2016-2017 Medical College of Georgia Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is there a second look day?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not to my knowledge.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
There was one last year though right? Just reading through last years thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There may have been (I stopped reading last year's thread around the October mark). There very well may be one (the wording of this page from MCG's website makes it certain that there definitely have been in the past), but I just haven't seen anything about one this year. The Admissions office should know if you give them a call.

Reactions: 1 user
There may have been (I stopped reading last year's thread around the October mark). There very well may be one (the wording of this page from MCG's website makes it certain that there definitely have been in the past), but I just haven't seen anything about one this year. The Admissions office should know if you give them a call.

Yeah...but that requires picking up my phone and dialing numbers and stuff...I'll just wait to hear back lol

Just checked. There was one last year on March 25.

Found it!
IMG_0049.jpg

The final interview date of the cycle is fast approaching!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

wait so the final interview date is january 20? so would you say it's probably safe to assume if we haven't heard by now (or i guess by then) we're not going to interview this yr?

wait so the final interview date is january 20? so would you say it's probably safe to assume if we haven't heard by now (or i guess by then) we're not going to interview this yr?

I wouldn't say anything with certainty, but it would seem unlikely at this point. My interview invitation came 20 days before the interview date (8/20 invitation for an 8/23 interview). I assume that that is a pretty standard window.

This is something I previously posted on the thread...

"I have two friends who are in their first year at MCG, and they have BOTH told me on multiple occasions that a lot of their class interviewed at the beginning of the year (aka January, February and March). On top of that, I think MCG is behind this cycle due to their president quitting and having to find a new interim. I would not freak out about II unless you don't hear back by February."

MCG does a lot of interviewing in Jan and Feb. That being said... yes, the window for II is closing and if you don't hear back by early February it is probably safe to assume rejection. It's coming down to the wire but there is still some time left.

I don't think the website picture posted above is an all inclusive list of interview dates. Someone a few pages back interviewed on Jan. 4th which isn't sited on this list.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
When does the admissions committee meet to review interviewed applicants? I just reserved a spot towards the end of January. I'm sure I'll find out on the interview day, but I'm just curious.

When does the admissions committee meet to review interviewed applicants? I just reserved a spot towards the end of January. I'm sure I'll find out on the interview day, but I'm just curious.

My group was not told on our interview day. I don't think it's something that's publicly released, unfortunately.

They told us at my interview day that they meet every Thursday, but they didn't give any sort of timeline to say when they would actually release any decisions. For what it's worth, I interviewed on 11/30 and haven't heard anything yet.

They told us at my interview day that they meet every Thursday, but they didn't give any sort of timeline to say when they would actually release any decisions. For what it's worth, I interviewed on 11/30 and haven't heard anything yet.

I wish they had told us that! Thursday meetings would make sense – my decision email arrived on a Friday.

I wish they had told us that! Thursday meetings would make sense – my decision email arrived on a Friday.

Still no email about making an account with the school...

Hey, so I checked my status and under document status today is the first day I am seeing the "transcript message" saying my transcript needs to be sent in before may and a little message saying it is missing . But I haven't been accepted and when I called admissions they lady was circling the topic. Does anybody else have the same thing?

Reactions: 2 users
Hey, so I checked my status and under document status today is the first day I am seeing the "transcript message" saying my transcript needs to be sent in before may and a little message saying it is missing . But I haven't been accepted and when I called admissions they lady was circling the topic. Does anybody else have the same thing?

I think I have the same thing as you and I haven't been accepted either. Still waiting to hear anything since my interview in November. This is what my document status page shows:

"
References
Transcripts

Matriculation Requirement: MCG office will review and verify transcripts of accepted applicants beginning May. All final transcripts for all college courses taken including those with degree posted should be submitted to the MCG Admissions office within two weeks of completion or graduation. Transcripts submitted to AMCAS are not forwarded to schools, therefore, accepted applicants must have all completed transcripts resent directly to the Medical College of Georgia.

