2016-2017 Loyola University Chicago (Stritch) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
What are some of the safe, convenient areas close enough to the campus ?
-Many people live in Forest Park or Oak Park. Madison street in Forest Park has a ton of great restaurants and bars, and is a common hang out spot for M1s, so a lot of people live in the surrounding neighborhood. Forest Park and Oak Park are about 3ish miles away from school or about 10 minutes or so by car. Very safe neighborhoods in my opinion. I've never felt unsafe walking home from nearby restaurants. Of course, as with any place, use good judgement when walking home alone late at night.

How do people find place to live and roommates?
-Facebook is the best way if you're looking for roommates. Admissions will send out a packet of available places during second look weekend. Essentially 4th years that are moving out of their place as they move away for residency (or 2nd/3rd years who are looking to move to the city) help their landlords find new tenants (aka you guys!). So that packet is a great way to start looking for places (or at least general buildings/locations).

Would I need a car if I live close to campus?
-I would say for the most part, yes. Most people do, and the few that don't usually carpool with their roommates. Some people that live downtown also take the train to school, so that's an option too. Some people do live in Maywood, which technically can be walking distance, and I know a classmate that does walk to school. I don't live in that area though, so I don't know exact distances. Maywood is also considered a less safe area, so walking might not be the best idea.

Would it be a bad idea to commute from downtown Chicago during first two years?
-Many people do. All about preference. If you plan on coming to school everyday, the commute might get old especially if you are commuting during rush hour times. However, several people in my class (I can think of maybe 20?) make the commute and don't seem to mind it. It's about a 20 min drive from West Loop to Loyola with no traffic, 40-45 with heavy traffic. To some that's not huge deal, so it depends on you!

Hope that helps!

Thank you so much! It is very helpful.

Members don't see this ad.

Are they done giving out II's here?
Anyone get one lately?

Members don't see this ad :)
Why don't they even send a rejection letter?

I was keeping the Dumb and Dumber going....

But to answer your question - they'll most likely want to formerly end the interview season before sending official rejections.

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone else have trouble submitting their RSVP for second look?

I'm getting stuck on the vegetarian meal count..
YES. I just put one vegetarian meal. I emailed adcom about something else and added that at the bottom though so maybe they'll fix it.

Anyone who recently interview get a portal update?

Just got the call! Accepted! Interviewed 1/17

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
got the good news today! Interviewed 1/26

Reactions: 2 users
Thanks God you're here...

Finally got it...

..........the rejection letter!

Reactions: 1 users
+3 on the rejection. Complete since July.

Still under review. Just let it end Loyola! I know I'll never get that sweet sweet first bite of authentic Chicago style deep dish.

Rejected. Pre-II. OOS. Just happened via email

Oop. Nvm. Rejection in the junk mail.

WHERE IT BELONGS.

Reactions: 14 users
Joining the choo choo train. out!!!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

The purge is real.

Reactions: 1 users
Time of death 1212.

Complete 7/11. I could have had a child during the wait.

Reactions: 15 users
What days does Loyola usually make the acceptance calls?

Rejected, complete late July. Out of state, LM >72
Good luck to anyone still waiting to hear back!

Joining the rejection bandwagon today too! Appreciated the advertisement for their master's program in the rejection email though...:rofl:

Reactions: 6 users
It's over :( joining y'all with that pre-II rejection

I was also included in the mass pre-II rejection

good ol Loyola. sends a rejection and advertises its masters program.
NO THANK YOU!

Reactions: 4 users
Hello friends!

Long time lurker and first time poster. I truly hope this application cycle has been good to all of you! I know the wave of rejections has just begun, but I sincerely hope this application cycle was positive and humbling for all of you!

I am truly an underdog, and was just accepted to Stritch last night! I couldn't have imagined this in my wildest dreams. I just wanted to let you guys know that anything can happen!

Cheers to this admission cycle and to all of you for a successful future!

Reactions: 9 users
good ol Loyola. sends a rejection and advertises its masters program.
NO THANK YOU!

Not just their masters program, they sent me an email with a PDF of flyers for like 5 different programs, each one less relevant than the first.

Reactions: 3 users