2016-2017 Jefferson Medical College Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
OOS, Lizzy M - 75, GPA - 3.88. What really helped me click with my interviewer though was my passion for community outreach. I think it just meshed well with the school's mission.

I'm sure it has nothing to do with the extremely high MCAT and GPA

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 11 users
if we didn't get our interviewer's email address, should we call the admissions office and ask for it?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone with an upcoming interview mind sharing what dates are available?
It's basically every wednesday from now until early April, excluding the Wednesday of 3/8

if we didn't get our interviewer's email address, should we call the admissions office and ask for it?
You can, but they don't list faculty interviewer's emails for a reason. If the faculty member didn't give you their card, just send a thank you letter to the office instead. Unless you're not sending a thank you letter, in which case I would say call the office.

Reactions: 1 users
NOoooooooo....
To be or not to be
Guess they chose not to be
No interview invite
Bye!Bye! Jeffie

The DecisionPendingCrew is all going to interview on the same day and wear matching hats

Reactions: 19 users
Maybe but Im honestly convinced that stats don't matter very much once you get the interview

I'd disagree.

The GPA/MCAT playing field isn't leveled after the interview. It is still the primary component of evaluation. Someone with a 62 LizzyM and a fantastic interview isn't going to automatically jump someone with a 75 and sub par.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'd disagree.

The GPA/MCAT playing field isn't leveled after the interview. It is still the primary component of evaluation. Someone with a 62 LizzyM and a fantastic interview isn't going to automatically jump someone with a 75 and sub par.
I slightly disagree. Att Jefferson if you get an interview, they have moved on past your stats and want to see if you would be a good fit.

If the person with a 62 LizzyM score got an interview, there's a reason for that and honestly if the student interviewer and faculty interviewer think that they would be a better fit for the community here at Jefferson than the kid who got a 75 then they take him. If you have great grades but can't make eye contact that's a problem. Generally by getting an interview they say "ok, they're qualified enough to pass med school-now do we think they would be a good fit". If they have questions about something on your app, they don't give you an interview and then ask you once you here-the office would just call them up and say "hey, can we ask you about this?" Happens all the time.

Your application as a whole is the primary component of your evaluation, and for someone who really fits a school's mission they often like that (even with lower scores) than someone with great scores but doesn't really jive with the school.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
upload_2017-3-1_12-57-29.png

Reactions: 26 users
I think they only do interviews once a week, so interviewing into March would make sense

Meeting is 12-2 hopefully hear something soon, fingers crossed!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

HPWL, interviewed 2/15. Crushed doesn't even begin to describe it

+1

Sorry guys apparently there is a lot of waitlist movement though!

Got the call from dr Callahan this morning with an acceptance. Will more than likely be attending here next year!

Reactions: 2 users
Sorry guys apparently there is a lot of waitlist movement though!

Got the call from dr Callahan this morning with an acceptance. Will more than likely be attending here next year!

what time did you get the call?

Got my call from Dr. Callahan today and I could not be more excited. Kind of still in shock. Good luck to everyone. The whole process is so rough.

Accepted!! Interviewed 2/15, got the call at 11:15am here in California!

Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone know if you can send updates?

obviously the automatic reaction. couldn't find anything recent. wouldn't have asked if I didn't do a search first.
It's actually on the top search result under Jefferson's website, "Contact Dr. Callahan".
Anyways, here is the email address [email protected]
:)

decisionpendingdecisionpendingdecisionpending:bang:

Reactions: 5 users
guys definitely send an update/letter of interest to Dean Callahan directly. Sent one last night around 11 pm and she just emailed me with an interview invite.

Reactions: 2 users
guys definitely send an update/letter of interest to Dean Callahan directly. Sent one last night around 11 pm and she just emailed me with an interview invite.

If everyone does that then it won't work any more haha

Reactions: 3 users
Sorry if this has already been asked/answered, but does Jeff have any computer requirements? Or do they have anything included in tuition? I'm looking to replace my old macbook and don't want any compatibility issues.

Sorry if this has already been asked/answered, but does Jeff have any computer requirements? Or do they have anything included in tuition? I'm looking to replace my old macbook and don't want any compatibility issues.

Good question, if you find out can you please let me know?

Has anyone been given financial aid awards yet (either merit or need based?)

Reactions: 1 user