2016-2017 East Carolina University (Brody) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted yesterday !!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Welp, at this point I'm 20 weeks post-interview and quickly approaching 5 months post-interview. At this point I be like:

Image.gif

So I went back through threads for previous years to see when all final decisions (and waitlist offers) went out. Here's what I found:

2016- April 15
2015- March 26
2014- April 3
2013- March 12

Any guesses on when they'll wrap up this year? I really would love to know because then I'll know how much longer I have to wait at max before I hear something. I know I still could be outright accepted or rejected, but I'm assuming the fact that I've held on this long without being rejected but still not accepted means my chances of being waitlisted are pretty high.

Waitlist email just now

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 1 user
Waitlisted as well but I won't be accepting a position. Good luck guys :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Are you able to fit your AMCAS ID on the form? Mine keeps cutting off.

I don't have access to a computer right now and don't think it will work on my phone. I'll let you know as soon as I can access it

EDIT: nvm just saw your reply

Interviewed in September, just waitlisted. Will not be accepting position on waitlist

Anyone still have access to MSAR and want to lookup waitlist stats for us?

Anyone still have access to MSAR and want to lookup waitlist stats for us?

MSAR: 50-60 placed on the waitlist, 12 accepted

Also waitlisted today and gave up my spot. Best of luck to the rest of you! :)

Accepted a while back but just gave up my spot. Hopefully opening up for one of you waitlisters looking forward to an acceptance!

Just gave up my acceptance. I will be hoping that it goes to one of you!! :)

withdrew my acceptance - best of luck to all of you! such an incredible school!

Reactions: 1 users
As of March 28, 2017 we have .....
  • Received 1008 AMCAS applications (final count)
  • Received 930 Supplementary applications (final count)
  • Interviewed 429 applicants (final count)
  • Made 95 offers
    (Generally it takes 120-135 offers to fill a class)

As of March 28, 2017 we have .....
  • Made 95 offers

Well that seems odd. We know that a few people have given up their acceptances since then. I would have thought they would have already been pulling people off the waitlist by now. I guess that's good news? Lol. I'm sure people would love to know they are accepted in time to go to Second Look this weekend.

Well that seems odd. We know that a few people have given up their acceptances since then. I would have thought they would have already been pulling people off the waitlist by now. I guess that's good news? Lol. I'm sure people would love to know they are accepted in time to go to Second Look this weekend.

So they have not given out any offers in the last 13 days, that's good news

I was accepted off of the waitlist today. However, I plan on giving up my offer. So, I'm sure they are beginning to move people around.

Best of luck to the rest of you waiting to hear some good news!

Last edited:
I got in!!!!!!!!! Ahhhh!!!!!!!

Got the email this afternoon. My day has been so on-the-go since then that I hadn't been able to post!

I'm so thrilled!!! I heart Brody!!!:biglove:

Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone know when we will hear about financial aid?

As of April 1, 2017 we have .....
  • Made 100 offers

Does anyone know when we will hear about financial aid?

If you don't get it in a reasonable amount of time give Deana Summerlin a call, number should be on the accepted student page. Mine never came through for some reason and she just gave me the info on the phone when I ended up calling her weeks later

Edit: fixed name error

Last edited:
If you don't get it in a reasonable amount of time give Ms. Fenton a call, number should be on the accepted student page. Mine never came through for some reason and she just gave me the info on the phone when I ended up calling her weeks later
Thanks! I was accepted ~2 mos ago, so I'll give it some more time and then give her a call if nothing comes through

FYI, anyone who is still waiting on financial aid, I spoke with Deana Summerlin today and she said that aid info should be available next Monday. We should receive an email to our ECU address and our personal address once it is available.

Hi everyone! (longtime lurker here/first time poster)

Just wanted to say I got accepted off the waitlist last week so it's still moving! Can't wait to be your classmate in the fall:)

Have those accepted had any communication from the school at your new student email address? Or even on your email listed with AMCAS? Just want to make sure I'm not missing anything. Thanks!

Have those accepted had any communication from the school at your new student email address? Or even on your email listed with AMCAS? Just want to make sure I'm not missing anything. Thanks!
Only thing I've received since my acceptance is the financial aid email (came to my AMCAS address today). Only emails in my student address are random things from the IT dept.

As of April 15, 2017 we have .....
  • Made 101 offers

Hi everyone!
LONG time lurker, first time poster.
I'm also waitlisted at Brody. I'm actually a re-applicant who was also waitlisted last year (so the wait has been extra long :/ )
Has anybody heard of any recent waitlist activity?

Hi everyone!
I'm also waitlisted at Brody. I'm actually a re-applicant who was also waitlisted last year (so the wait has been extra long :/ )
I was accepted 3 days ago, LizzyM ~68, first-time applicant. Good luck to you all still waiting and can't wait to meet everyone soon :)

Hi everyone!

Welcome to the thread. Pulling for you!

As of May 1, 2017 we have .....
  • Made 115 offers

well that was a big jump...

Well I got accepted off the waitlist on Friday! Accepted my seat today. Can't wait to start in the fall!

Reactions: 3 users
Hey everyone, I have made a decision to give up my seat at Brody. I hope one of you get it, I know that waiting is incredibly agonizing.

Good luck to you all, you'll make incredible physicians

Reactions: 3 users
Hey everyone, I have made a decision to give up my seat at Brody. I hope one of you get it, I know that waiting is incredibly agonizing.

Good luck to you all, you'll make incredible physicians

OMG I RECEIVED MY ACCEPTANCE EMAIL FROM ECU 3.5 HOURS AFTER YOU POSTED THAT NOTE!! IF I GOT ACCEPTED BECAUSE YOU GAVE UP YOUR SEAT, THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH!!!

I am unbelievable ecstatic that I got accepted to Brody and am looking forward to attending it in the fall! Good luck to you and your future endeavors!

Congratulations, it's a phenomenal medical school. It was really hard to give up my seat, but it is certainly worthwhile when I see my decision having a (potential) impact on someone else

Accepted off the WL last week! So excited to meet all of y'all in a month!!