2016-2017 Meharry Medical College Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted today, 1/13. Weird feeling, after all the hefty coursework, and MCAT study slavery, the day of my 1st acceptance is here. Anyways, Meharry was great and I absolutely loved the family atmosphere. Making a final choice will be tough after you guys visit on a II. Good Luck!

Reactions: 5 users
Accepted today, 1/13. Weird feeling, after all the hefty coursework, and MCAT study slavery, the day of my 1st acceptance is here. Anyways, Meharry was great and I absolutely loved the family atmosphere. Making a final choice will be tough after you guys visit on a II. Good Luck!

Stats?

Members don't see this ad :)
:soexcited: Congrats !!!!!!!!!

did you call them?

Does anybody know if they take updates or what the update email is? I tried sending something but im not sure if they even look at it

did you call them?

Does anybody know if they take updates or what the update email is? I tried sending something but im not sure if they even look at it
I have an email that says "your app is complete... Etc etc etc and then 'please do not call/email asking about status as this delays the process'" so yeah.

Reactions: 1 user
I called their office. The woman I spoke to stated that the next time they are updated is during your interview. No updates, or status questions...

I called their office. The woman I spoke to stated that the next time they are updated is during your interview. No updates, or status questions...

So they have no clue what is going on....and there is no point in sending updates?!

Members don't see this ad :)
Can someone please post the link or name of the accepted FB Meharry page for this cycle?

I called a while back and they said that I could send an update through email and that they would see it. So I ended up doing that but I never got an email back to confirm so who knows if anyone saw it.

I called a while back and they said that I could send an update through email and that they would see it. So I ended up doing that but I never got an email back to confirm so who knows if anyone saw it.
Where did you send it to?

i spoke to a lady there this week that said updates are fine but only if you've already interviewed and been given a waitlist position

+1. I was told the same thing yesterday

Does anyone know on what basis does Meharry award scholarships? Do students specifically ask for them during their interviews? Also, does anyone know a scholarship website that actually works? I know that Fastwebs is full of scholarships, but it's hard to know the chances of actually being awarded a scholarship, plus many of them are more geared towards undergrad?

II today for February 6 !!

Reactions: 2 users
Oh geez applying to med school is so exhausting...I haven't slept for days worrying about this ****

II this afternoon! Complete 10/7

II yesterday! Complete in October.

Has anyone who interviewed on the 23rd heard anything yet?

Anyone know if the class is already full? Or if not, when does the class usually become full?

First time on this thread, but II yesterday around 6pm. I was complete September. I never checked a portal or anything so I don't know if it said I was under review or anything.

Basically, if you're nervous or feeling discouraged or uneasy stay off here. If I would've lurked on this thread I would've lost my mind. I won't give out all my stats or when my interview is just for privacy but stats are not outstanding by any means. My mcat was a 498 and I'm OOS. Stay positive no news is good news. I REPEAT no news is good news. It is still early so just stay hopeful and optimistic. I hope you all have a blessed and prosperous cycle

Reactions: 18 users
First time on this thread, but II yesterday around 6pm. I was complete September. I never checked a portal or anything so I don't know if it said I was under review or anything.

Basically, if you're nervous or feeling discouraged or uneasy stay off here. If I would've lurked on this thread I would've lost my mind. I won't give out all my stats or when my interview is just for privacy but stats are not outstanding by any means. My mcat was a 498 and I'm OOS. Stay positive no news is good news. I REPEAT no news is good news. It is still early so just stay hopeful and optimistic. I hope you all have a blessed and prosperous cycle

That is awesome, congratulations!

Hey guys I was just wondering if anyone has any idea when the welcome package will be coming in?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Anyone know what date Meharry stops interviewing?

How can I send an updated transcript? Anyone know?

Did anyone receive the background check today?? I haven't had an accepted or waitlisted yet so I am confused.

Accepted! Interviewed on Monday and also got the background check email this morning.

Does anyone know if they have a refundable deposit?

I will probably withdraw my Acceptance... Good luck to whomever it goes to!:highfive:

I am withdrawing my Interview Invite here! I really hope it goes to one of you guys!

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile