largely a reflection of the student over two years, not the school, and def not the amount of dedicated time.
Thanks. And don't worry my future is sealed as an Einstein student. Just curious about small details now.

Received a still interested email 1 hour ago, on the regular waitlist since Feb

Reactions: 1 user

did you write a letter of interest or a letter of intent after being placed on the waitlist?
i feel like you'll be hearing good news soon. congrats!

Ahh I'm so happy they're getting to the regular waitlist! I'm on it too, and you just reignited my hope!!!

Have you written a LOI recently? I'm hoping the reason I didn't get the "are you still interested" email is because I wrote them a LOI within the past couple of weeks.

did you write a letter of interest or a letter of intent after being placed on the waitlist?
i feel like you'll be hearing good news soon. congrats!

Ahh I'm so happy they're getting to the regular waitlist! I'm on it too, and you just reignited my hope!!!

Have you written a LOI recently? I'm hoping the reason I didn't get the "are you still interested" email is because I wrote them a LOI within the past couple of weeks.

Sorry for the late response, currently overseas! I have sent in a few letter of interests and update, spanning from January to May, but I did not send in a letter of intent. Hope you guys hear something from them soon too, Einstein has been such a whirlwind!

Sorry for the late response, currently overseas! I have sent in a few letter of interests and update, spanning from January to May, but I did not send in a letter of intent. Hope you guys hear something from them soon too, Einstein has been such a whirlwind!

Is Einstein not your top choice then? When was your most recent letter of interest? Within the last couple of weeks?

Members don't see this ad :)
With great sadness I'll be withdrawing. I hope someone will hear back soon off the waitlist.

With great sadness I'll be withdrawing. I hope someone will hear back soon off the waitlist.

Thank you very much for posting this. And thanks to all of you who take the time to post updates about receiving acceptances/emails asking about interest/etc. It really helps me remain optimistic about getting accepted from the waitlist.

And congratulations! Do you mind posting where you'll be matriculating?

I do hope I get your spot :D Any tips?

I'm not sure I can provide any tips per se as I was not on einstein waitlist and was a direct accept. But I will say for people who have to make a decision that it is an excellent school where the students are really awesome and passionate about activism and social justice.

I will PM you since you asked about where I ended up.
Thank you very much for posting this. And thanks to all of you who take the time to post updates about receiving acceptances/emails asking about interest/etc. It really helps me remain optimistic about getting accepted from the waitlist.

And congratulations! Do you mind posting where you'll be matriculating?

I do hope I get your spot :D Any tips?

I'm not sure I can provide any tips per se as I was not on einstein waitlist and was a direct accept. But I will say for people who have to make a decision that it is an excellent school where the students are really awesome and passionate about activism and social justice.

I will PM you since you asked about where I ended up.
Thank you

Also declined the acceptance I had received here! I had sent in a letter of interest and a couple updates. No letter of intent though. Best of luck to you all!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Thank you for sharing! My hope keeps increasing!

Do you mind sharing where you'll be matriculating? Also, any tips you have for getting off the waitlist?
Also declined the acceptance I had received here! I had sent in a letter of interest and a couple updates. No letter of intent though. Best of luck to you all!

Thank you for sharing! My hope keeps increasing!

Do you mind sharing where you'll be matriculating? Also, any tips you have for getting off the waitlist?

I would try to show continued interest! That's the best tip I can give you. I'll pm you about where I'm matriculating

Just accepted off the HPWL. Interviewed march 10th and waitlisted late April

Just accepted off the HPWL. Interviewed march 10th and waitlisted late April
Congratulations!

Also, I'm a bit confused. Have they finished with the hpwl and moved on to reviewing the regular waitlist? Or do they review them both concurrently?

Just accepted off the regular waitlist!!

Reactions: 3 users
Did anybody receive their Einstein email's/usernames yet?

Housing questions:

Is it likely that a student will get on campus housing assuming they're single and 1st year?
Odds of the same student scoring a parking spot?

Housing questions:

Is it likely that a student will get on campus housing assuming they're single and 1st year?

I've never heard of a student having trouble with either one

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Current 4th year here at Einstein. I was browsing this forum from procrastinating and figured I'd answer some questions.

Anyone know how long this school offers for step 1 dedicated study time?
It is usually 6 weeks from end of April until 1st week of June. People take around 5 weeks for dedicated and the last week is for vacation.

Is housing completely unfurnished? No beds or furniture? I have to bring everything myself?
The apartments come with nothing except for a fridge and lights in the shared spaces (living room, kitchen, bathroom). Everything else (including lights for individual rooms) you will need to provide yourself.

Has anyone tried just emailing the housing form to housing or has everyone actually mailed them?
Housing here is notoriously slow. Don't expect to hear anything until the week before you matriculate, especially if you got accepted late in the cycle. I got accepted in mid-July off the waitlist and didn't hear about my actual apartment assignment until the day before orientation.

Oh god so I have to buy an entire furniture set.

Think going to ikea and buying a bed, desk, and chair is a bad idea?
There is a facebook group called the Einstein MarketPlace where current 4th years are selling their furniture and you can get some good deals there.

Anyone know if the rooms have wifi only or if they also have ethernet?

Also, is the "bone box" real?
You get a wireless router per apartment. It is included in your rent.

Housing questions:

Yes, you are guaranteed on campus housing.

Reactions: 1 users
Any applicants who were accepted this past Friday not accepting the offer?

Also, what're the chances of more acceptances going out on Friday if the school is closed today, Monday (Memorial Day) and Wednesday, Thursday (holiday -Shevuot)?

Current 4th year here at Einstein. I was browsing this forum from procrastinating and figured I'd answer some questions.

I wanted to ask you or any other current students if they knew anything about the AMSNY post bacc program at Buffalo from someone who had done it and matriculated at Einstein.

Thank you!

Is Einstein's curriculum systems-based?

I think for the Class of 2022 it will be. Class of 2021 (this cycle's entering class) is the last year of traditional curriculum, according to what M1s told me during Second Look.

What're the chances of acceptances going out today if the school was closed most of the week (Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday)? I want to schedule when to get my hopes up and hold my breath ;)

I will be withdrawing my acceptance as I was recently offered a scholarship at my state school. Best of luck to those on the waitlist.

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone know if we get an Einstein email account? Amazon prime wants it for the discount.....

Anyone know where we can get more info about home residency programs? The Montefiore is great but doesn't shed all the light I would want on each program like how many residents it takes and how many are from Einstein itself.

Do individual residency programs ever release their step 1 average?