2016-2017 Medical College of Wisconsin Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
EcinreBel_1992 said:
This will probably be the case for most incoming med students then? Other schools send out the amount of loans you need (Stanford and grad plus) then subtract scholarships after it's been awarded.

Correct. They have no problem giving you the money, the financial aid folks just want to sit down with you and make sure everyone's on the same page.

Members don't see this ad.

Follow up question:
If you receive scholarship through the Dean's office, for instance, does the financial aid office award other aid/grant/scholarships?

I'm not 100% sure--I suppose it's possible, depending on where the money is coming from. I would guess that you wouldn't get it from anywhere else, though, because I would imagine that all the funds for institutional aids are in the same place. I'm just speculating here though so if you want a more definitive answer you'd have to ask the financial aid office.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm not 100% sure--I suppose it's possible, depending on where the money is coming from. I would guess that you wouldn't get it from anywhere else, though, because I would imagine that all the funds for institutional aids are in the same place. I'm just speculating here though so if you want a more definitive answer you'd have to ask the financial aid office.

I thought the same thing too. I called and unfortunately she told me I won't know until next week when I receive the fin aid award package. I'm assuming you already got yours?

Members don't see this ad :)
EB34E652-A7EA-4906-8BE8-6E039B0E1D73-22839-000013C6B2B9EBA7.jpeg
Here's to being a doctor.

Reactions: 1 users
I thought the same thing too. I called and unfortunately she told me I won't know until next week when I receive the fin aid award package. I'm assuming you already got yours?

I haven't gotten mine yet, but I'm an M1 already so our timelines may be a little different.

Withdrew my acceptance two days ago from MCW-Mil for my top choice. This school was very very impressive and also had the friendliest environment. Stay positive applicants there is in fact still time! Also, I thought I turned in the MCW FAA form in late last week because it says on their website completed forms should be in within two months after the acceptance; however the Financial aid office said its more of a recommendation than a hard deadline.

Reactions: 2 users
It seems like there has been a lot less waitlist movement so far than in previous years. Maybe they're just behind a little?

Flipping through old threads shows that in previous years at this point several people had already been accepted off the waitlist and everyone knew their quartile ranking.

Members don't see this ad :)
It seems like there has been a lot less waitlist movement so far than in previous years. Maybe they're just behind a little?

Flipping through old threads shows that in previous years at this point several people had already been accepted off the waitlist and everyone knew their quartile ranking.
Maybe the people accepted off the waitlist aren't on SDN

So I have found a place to live near the medical school and am now ready to start medical school.

I will be withdrawing my acceptance here. Do I simply email the school letting them know?

So I have found a place to live near the medical school and am now ready to start medical school.

I'm flying in to apartment hunt in two weeks. Can I crash with you? Will bring beer.

Reactions: 1 users
I'm flying in to apartment hunt in two weeks. Can I crash with you? Will bring beer.
LOL 3 problems with this. #1 I'm not moving in till July. #2 I'm married with kids. And #3 I don't drink beer. Otherwise sure.

Last edited:
LOL 3 problems with this. #1 I'm not moving in till July. #2 I'm married with kids. And #3 I don't drink beer. Otherwise sure.
... can I have the beer then?

Otherwise sure.

Great! Thanks, Quaper! I'll be in touch.

As for the rest of ya, can't wait to put down some brewskis with my future colleagues. Looking forward to August :)

I just got pulled off the waitlist yesterday for Central Wisconsin! I never heard about my position on the waitlist, they just called and offered me an acceptance!

It looks suspiciously similar to D12, as in "these chicks don't even know the name of my band"
This comment assures me I'll have at least one friend in medical school. Heres to learning about blue and yellow purple pills

This comment assures me I'll have at least one friend in medical school. Heres to learning about blue and yellow purple pills
Healer@1994 is going to be everyone's friend.

I just got pulled off the waitlist yesterday for Central Wisconsin! I never heard about my position on the waitlist, they just called and offered me an acceptance!
Congratulations! Hoping I get pulled from Milwaukee's

Any central WI people hear back about the scholarship app? They told us we'd be notified in late April, so starting getting a little disappointed.

Just a heads up for people looking for apartments in the milwaukee campus area... my fiance and I have been looking and a lot of places are getting availability now because of their 60 day move-out notice policies. Not sure how it is closer to school (we're looking about 15 minutes south because Wauwatosa rent is outrageous)... but you may want to apartment hunt sooner rather than later to have the best of options :)

Just a heads up for people looking for apartments in the milwaukee campus area... my fiance and I have been looking and a lot of places are getting availability now because of their 60 day move-out notice policies. Not sure how it is closer to school (we're looking about 15 minutes south because Wauwatosa rent is outrageous)... but you may want to apartment hunt sooner rather than later to have the best of options :)
I'll start looking around May 20

Has anyone who was waitlisted at MCW-Milwaukee campus been accepted yet? Or has anyone who is still currently waitlisted at the Milwaukee campus heard anything about their position on the waitlist?

Has anyone who was waitlisted at MCW-Milwaukee campus been accepted yet? Or has anyone who is still currently waitlisted at the Milwaukee campus heard anything about their position on the waitlist?
I was waitlisted at MCW-Milwaukee and I haven't heard anything yet. Hopefully they will get back to us in the next few days with our quartiles!

I had a dream last night that i was accepted off of the waitlist.. then i woke up salty af

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Is there a Facebook page specifically for the Central Wisconsin campus?