2016-2017 Morehouse School of Medicine Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
anyone know when they stop sending secondaries? / what is the deadline to submit the secondary? i'm getting super anxious.

Members don't see this ad.

anyone know when they stop sending secondaries? / what is the deadline to submit the secondary? i'm getting super anxious.

I'm not sure if they stopped sending secondaries but they are due on Jan 6 of 2017.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I'm not sure if they stopped sending secondaries but they are due on Jan 6 of 2017.

thats weird. ive heard that date before too. but i just spoke with someone earlier they said that there wasnt a real deadline and that the apps were rolling, and by invitation only (obvi).

Members don't see this ad :)
So like....what's going on with decisions? I called too and I was still under review?? Aren't they going on Christmas break now are we just never gonna find out? Haha

Reactions: 1 user
How long does it usually take to hear back after an interview?
I think pretty much everyone is still waiting. I interviewed August 26 and still haven't heard back.

Happy Holidays!

Well damn Here I was thinking I'd hear something within a couple of weeks
Ok, no mail today. Hope good news will come next year. Keep calm and enjoy the holiday! Merry Christmas everyone!

Reactions: 3 users
Interviewed on 12/9 are there any other users that interviewed with me? :D

the wait for a decision continues..... :(

Reactions: 1 users
Hi! I'm interviewing on 1/6 and was wondering if anyone had any good hotel recommendations that are cheapish and close to the school? Flying in from CA and have never been to Atlanta, so any recommendations would be very much appreciated!

Hi! I'm interviewing on 1/6 and was wondering if anyone had any good hotel recommendations that are cheapish and close to the school? Flying in from CA and have never been to Atlanta, so any recommendations would be very much appreciated!
Interviewing on the same day! are you excited ?

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewing on the same day! are you excited ?
Yes! Never been to Atlanta or the South but definitely excited! Also heard Morehouse is great school too. Just gotta find a place to stay first! Any suggestions?

Yes! Never been to Atlanta or the South but definitely excited! Also heard Morehouse is great school too. Just gotta find a place to stay first! Any suggestions?
I am staying with a family friend. Have you tried Airbnb?

Has anyone been waitlisted post II yet?? I'm thinking for those of us who haven't heard back yet, that's where we're headed...

rejected email pre-II just now.

again, like i said last year, nice of morehouse to at least tell us

Has anyone been waitlisted post II yet?? I'm thinking for those of us who haven't heard back yet, that's where we're headed...

I think pretty much everyone is still waiting. I know it's hard, but just remain positive. No decision is still better than a rejection, and there is nothing you can do to rush your news. Try to be patient and wait for a letter to arrive. Think and meditate positive thoughts. I definitely believe in the law of attraction, so just continue to have positive energy and have faith it will work out.

Reactions: 2 users
I doubt it. Hardly anyone has been accepted yet.

I have the courtyard booked in downtown and taking the MARTA from the airport to the hotel. My hotel was like $100/night and the MARTA is super cheap to get around downtown

Hey guys. I applied late August and haven't received any news. Is this a silent rejection?

Hey guys. I applied late August and haven't received any news. Is this a silent rejection?
Others have reported receiving rejections via email pre II, so I would say no, you're still good!

Withdrew my II, hope it goes to one of you!

Do any of you guys know how often the committee meets?
According to last year thread, the next batch of acceptances was released around Feb 8-12.

Well Damn, I was hoping I'd hear something in the next week or so...
When I called they said that if I don't hear within two more weeks to call back...so I think another batch of decisions should be coming out soon!

When I called they said that if I don't hear within two more weeks to call back...so I think another batch of decisions should be coming out soon!
I was just about to give them a call, Thanks for letting us know!

Thanks for the updates everyone!!

So I have been complete since october, I have not heard back from them, no II email, is there still hope? I feel like January is comming to an end and I have not heard back yet. Anyone else not he same boat? Anyone complete since october and not heard back yet?

So I have been complete since october, I have not heard back from them, no II email, is there still hope? I feel like January is comming to an end and I have not heard back yet. Anyone else not he same boat? Anyone complete since october and not heard back yet?

+1

any chance of full tuition/scholarships from morehouse?

+1

Except I have been complete since August :(

I know Morehouse offers some scholarship but I'm not sure they have any scholarships that cover the cost in full...
Do you know what range of MCAT and GPA they require for their merit based scholarship?

Do you know what range of MCAT and GPA they require for their merit based scholarship?
Not sure but if I had to guess, the requirements would at least be a 500+/ 3.5+ MCAT/GPA combination (i'm only guessing this Cause I got a similar scholarship from another school with a 504 MCAT and 3.9 GPA).

Not sure but if I had to guess, the requirements would at least be a 500+/ 3.5+ MCAT/GPA combination (i'm only guessing this Cause I got a similar scholarship from another school with a 504 MCAT and 3.9 GPA).

Where did you get accepted for medical school? My stats are literally the same as yours lol

Where did you get accepted for medical school? My stats are literally the same as yours lol
So far, I got into Meharry , USC and RowanSOM (top pick for DO school, so I withdrew from the others). I also interviewed at 3 other schools and I have another one coming up, which I may withdraw from depending on whether I get into UNC (2nd fav.) and/or Morehouse (became top pick post-interview over UNC mainly because of the culture and location).

So far, I got into Meharry , USC and RowanSOM (top pick for DO school, so I withdrew from the others). I also interviewed at 3 other schools and I have another one coming up, which I may withdraw from depending on whether I get into UNC (2nd fav.) and/or Morehouse (became top pick post-interview over UNC mainly because of the culture and location).
See, this is the problem with my application. My stats are just a tad higher than yours, and I've only been on one interview! I think my school list was terrible.

I interviewed in December..did anyone hear back with offers from then??