2016-2017 Medical University of South Carolina Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For those who interviewed on Jan 27, are we supposed to hear back today ( Feb 7th) or tomorrow?

Members don't see this ad.

For those who interviewed on Jan 27, are we supposed to hear back today ( Feb 7th) or tomorrow?
I know they're meeting today but he wasn't very clear about what day we would actually hear back. I will for sure be on edge all day though. Waiting for that phone to ring!

Members don't see this ad :)
Without a doubt, but I have to be pragmatic and anticipate doing this Greenville interview next Monday

I'm only speculating, but looking at the trends, if they were accepted, they got the call the day/evening of decisions. The holds come the day after (Wed), most likely. Again, don't hold me to this.

Reactions: 1 user
Charleston bound! Just got the call!

Reactions: 6 users
Will do! If I can get in, anybody can do it! Hoping the best for everybody, and hope to see you on campus!

3.96 and ok MCAT. However, I am an exception, not a rule. I have a very esoteric background to maybe a handful of people throughout any U.S. Medical school. I believe me "bonus points" are what got me over the edge.

Last edited:
applicable to maybe a handful of people*

Members don't see this ad :)
On hold. Man that's the second school in a row.

Perhaps I'm not very good at interviews.

Keep your heads up, I'm sure yall will be hearing good news come March/April!

Last edited:
So I have a question for students who go here or plan on going here and we're also accepted to USC-Greenville. What made you pick MUSC over Greenville and would you make that decision again? What are you favorite and least favorite aspects of MUSC?

Sorry, I'm just really torn and have to start making up my mind.

While Greenville is beautiful and I have friends that loved attending the school there (AND my Mother lives within walking distance from the Greenville school), I would never change my decision to come to MUSC if I had to do it over again.

What I found really special about MUSC is something that you don't find out until you start going to classes. The teachers are the best that could possible exist, and not just in a cliché way. Our Biochem teacher, outside of his normal duties as a professor, holds a weekly review on a Saturdays for no other reason than to help the students succeed. Every one of the pre-clinical professors has a talent for teaching (I cannot speak on the clinical professors yet), and help the first year students make the adjustment into such an intense curriculum. Of course there are also bonuses like such as a great reputation, research opportunities, and of course, being in CHARLESTON!

My least favorite part about MUSC might be the lack of interaction between the 6 colleges on campus. I am glad to say that the school has recognizes this deficit and has a recently founded the Office of Interprofessional Initiatives tasked with building interprofessional relationships and networking between students.

This of course is my very biased opinion, but I hope it helps :D

anyone know if they accept letters of interest/update letters?

While Greenville is beautiful and I have friends that loved attending the school there (AND my Mother lives within walking distance from the Greenville school), I would never change my decision to come to MUSC if I had to do it over again.

What I found really special about MUSC is something that you don't find out until you start going to classes. The teachers are the best that could possible exist, and not just in a cliché way. Our Biochem teacher, outside of his normal duties as a professor, holds a weekly review on a Saturdays for no other reason than to help the students succeed. Every one of the pre-clinical professors has a talent for teaching (I cannot speak on the clinical professors yet), and help the first year students make the adjustment into such an intense curriculum. Of course there are also bonuses like such as a great reputation, research opportunities, and of course, being in CHARLESTON!

My least favorite part about MUSC might be the lack of interaction between the 6 colleges on campus. I am glad to say that the school has recognizes this deficit and has a recently founded the Office of Interprofessional Initiatives tasked with building interprofessional relationships and networking between students.

This of course is my very biased opinion, but I hope it helps :D
Thanks, that was really helpful! I appreciate your input!

Does anyone know when they will give out final decisions/waitlist info?

I got an email today telling me I wouldn't be offered an INTERVIEW for the Fall 2017 class, which is odd since I interviewed way back in November. Anyone else get an email like this in error?

EDIT: got it cleared up with admissions.

Last edited:
I got an email today telling me I wouldn't be offered an INTERVIEW for the Fall 2017 class, which is odd since I interviewed way back in November. Anyone else get an email like this in error?
I got that email but haven't interviewed.. so for me it's a rejection.. or is this an error email?

Has anyone heard anything today? Do you get an email or letter about being waitlisted?

Haven't heard anything either. Maybe they're notifying tomorrow?

Not sure what's up, March 15th is what their website says. Does anyone remember from their interviews if they confirmed that date?

Not sure what's up, March 15th is what their website says. Does anyone remember from their interviews if they confirmed that date?
I received an email from them saying that it would be in mid-March. They didn't provide a specific date, so it could really be at any time.

I got an email stating that the AdCom would meet March 14, but nothing about when they would hand down decisions.

I was in the last group to interview on Feb 17th, we all had until March 13th to get our outside interviews with Alumni. We were told we'd hear back via e-mail on the 14th or 15th.

*heavy breathing*

I was in the last group to interview on Feb 17th, we all had until March 13th to get our outside interviews with Alumni. We were told we'd hear back via e-mail on the 14th or 15th.

*heavy breathing*

Has anyone heard from wait lists?

Just got an email stating that decisions will given out early next week due the committee meeting coinciding with match day. The wait continues....

Just got an email stating that decisions will given out early next week due the committee meeting coinciding with match day. The wait continues....
When did you interview?

Rejection emails went out today. Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear.

Has anyone heard anything this week?

Rejected today, good luck to everyone else, hope to see you folks next year.