2016-2017 Baylor College of Medicine Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone know how Baylor views MCAT retakes?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm really new to SDN but I found this thread and wanted to ask a question. Is it too late in the year to submit the supplemental?

Members don't see this ad :)
Interview day went really well and smoothly! Baylor is totally my top choice. Does anyone know the general pattern of acceptance offers? One of the Deans mentioned that they were going to start near Thanksgiving time this year.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Read previous threads and it seems like this school becomes merciful to the ~70 LizzyMers around February for interviews. Here's hope :(

Reactions: 3 users
Interview day went really well and smoothly! Baylor is totally my top choice. Does anyone know the general pattern of interview offers? One of the Deans mentioned that they were going to start near Thanksgiving time this year.
Did you mean acceptance offers?

Does anyone know how many more interview dates Baylor has left?

Does anyone know how many more interview dates Baylor has left?

Not including this Friday, 5. 12/2, 1/6, 1/13, 1/27, 2/3. Seems like II for 12/2 have already come out.

Did everyone get this update? Kinda ambiguous and concerning haha.
"Your current application status is not supported by the File Completion/Status Check function. You may email the Admissions Office at [email protected] for further information."

Did everyone get this update? Kinda ambiguous and concerning haha.
"Your current application status is not supported by the File Completion/Status Check function. You may email the Admissions Office at [email protected] for further information."

Nope. Mine still has the old status. IIRC a few years back a "not supported" status meant an acceptance call was coming. Let us know if you hear anything!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Nope. Mine still has the old status. IIRC a few years back a "not supported" status meant an acceptance call was coming. Let us know if you hear anything!
Ugh don't get my hopes up dude lol. Probably still have a while before we hear anything

Ugh don't get my hopes up dude lol. Probably still have a while before we hear anything

I mean they did say mid-November, right? Maybe not this week but I would be surprised if acceptances didn't start trickling out by next week.

ooh where did you read this? was this in last

EDIT: just saw the few years back part...so was this not something that happened last year?

Last edited:
ooh where did you read this? was this in last

EDIT: just saw the few years back part...so was this not something that happened last year?

I don't remember which of the threads exactly. It might have been in last years as well. You can search through them and check!

Any update today?

I have the status change too. Time to obsessively stare at my phone! I don't want to get my hopes up though. Ahh

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I have the status change too. Time to obsessively stare at my phone! I don't want to get my hopes up though. Ahh

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Has the status change been around for a while for you or did it just appear yesterday for the first time?

Ahhh, if they're gonna call I hope they call before the end of the day. I have an interview tomorrow I'd be able to cancel!

Maybe they'll call a week after the status change just like they sent the II a week after the bullet point status change.

Ahhh, if they're gonna call I hope they call before the end of the day. I have an interview tomorrow I'd be able to cancel!

Maybe they'll call a week after the status change just like they sent the II a week after the bullet point status change.
Going through previous threads it seems like most people got the phone call a day or two after the status change. That's why I was wondering if anybody on here that noticed the status change had been obsessively checking their status daily and noticed which day the status change occurred exactly...
Also, I have seen instances of people getting the phone call without the status change but everyone who noticed a status change got a phone call...

Going through previous threads it seems like most people got the phone call a day or two after the status change. That's why I was wondering if anybody on here that noticed the status change had been obsessively checking their status daily and noticed which day the status change occurred exactly...
Also, I have seen instances of people getting the phone call without the status change but everyone who noticed a status change for a phone call...
I checked the portal on Tuesday I think and it hadn't changed. I'm pretty sure yesterday is when it changed to the "not supported" status.

Caved in and called them. The lady said my app is still under review and that acceptances will start going out next week! Here's to a week of coming good news!

Reactions: 2 users
Caved in and called them. The lady said my app is still under review and that acceptances will start going out next week! Here's to a week of coming good news!
yay! did she say when next week?

EDIT: also this status change isnt one of those that everyone has gotten right?

yay! did she say when next week?

EDIT: also this status change isnt one of those that everyone has gotten right?
She said "as early as next week".
I don't think everyone got this change, per the previous posts.

Did anyone's status change from Status not supported back to this:

Your application is complete and is being reviewed by the committee.
All further correspondence will be via email.
If your email address changes; please contact the Admissions Office at 713-798-4842 to update.

Please email the Admissions Office if you have any questions.

this is so nerve wracking!!

Last edited:
Did anyone's status change from Status not supported back to this:

Your application is complete and is being reviewed by the committee.
All further correspondence will be via email.
If your email address changes; please contact the Admissions Office at 713-798-4842 to update.

Please email the Admissions Office if you have any questions.

ugh this is so nerve wracking!!
+1. Maybe they changed it back because they saw that we noticed....

+1. Maybe they changed it back because they saw that we noticed....
i was worried at first it was just me it changed for lol...
yeah they've probably been getting a lot of calls or emails about it!

Anyone mind posting when they hear back? The suspense is gettin' to me here.

o-PHONE-ADDICT-facebook.jpg
me right now

Reactions: 5 users
Do you think only people who got the weird status change are accepted????

well yeah but like are we thinking those who got the weird status change will be the ones getting called soon?

That's my thought. But we will see for sure soon. I believe the majority of acceptances go out around February anyway so silence this week is not a death sentence at all.

For us non-Texas residents, do the phenomena known as pre-match or match day affect our timing at all?

And Skittsie13, February eh? Interesting- thanks for the heads up there.

For us non-Texas residents, do the phenomena known as pre-match or match day affect our timing at all?

And Skittsie13, February eh? Interesting- thanks for the heads up there.
Prematch and match are ONLY for the tmdsas schools. Baylor is not a tmdsas school.

well yeah but like are we thinking those who got the weird status change will be the ones getting called soon?
Don't be ridiculous... You will get a call or you won't. Anything else is just noise.

Just curious, what are your personal GPA ranges for those of you applying? I am interested in applying to Baylor in the future... O_O

Don't be ridiculous... You will get a call or you won't. Anything else is just noise.
I don't think that anybody taking note of the status changes is being ridiculous. Status changes have been indicative of II's and acceptances in the past and there is no reason to believe that they won't be this cycle also. However, constantly obsessing over the current status of your application will not do anything to change whether you are going to get in or not.

I don't think that anybody taking note of the status changes is being ridiculous. Status changes have been indicative of II's and acceptances in the past and there is no reason to believe that they won't be this cycle also. However, constantly obsessing over the current status of your application will not do anything to change whether you are going to get in or not.
true & thanks for the perspective!!