2016-2017 Medical College of Georgia Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Interviewed November 30 mcat 510 GPA 3.9 be patient and keep believing I had lost hope. You never know I promise

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Is there any specific date that we're supposed to hear back by? Getting so nervous, haven't heard anything since my mid-October interview.

Reactions: 1 user
Everyone will know by 3/15 of decision status, but I think the last round of acceptances will be next Friday.

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted this morning as well!!! So relieved that the wait is over.

Reactions: 3 users
Everyone will know by 3/15 of decision status, but I think the last round of acceptances will be next Friday.
You think there will be another wave of acceptances?

In past years, it seems like they had a few acceptances go out along with the waitlist. Either way, fingers crossed for next week.

Yeah I don't know for certain, I'm just worried about it. I interviewed mid-October, so seeing interviews from February getting accepted concerns me.

Reactions: 2 users
Given how few mcg interviews and how large the class is, I feel like there's are a lot of acceptances missing on here, particularly from those with high stats. Anyone else think similarly?

Given how few mcg interviews and how large the class is, I feel like there's are a lot of acceptances missing on here, particularly from those with high stats. Anyone else think similarly?
I am hoping there are spots still available and that's why they haven't sent out waitlist emails yet. But I also know of others who got in and they don't have an SDN account or go on this forum, so I'm not sure how many spots would be open still.

Members don't see this ad :)
September interview 3.8 512 still nothing. Gettin pretty bummed fam.

I feel like my interviews could not have gone any better. Does anyone have the MSAR on #Accepted total? I saw it somewhere and it was something like 500+ for 250 seats.

I feel like my interviews could not have gone any better. Does anyone have the MSAR on #Accepted total? I saw it somewhere and it was something like 500+ for 250 seats.

Same. My two interviewers at MCG were the best I've ever had at any med school. Just gunna sit here and wait...for...ehh...veeerrrr.....

I have the US News and World Report Info of the post-interview acceptance rate info. What I have says for (I think last year) 546 interviews there's 376 accepted and 230 matriculate for a 68.9 post interview acceptance rate. So, there's a good chance even if y'all haven't been accepted yet, especially if you have good stats and felt the interview went well. Also, from what I hear there's a ton of movement on the waitlist. Good luck to everyone!

Last edited:
Accepted yesterday after interviewing way back in the beginning of September. I'm not sure why it took quite so long.

Reactions: 4 users

I think there will definitely be more acceptances still so don't lose hope! As far as "particularly from those with high stats" I don't know what you mean, a lot of the people who have given their stats seem to have high ones. I think that statement is unecessary as I'm sure that everyone who has received an acceptance has worked very hard and deserves their spot.

Hey did anyone else get the second look day email and is thinking of going? Also have they made a Facebook page yet?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Hey did anyone else get the second look day email and is thinking of going? Also have they made a Facebook page yet?

I might go, but I'm curious why MCG's second look is only for minority students.

Did only minority students get that email?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

" In an effort to complete our mission, we are hosting our annual Second Look for accepted underrepresented in medicine students on Friday, March 24th."

So am I wrong in assuming that the waitlisted students will be notified sometime within the next week?

How are you guys filing out your immunization forms?

So am I wrong in assuming that the waitlisted students will be notified sometime within the next week?

I'm not sure. I called not too long ago and was told that the committee is still meeting, and that if you haven't heard back yet, you're still under consideration and should hear back by early April.

" In an effort to complete our mission, we are hosting our annual Second Look for accepted underrepresented in medicine students on Friday, March 24th."

I didn't get that email...

Just withdrew my acceptance. I hope one of you guys gets it!

Hello everyone,

For those who have been accepted, do you know when we receive our campus assignment? Do you know when we receive our financial letter? Thanks.

Hello everyone,

For those who have been accepted, do you know when we receive our campus assignment? Do you know when we receive our financial letter? Thanks.

I received my campus assignment already. Maybe a week or two ago. Idk about the financial letter

I also received my assignment one or two weeks ago, and I also don't know anything about when we hear back about financial aid/scholarships/etc.

Is there a revisit thing tomorrow? I saw someone posted a picture in this thread of a calendar that said that but I havent seen an email nor have I found anything on their website about that.

Is there a revisit thing tomorrow? I saw someone posted a picture in this thread of a calendar that said that but I havent seen an email nor have I found anything on their website about that.

I think that was for MD/PhD

Does anyone know if the next wave will be tomorrow? Also for those accepted, did you receive an email/phone call/both?

Good luck to everyone!

If tomorrow is decision day then good luck to everyone! I'm working overnight tonight so I'll most likely be asleep when/if emails go out.

*Casually refreshes email every two minutes.*

Reactions: 9 users
There's always next week...

Has anyone heard anything? The emails are usually sent in the morning. If no one has heard anything then I guess it will have to be next week..

Has anyone heard anything? The emails are usually sent in the morning. If no one has heard anything then I guess it will have to be next week..
Nothing for me, but didn't MCG say we'd here by the 15th? At least we won't have to wait until next Friday.

I'm a Hispanic immigrant who came here when I was 10.

In-state
I have a 3.9 GPA
510 MCAT
Over 300 hours of volunteers
Research experience

I haven't heard back from them about interview :(

What should I do??