2016-2017 Medical College of Wisconsin Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Extremely happy to call MCW my home for Medical school. Just received the phone call this morning for the Milwaukee waitlist. Good luck everyone!

Extremely happy to call MCW my home for Medical school. Just received the phone call this morning for the Milwaukee waitlist. Good luck everyone!

Congratulations! I'm so excited it's moving, when did you interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
I am wondering if they are sending out acceptance for instate people first...

I don't think that they are accepting in-state people first. Yesterday, I received a call from Alexis Meyer, who pulled me off the waiting list, and I reside in a state that is a neighbor of Wisconsin.

I was accepted off the waitlist Monday also for Milwaukee. I'm from California so I don't think they are doing it by instate status!

Reactions: 1 user
I was accepted off the waitlist Monday also for Milwaukee. I'm from California so I don't think they are doing it by instate status!

I don't think that they are accepting in-state people first. Yesterday, I received a call from Alexis Meyer, who pulled me off the waiting list, and I reside in a state that is a neighbor of Wisconsin.

What were your LizzyM's if you dont mind me asking?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

same here!

I don't mind your asking at all! My LizzyM of 66, using new MCAT score, was not too competitive so I would say that what most helped me with my applications has been acquiring >1 year of research experience since graduation at a top-tier medical school/research institution and being in the process of getting published as second author of a paper. I also sent in two letters of intent and called the office before being accepted off the waitlist, so keeping MCW informed about your interest and/or acitivities is important.

Has anyone that received an MCW email login been able to access their email through an app on the IPhone? For my UG email I was able to link it with the "mail" app and that was extremely useful.

Has anyone that received an MCW email login been able to access their email through an app on the IPhone? For my UG email I was able to link it with the "mail" app and that was extremely useful.

To do this, you have to set up AirWatch on your phone, which makes sure your phone is encrypted and always up to date on MCW's security requirements. There should be instructions somewhere on D2L.

For those who have been accepted just a notice. I just logged into the new school email and found my financial aid award notice there instead of my regular email. You may want to check there if you haven't gotten yours yet

How is the safety in the neighborhoods right next to the school

Financial aid package. Check.

COA= 67, 925 (Should be higher b/c this doesn't include school health insurance cost.)

Undergraduate debt= 13,923 (That's the original amount. Current= 4,126.63)

Estimated MD debt= 249,950 (Small employer scholarship for MS1)

- BH

Do you think I could get away with just studying lecture notes in biochem how important is the textbook

Do any of you have access to your MCW email accounts yet?

Are the kickstart courses listed in D2L mandatory/need to be completed by a certain date?

Officially rejected pre-II an hour ago. I was still holding on but now my hopes have been crushed!!

Hey team,

My job just ended and I am starting to research potential places to live as an MS1. I plan to visit Milwaukee in July to sign a contract for a lease that would start August 1st. These are my housing preferences:

- Cost: $700/person with rent and utilities included
- Distance: 2 to 4 miles from MCW campus
- Location: close to a grocery store (and also gym if possible)

I've listed some gyms I found that were less than 4 miles from MCW. Feel free to add to the list in case I missed out on some locations. I'm not on the Facebook group yet because I don't have Facebook. Feel free to PM me if you're looking for a roommate.

- Wisconsin Athletic Club (0.2 miles from MCW): $30 sign-up costs; $50 monthly if under age 28; $65 monthly otherwise
- Legacy MKE (1.0 mile from MCW): $90/month with 1-year contract; $109/month without contract; too expensive for me
- Anytime Fitness (1.8 miles from MCW): $0 sign-up cost now, but potential $99 sign-up cost when deal expires; $35 monthly
- Badger Crossfit (1.9 miles from MCW): I didn't call for prices. I'm not a crossfit person. :)
- Xperience Fitness of West Allis (3.0 miles from MCW): $44 sign-up (pay first and last month); $22 monthly

- BH

Look into Animal House. It's a great gym and offers MCW student discounts.

What is the dress code for orientation is it casual or business casual