2016-2017 Medical College of Georgia Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Lol, my other waitlist is at Morehouse, so you helped me and you hurt me:):( Congrats on your scholarship!

I noticed you on the Morehouse thread, I have a feeling next week is going to be good for you as I know a bunch of people who gave up their morehouse acceptances for MCG and vice versa. Not even including OOS people giving theirs up, I think there is about to be an avalanche of movement in your favor. I'm rooting for you!

Reactions: 2 users
I noticed you on the Morehouse thread, I have a feeling next week is going to be good for you as I know a bunch of people who gave up their morehouse acceptances for MCG and vice versa. Not even including OOS people giving theirs up, I think there is about to be an avalanche of movement in your favor. I'm rooting for you!

How good was the scholarship? Half tuition? Full?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How good was the scholarship? Half tuition? Full?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Under half, but its a merit based scholarship from the committee so they hadn't seen my FASFA yet. They told me to submit my parents tax income so I can be considered for possible need based ones as well.

Reactions: 1 users
@Dr. Slimthick and @utah34 thanks for your words of encouragement. It means a lot coming from people who are along for the ride with me. I'll keep you posted!

We thinking that all of the first wave happened today?

To avoid myself and several others asking 10 follow up questions to each "Accepted off the waitlist today!" Could you also include if it was a call or email and what time? Thanks!

To avoid myself and several others asking 10 follow up questions to each "Accepted off the waitlist today!" Could you also include if it was a call or email and what time? Thanks!

Here's a bunch of info to hopefully answer any questions you have:

Accepted off the waitlist yesterday. Came by email at 9:13 AM.

Interviewed in November. In-state. I was a reapplicant this year. Didn't even get an interview at MCG last year.

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Here's a bunch of info to hopefully answer any questions you have:

Accepted off the waitlist yesterday. Came by email at 9:13 AM.

Interviewed in November. In-state. I was a reapplicant this year. Didn't even get an interview at MCG last year.

What did you do in the year off? I'm trying to prepare in case I need to reapply next cycle!

Reactions: 1 user
Hey, guys! Do you guys know how we get our Pounce IDs and Outlook accounts for MCG, once accepted? You need it to submit the immunization forms.

Hey, guys! Do you guys know how we get our Pounce IDs and Outlook accounts for MCG, once accepted? You need it to submit the immunization forms.
They email it to you, but it was about a month after acceptance that I got it.

For those of you still on the waitlist, when are you planning on starting the reapplication process?

So only one person posted they got off the waitlist? I was expecting much more??

Reactions: 3 users
For those of you still on the waitlist, when are you planning on starting the reapplication process?
I've already started. I will happily take all this planning I've done and throw it in the trash for an acceptance though!

I am going to start on Monday if tomorrow shows no luck

Fingers crossed that we start to hear some good news this week!

Does anyone know why Traffic Day didn't yield as much movement off the waitlist as we had anticipated?

Does anyone know why Traffic Day didn't yield as much movement off the waitlist as we had anticipated?
In general, I've heard that most traffic happens the 2nd and 4th weeks of May.

It's the same at another school I've been watching not one acceptance post traffic day in that thread

I know one person who was pulled off the list yesterday, so movement is happening.

I don't know why, but I thought there was gonna be a bolus of people getting pulled off all at once. I didn't think it was gonna be a gradual thing...

I don't know why, but I thought there was gonna be a bolus of people getting pulled off all at once. I didn't think it was gonna be a gradual thing...
Maybe their new algorithms can help them accept applicants most likely to attend :nailbiting:

didn't get an email about campus assignment, but there was a new tab on my mcg secondary page called 'campus assignment' which showed it to me. not sure how long that tab has been there. So for those who don't know yet, I would go check!

didn't get an email about campus assignment, but there was a new tab on my mcg secondary page called 'campus assignment' which showed it to me. not sure how long that tab has been there. So for those who don't know yet, I would go check!

Ha got my assignment! I would have never checked if it wasn't for this

Have there been any new acceptances this week? This total silence is making planning for the next 2 months very difficult.

Have there been any new acceptances this week? This total silence is making planning for the next 2 months very difficult.
I'm right there with you. Not sure how many total acceptances from waitlist there has been.

I'm glad you guys said that because I've been low key freaking out!!! Not knowing anything is causing me so much anxiety. LOL.

Got my Athens assignment today.
I am planning on staying on campus. Is there anyone interested in being roommates? Also, does anyone know which is the best building to stay in on campus?
For those interested in being roommates, I am a female who is quiet and likes to keep my home clean, and I am looking for the same in a roommate.

I have to wonder if they are just a little behind this cycle. They were a little later in sending out the waitlist, so maybe they are taking a little more time accepting from the waitlist. Just wishful thinking at least...

I have to wonder if they are just a little behind this cycle. They were a little later in sending out the waitlist, so maybe they are taking a little more time accepting from the waitlist. Just wishful thinking at least...
They interviewed later into Feb than normal too. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Lol every time I see somebody say something in this forum I freak out a bit thinking acceptances went out

I called MCG when I noticed that same tab with my campus assignment ( I didn't receive an email either and I thought that was strange). They said don't think anything of it until I get a campus assignment email :( did anyone else call ?

I called MCG when I noticed that same tab with my campus assignment ( I didn't receive an email either and I thought that was strange). They said don't think anything of it until I get a campus assignment email :( did anyone else call ?
I got the email today! And I think a few other people did too

Maybe this is why the waitlist hasn't seen much movement yet; they're still sorting out campus assignments. That makes sense to me.

Last edited:
Maybe this is why the waitlist hasn't seen much movement yet; they're still sorting out campus assignments. That makes sense to me.
The total number of openings across both schools shouldn't be affected by campus assignments given that waitlisted applicants agree to attend at either campus

The total number of openings across both schools shouldn't be affected by campus assignments given that waitlisted applicants agree to attend at either campus
I'm just trying to make sense out of a process that doesn't make sense, lol.

I'm just trying to make sense out of a process that doesn't make sense, lol.
I am hoping they are behind this year. It really seems like there has been minimal waitlist movement compared to previous years, unless there's a just bunch of people who don't use this forum.

I am hoping they are behind this year. It really seems like there has been minimal waitlist movement compared to previous years, unless there's a just bunch of people who don't use this forum.
Just spent some time stalking last year's thread because I like to make myself more nervous than I already am. It looks like last year there were 3 days in May that saw a lot of movement: May 2, May 13, and May 20. Each time 2-4 people posted in the forums. (I am sure these numbers represent many more people getting accepted those days, considering how large the class size is.) I think it is safe to say that waitlist movement hasn't started much this year, based on past trends.

And if you're really into spending your Saturday nights like me, worrying over online forums from a year ago instead of studying your Biochemistry, you'll want to know that most acceptances last year happened on Monday or Friday, and at either 9am or 4pm.

I'm going to continue pretending to study now, while actually refereshing my email every 2 minutes...:scared::bang:

Reactions: 5 users
ACCEPTED TODAY!!! Interviewed back in September.

Reactions: 6 users