We will accept either hard-copy transcripts or those sent electronically; only directly from the issuing universities.

R - received not yet reviewed or verified by MCG office.

I - incomplete - missing the degree posted or missing courses on transcript

U - unofficial - received unofficial and/or student copy transcript (not sufficient for matriculation)

Y - Received transcript with degree posted (not yet reviewed or verified by MCG office)

F - Received final official transcript with degree and all course work posted and verified by MCG office

• XXXXX University: Missing.

I think I have the same thing as you and I haven't been accepted either. Still waiting to hear anything since my interview in November. This is what my document status page shows:

"
References
Transcripts

Matriculation Requirement: MCG office will review and verify transcripts of accepted applicants beginning May. All final transcripts for all college courses taken including those with degree posted should be submitted to the MCG Admissions office within two weeks of completion or graduation. Transcripts submitted to AMCAS are not forwarded to schools, therefore, accepted applicants must have all completed transcripts resent directly to the Medical College of Georgia.

We will accept either hard-copy transcripts or those sent electronically; only directly from the issuing universities.

U - unofficial - received unofficial and/or student copy transcript (not sufficient for matriculation)

Y - Received transcript with degree posted (not yet reviewed or verified by MCG office)

F - Received final official transcript with degree and all course work posted and verified by MCG office

Yup thats what I have and I too Interviewed in November, November 30th to be exact. Did this message just show up for you too? The admissions said we would be hearing soon...but thats the politically correct answer.

Last edited:
Yup thats what I have and I too Interviewed in November, November 30th to be exact. Did this message just show up for you too? The admissions said we would be hearing soon...but thats the politically correct answer.
I haven't checked my online status in a while, so I'm not sure when it popped up.

I just interviewed a few weeks ago and that tab on my app is blank. Sounds promising!

I interviewed in September and have the same message. Ugh, don't get my hopes up over what probably amounts to nothing lol.

I interviewed in September and have the same message. Ugh, don't get my hopes up over what probably amounts to nothing lol.

honestly same boat...don't want too think to much of it. But it was just added for me not sure how long you have seen it. Admissions just seemed weird, but she also said I could send in last semester grade...which might just mean they haven't made a decision yet. she was all over the place on the phone

honestly same boat...don't want too think to much of it. But it was just added for me not sure how long you have seen it. Admissions just seemed weird, but she also said I could send in last semester grade...which might just mean they haven't made a decision yet. she was all over the place on the phone
I honestly haven't been checking that tab, so I'm not sure if it just popped up. I am wondering if we can expect any news by the end of this week. It's been a while since there have been decisions delivered.

I honestly haven't been checking that tab, so I'm not sure if it just popped up. I am wondering if we can expect any news by the end of this week. It's been a while since there have been decisions delivered.

I interviewed toward the end of November. I'm pretty sure I noticed the missing transcript shortly after my interview, but I didn't think too much of it. AMCAS has my transcripts, and I completed my degrees prior to 2016, so they didn't need to be updated or anything. I figured it was a glitch in the system?

I interviewed toward the end of November. I'm pretty sure I noticed the missing transcript shortly after my interview, but I didn't think too much of it. AMCAS has my transcripts, and I completed my degrees prior to 2016, so they didn't need to be updated or anything. I figured it was a glitch in the system?

I called and she said it wasn't a missing transcript, my file was complete. It was saying for those accepted....sorry MCG is like my love so I'm hoping for the best mentally preparing the worst.

"
References
Transcripts

Yea, I just checked my portal and my Document Status changed too. It is saying that my transcript is missing and has the same message. For those who have already been accepted, is this what your portal says as well?

I was accepted in December. This is what my page looks like. Hope this helps. I hope this means y'all got in, and found out early by accident! I have no idea what it means exactly though. I don't remember seeing this change before I was accepted, but I may have just overlooked it.

