2016-2017 Medical College of Georgia Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
But how you gonna get them back?

Unfortunately, that's the limit of the analogy, because MCG would have to be mine first in order for me to get them back. Sadly that is not the case :(

Reactions: 1 users
For those accepted to MCG, do you know the white coat ceremony date?

Members don't see this ad :)
What date is the white coat ceremony?

For those accepted to MCG, do you know the white coat ceremony date?

I too need to know the white coat ceremony dates for all the schools I have applied to.

This will allow me to look at the weather forecasts and decide which white coat ceremony would make my obligatory "I'm gonna be a doctor!" profile picture look good.

Reactions: 1 user
I too need to know the white coat ceremony dates for all the schools I have applied to.

This will allow me to look at the weather forecasts and decide which white coat ceremony would make my obligatory "I'm gonna be a doctor!" profile picture look good.
Oh come on now. I for one know I'll be inviting my family to fly in for the event, and flights are always cheaper the sooner you book. Maybe he/she is in that situation.

Oh come on now. I for one know I'll be inviting my family to fly in for the event, and flights are always cheaper the sooner you book. Maybe he/she is in that situation.

Booking about two months in advance is cheaper than 8 months in advance tho :(

Not when you have family flying in from overseas buddy
Then book away! But some years the ceremony has been held in October rather than November so keep that in mind.

I was trying to make a joke b/c people who are waiting to get accepted are talking about being miserable and then you posted twice about the white coat ceremony :(

Was not trying to be a dick. I apologize for coming off that way

Reactions: 2 users
Then book away! But some years the ceremony has been held in October rather than November so keep that in mind.

I was trying to make a joke b/c people who are waiting to get accepted are talking about being miserable and then you posted twice about the white coat ceremony :(

Was not trying to be a dick. I apologize for coming off that way
Yeah, @QuentinT88 I think this was not the best place and context to ask about the White coat ceremony. I dont think @Koprulu meant it rudely at all. Just that it seems a bit inconsiderate since this is about the application process and second looks and all that. Not really about the upcoming year. Just be considerate of everyone and the community you are addressing. Congrats on acceptance and your family should be proud and excited for the ceremony!

If your family will be traveling internationally, it would probably be best to call MCG and get a confirmed date so you don't blow your money. It could always be different this year than in previous years.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Haha not trying to be inconsiderate guys. The only reason why I asked twice is bc my family has been nagging me for days about this bc they want to know when to buy tickets to the states.

And if it helps, I haven't even gotten into MCG yet, just another school outside of Georgia. But I'll call the school and ask them. When it's all said and done I might end up not even going to MCG, but we'll see

Members don't see this ad :)
I got an auto insurance scam from an Augusta number last week.
Not nearly as bad as me calling admissions....then looking later and freaking out about an AUGUSTA number i recognized..... only to realize I called..........

Reactions: 5 users
I gotta say, I'm not a big fan of this whole "dead silence for 3 months after my interview" thing...

Reactions: 2 users
I gotta say, I'm not a big fan of this whole "dead silence for 3 months after my interview" thing...
I interviewed at a school (not MCG) in August and just heard back two days ago. Three months is a treat! Lol

Is MCG notorious for sending out a larger amount of acceptances in the end?

Yep, my interview was mid-September. Not looking good for me, I imagine. :/

I want to like this.... But I feel as though liking this would mean I'm agreeing that it's not looking good... So I didn't...

Maybe MCG had an admission mishap and just decided to wait to send out the majority of acceptances?

I suppose the months of psychological torture have warped my mind from being rational to absurdly optimistic.

Reactions: 4 users
I'm guessing there's probably one last wave of acceptances before MCG sends out waitlist emails mid March.

I think either tomorrow or next Friday will be the next wave.
I hope tomorrow and I hope I get accepted because tomorrow is my birthday! :hardy: :hardy:

Reactions: 4 users
Oh geeeeeee now I'm nervous....

Did anyone accepted today interview in Feb?

Did anyone get accepted today and interviewed in Oct/Nov?

Congrats to everyone that got accepted today!!

Patiently waiting for mine! :)

I've been following this thread but this is my first time posting. I interviewed in February and got an acceptance email around 9am today. My first acceptance... I am in shock, it feels unreal. I was literally about to sign up to retake the MCAT and was gearing up to reapply.

Reactions: 9 users
I've been following this thread but this is my first time posting. I interviewed in February and got an acceptance email around 9am today. My first acceptance... I am in shock, it feels unreal. I was literally about to sign up to retake the MCAT and was gearing up to reapply.
Congratulations!!!! That's amazing! Can't even imagine the shock you're feeling!
I've been following following this thread for a while too but just posted for the first time a few minutes ago. Congratulations again and best of luck!

Congratulations!!!! That's amazing! Can't even imagine the shock you're feeling!
I've been following following this thread for a while too but just posted for the first time a few minutes ago. Congratulations again and best of luck!

Thank you so much! I hope you get your acceptance as well. You're all more than deserving of being physicians.