2016-2017 Jefferson Medical College Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yes, this is true. Will not be going into further details out of respect for her. She was a fantastic admissions dean and gave so many students a chance when no one else would.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using SDN mobile
Oh no! She was so helpful and kind this past year. I'm sorry to hear...

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
The dean of admissions, I'm pretty sure her email is available on the admissions website because that is the only way I would have found it.

What kind of response did you (and anyone else) receive from Dr. Callahan to your update email? and how long after you sent your update email did you receive the II? (if you don't mind my asking!)

Members don't see this ad :)
What kind of response did you (and anyone else) receive from Dr. Callahan to your update email? and how long after you sent your update email did you receive the II? (if you don't mind my asking!)

I received a two sentence email from Dr. Brooks less than 20 mins after I sent her an email back in December, and I had my mailing address changed within a couple of hours after I emailed the admission's department around the same time. I assume that means that they are actively checking. Still decision pending though.

Just got the call, accepted!!

Reactions: 4 users
Also shoutout to all accepted students, whether you're on the fence or have already drunken the Jeff Kool-Aid, feel free to reach out to me with any questions (any and all questions welcome)! I'm a fourth year with loads of time to kill. I interviewed many applicants back in first and second year and was also a tour guide. Heavily involved in JeffHOPE. Am also open to grabbing a drink if you're in the Philly area starting in March.

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted today! Holy hell I couldn't get a coherent sentence together I was so happy.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 4 users
Accepted today! Holy hell I couldn't get a coherent sentence together I was so happy.

Exactly how I felt lol I said thank you to Dr. Callahan like 50 times

Members don't see this ad :)
I have just withdrew my application to Jeff as I have been accepted elsewhere, I hope this II goes to one of you waiting!!!

Reactions: 9 users

I first emailed her in mid December with an update/letter of interest and she thanked me, replied the next day, but no change in my status. I emailed her again last Thursday about my travel as well as an update. She replied Monday asking if I could come the 15 to interview.

II just now, complete early September! LizzyM 69!!

Back in December I was nearly in tears b/c no interview invites, but now I am sitting on five in the span of 6 weeks or so. Y'all stay strong. Every II I have received came after I personally emailed all the deans with a letter of interest/update. :soexcited::clap::rofl::rofl:

similar situation (silence from schools), I msged you for some tips.. hope to hear back from you!

any late September completed folks getting some II love?

Anyone have any tips for the interview here? Is there any health care policy or ethics questions?

Anyone have any tips for the interview here? Is there any health care policy or ethics questions?

Like everyone says, be yourself. Both the student and faculty interviews are really chill, and everyone is so nice. Just relax, and as long as you maintain proper interview etiquette (dress professionally, make eye contact, speak loudly, good posture, etc.) you'll be just fine. Personally, I haven't heard anyone mention a health policy or ethics question. The interviewer is simply trying to get to know you and see if you would be a good fit at the school.

I sent an email expressing interest to Dr. Callahan last night. She replied this morning thanking me. I checked my portal but no change yet. Here's to hoping that reaching out actually helps!

Anyone complete since July still waiting?

Reactions: 7 users
There are upwards of 10,000 applicants to Jefferson annually. I am sure there are people complete from every month still waiting.

False. I heard everyone from Septober has already been accepted.

Reactions: 3 users
False. I heard everyone from Septober has already been accepted.
If you don't get in this cycle, I'm stuffing you into my suitcase and taking you with me.

Reactions: 2 users
If you don't get in this cycle, I'm stuffing you into my suitcase and taking you with me.

Sure, but only if you don't mind a little extra baggage.

SEE WHAT I DID THERE?

suitcase...baggage

How does Jefferson view Dad jokes?
Well I guess I understood it but....well....let's just say I might have to leave your humor at the airport and stuff the rest of you in the suitcase when we leave.

Got the call the other day, anyone know what forms of payment are accepted for the deposit? (cash, check, money order, etc)

Do people only send updates to the Dean? I've been sending updates to the regular admissions email and I'm stilling waiting to hear about any kind of decision

I first emailed her in mid December with an update/letter of interest and she thanked me, replied the next day, but no change in my status. I emailed her again last Thursday about my travel as well as an update. She replied Monday asking if I could come the 15 to interview.

just sent you a direct message about this, hope you don't mind!

Do people only send updates to the Dean? I've been sending updates to the regular admissions email and I'm stilling waiting to hear about any kind of decision

I think you can do either. For me, I wanted to make sure she saw it because of my limited availability to interview as I am currently working abroad.

I think if you are going to email her, make sure it's really personal, not just a general update. Mine was practically a love letter to Jeff.

I emailed the standard admissions email account, but addressed the letter to Dr. Callahan, who later responded from her personal email account letting me know that she received my update letter and that they were hoping to discuss my application soon. (This was post-interview)

Has anyone been accepted off of the high priority waitlist yet? I searched the thread and couldn't seem to find anyone. Thanks!

Hey all. I interviewed in November, haven't heard back about my decision yet. I sent an update letter 1-2 weeks ago but still ... nothing. I loved my interview day so I'm hoping to hear back soon! Should I just sit tight as of now? Thanks in advance for the advice!

Does anyone know how often Jefferson releases results? Is it like once a month at the end of a 4-week cycle or is it always a set amount of weeks after each interview?

Hey all. I interviewed in November, haven't heard back about my decision yet. I sent an update letter 1-2 weeks ago but still ... nothing. I loved my interview day so I'm hoping to hear back soon! Should I just sit tight as of now? Thanks in advance for the advice!

When I was interviewing this week they said there is no way you should not here back within 1 month. I would call for sure!

We try not to keep people waiting for more than five weeks post-interview for a decision. Sometimes a faculty interviewer cannot make the meeting for an extended period of time. This happens rarely. I would give the admissions office a call and politely inquire. Typically a decision will be relayed to you the week that it is made.

Does anyone know how often Jefferson releases results? Is it like once a month at the end of a 4-week cycle or is it always a set amount of weeks after each interview?
Results are released weekly on Wednesday/Thursday.

So has anyone sent in an update letter post-interview to the SKMC general admissions email and never received a confirmation? Cause how am I suppose to know if they received it or not? :confused:

So has anyone sent in an update letter post-interview to the SKMC general admissions email and never received a confirmation? Cause how am I suppose to know if they received it or not? :confused:

You should have gotten an auto reply pretty quickly: "If you are an applicant, please accept this email as "confirmation" we received your update and it will be added to your file."

Yes! It says on their website they send them out until April

Reactions: 2 users