References
Transcripts

• XXXXX University: R. (This is my undergraduate degree, I sent in my complete transcript to their office after I was accepted)
  • XXXXX University: Missing (This is my graduate degree, I'm not done with it, and I'll send it in once I graduate)

Question for those that have interviewed/been accepted: is there a separate scholarship application we need to fill out for MCG? I seem to remember them saying on interview day that all admitted applicants are automatically considered for merit scholarships, but I could be wrong.. The website isn't terrifically clear.

I was accepted in December. This is what my page looks like. Hope this helps. I hope this means y'all got in, and found out early by accident! I have no idea what it means exactly though. I don't remember seeing this change before I was accepted, but I may have just overlooked it.

References
Transcripts

• XXXXX University: R. (This is my undergraduate degree, I sent in my complete transcript to their office after I was accepted)
  • XXXXX University: Missing (This is my graduate degree, I'm not done with it, and I'll send it in once I graduate)

So are you definitely going to MCG?

I'm like 85% sure I'll be at MCG. I have one more school I'm waiting to hear from, but even if I got in there I'd still probably prefer MCG for a bunch of reasons. I just don't want to say 100% until I know all my options. How about you? And also Asclepius, I don't think there's another application for scholarships. That's what I remember they said from my interview day. If there is I haven't found it.

Interview Invitation today!!! Complete in July, in state. Scheduled for Feb 6th

Reactions: 6 users
Interview Invitation today!!! Complete in July, in state. Scheduled for Feb 6th

Yay! Congrats! I was worried they weren't giving anymore IIs after someone posted the schedule!

I'm like 85% sure I'll be at MCG. I have one more school I'm waiting to hear from, but even if I got in there I'd still probably prefer MCG for a bunch of reasons. I just don't want to say 100% until I know all my options. How about you? And also Asclepius, I don't think there's another application for scholarships. That's what I remember they said from my interview day. If there is I haven't found it.

Yeah I'm 100 percent going there! It is a good, affordable school. Can't be that tuition.

Yeah I'm 100 percent going there! It is a good, affordable school. Can't be that tuition.

The facilities and faculty are quite impressive, too!

Yay! Congrats! I was worried they weren't giving anymore IIs after someone posted the schedule!

Yes, they've definitely extended things beyond the original plans, evidently!

I interviewed in October and haven't heard anything from MCG since. Should I plan for a gap year? Instate 508, 3.8gpa

MCG doesn't do rejections until pretty late, right? I want to believe the fact that I haven't heard back since my September interview is a good thing because it at least means I didn't blow my interview so badly that they decided they didn't want me on the spot, but it doesn't mean anything if they don't issue rejections at this point.

I interviewed in October and haven't heard anything from MCG since. Should I plan for a gap year? Instate 508, 3.8gpa
I interviewed mid October with roughly the same stats. Higher mcat and lower gpa. Hopefully we will both get in soon

Reactions: 3 users
MCG doesn't do rejections until pretty late, right? I want to believe the fact that I haven't heard back since my September interview is a good thing because it at least means I didn't blow my interview so badly that they decided they didn't want me on the spot, but it doesn't mean anything if they don't issue rejections at this point.

I THINK (not 100% certain) that everyone who interviews automatically goes on the wait list if they don't get an acceptance. If that's true then no one who interviewed will get a rejection before sitting on the waitlist the entire summer.

The facilities and faculty are quite impressive, too!

Yup! Augusta is a nice place to live as well...just gotta start learning how to golf

Yup! Augusta is a nice place to live as well...just gotta start learning how to golf

Haha we will have no time — Step 1 prep begins day one!

The golf isn't too pricey either. You can walk 18-holes at Forest Hills for 15$ with the MCG ID. That seems like a great way to unwind on the Saturday after a block finishes. I just hope they extend the pass/fail system to second year by the time we're M2s. That's definitely the trend nationwide.

http://www.theforesthillsgolfcourse.com/golf-course/rates/