2016-2017 Morehouse School of Medicine Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
In state
Complete Sept. 7
II Sept. 9
Interviewed Sept. 23
Waiting for that letter! lol

lol same here! do you know when we might hear?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Last year's first acceptance post on SDN was on Black Friday!! Nervously waiting for the mail to arrive...

Reactions: 2 users
Trying to map out finances for the remainder of this cycle, does MSM have a reservation fee like Meharry (10 days to pay $300)?

Anyone got any tips for the interview? I have mine this Friday!

Sounds cheesy but really be yourself. Smile. Answer honestly. It's not that bad. I was literally shaking in my car before I went in the building(it was my first interview) but talk to some students and the other interviewees. It will calm your nerves. The interviews are 1 on 1 so just be as calm as possible and remember that the person you are talking to is still human. Just talk.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone hear anything yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone hear anything yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We would be the one class that hears back after thanksgiving. I'm guessing nothing on the previous years' threads apply to us because we are a tad bit behind schedule.

Members don't see this ad :)
We would be the one class that hears back after thanksgiving. I'm guessing nothing on the previous years' threads apply to us because we are a tad bit behind schedule.
I checked 2008-2009 cycle and figured out students got their decision on Dec-5,6th. So, new president elected may matter, LOL.

I checked 2008-2009 cycle and figured out students got their decision on Dec-5,6th. So, new president elected may matter, LOL.

Dang.... Ahhh the wait continues. I truly hope we don't have to wait till then. My heart can hardly take much more lol but no news is still good news. We just have to stay positive and pray for the best.

Does anyone know how late they offer interview invites? I checked last year's thread and It looked like they had interviews after January but no interview invites. I was complete October 17th. Has anyone received invites for those who were completed around that time

The wait for this letter is driving me crazy ahhh

Reactions: 1 users
I don't understand why they don't send emails. It's breaking my heart

No mail again today :whistle:

Has anyone checked their mail today? We were definitely supposed to hear by December...which is tomorrow...

Has anyone checked their mail today? We were definitely supposed to hear by December...which is tomorrow...

Haven't checked. Does anyone know when would be a good time to send a letter of intent?

Haven't checked. Does anyone know when would be a good time to send a letter of intent?
The best time would be if you've been wait listed or later in the cycle like January or February, because it looks much more believable and sincere to the Adcom. Usually at that point in the cycle you've interviewed at multiple places and have gotten some acceptances so it really proves to them this is your top choice.

The best time would be if you've been wait listed or later in the cycle like January or February, because it looks much more believable and sincere to the Adcom. Usually at that point in the cycle you've interviewed at multiple places and have gotten some acceptances so it really proves to them this is your top choice.

Thank you!

Someone said previously in this thread that admissions recommended calling if we didn't hear by Dec 1. Should we do that?

Someone said previously in this thread that admissions recommended calling if we didn't hear by Dec 1. Should we do that?
Since no ones been accepted yet maybe we should wait lol till the second week of December or at least until acceptances start rolling out

Since no ones been accepted yet maybe we should wait lol till the second week of December or at least until acceptances start rolling out
That's what I was thinking. Thanks! Fingers staying crossed, I really liked this school!

Oh no!!!!! I'm out of town today, I've got to wait to check the mail!

Hey guys I am OOS applicant and interviewed early November and was wondering if my volunteering at homeless shelter would count as helping the underserved community.

Does anyone else get mail package today?

anyone knows the address to send the 100 acceptance fee?

It's highlighted in blue on like the third page. How are you sending your letter of intent?

letter of intent? i thought all you needed to do was to send in the acceptance fee within 14 days(cashier's check/money order)

letter of intent? i thought all you needed to do was to send in the acceptance fee within 14 days(cashier's check/money order)

Read the first page lol. "An acknowledgement in writing of your intent will be required along with a deposit"

Read the first page lol. "An acknowledgement in writing of your intent will be required along with a deposit"

oh..i dont know what im supposed to include in the letter.."hey, your school's dope, thanks for accepting me" lol. will call admissions to inquire