2016-2017 New York Medical College Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II about ten minutes ago! Complete 8/18. Scheduling for either 12/12 or Mondays between Jan 23rd-March 2. Woohoo!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
II! Eager to see the school!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats guys! I'm still sitting at "under review" status. Complete 8/17. Could you guys provide complete dates and LizzyMs please?

Congrats guys! I'm still sitting at "under review" status. Complete 8/17. Could you guys provide complete dates and LizzyMs please?

LM 67-68. ORM. Complete mid August. Never on hold.

Could anyone give me some insight as to what to expect for the MMI interview or suggestions on how to prep?

Could anyone give me some insight as to what to expect for the MMI interview or suggestions on how to prep?

Don't really need to prep, MMI exactly what they say it will be, mix of scenarios and traditional questions. Just be yourself, relaxed, answer honestly!

Reactions: 1 users
I really don't understand the need for an MMI after taking CASPer. They're basically the same thing. If anything there should just be a meet and greet to weed out the crazies

Reactions: 2 users
I really don't understand the need for an MMI after taking CASPer. They're basically the same thing. If anything there should just be a meet and greet to weed out the crazies

I think eventually they will just use one or another - but my guess is that they're testing them against each other to generate data on which might predict better success. Or they just like torturing us.

On a non-statistical/research note - I totally 100% agree it's redundant. But maybe people know how to type better than they can speak or something and you can't type to a patient.....??

Did anyone send in updates after their interview or remember their instructions/preferences for that? I only remember one of the ladies telling us to send updates if you are waitlisted: didn't catch the update preference for after interview, but before decision.

II earlier this morning... OOS applicant 69-70 LizzyM, complete mid-late July. Dates in Jan/Feb, not even breaking into March yet so do NOT lose hope out there!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
So I never took the CASPR. Are they still sending out II without CASPR results?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Taking Casper in a few days long long after my application is complete. Wondering if this matters also. I will call tomorrow afternoon to ask if no one knows though

I think eventually they will just use one or another - but my guess is that they're testing them against each other to generate data on which might predict better success. Or they just like torturing us.

On a non-statistical/research note - I totally 100% agree it's redundant. But maybe people know how to type better than they can speak or something and you can't type to a patient.....??

They want to develop charting machines for the new world of EMR and telemedicine

I got an II in August, interviewed beginning of November, and took CASPer in the end of November. And I've seen other people get IIs as well without having taken it yet, so there is hope!

I got an II in August, interviewed beginning of November, and took CASPer in the end of November. And I've seen other people get IIs as well without having taken it yet, so there is hope!

Are you URM or ORM?

Just checked my portal and have been on-hold since 11/22? I have checked the portal every day and it didn't show up until today.. weird
+1.
I just checked my portal, and it says on hold since 10/6, very strange also. I think this looks like from previous year this is a polite rejection for those with a good CASPER but low stats.:(

+1.
I just checked my portal, and it says on hold since 10/6, very strange also. I think this looks like from previous year this is a polite rejection for those with a good CASPER but low stats.:(
+1 and its date as 8/18/16 but just showed up recently

I can't seem to find this information, but does NYMC allow you to take notes during the MMI? Thanks in advance.

I can't seem to find this information, but does NYMC allow you to take notes during the MMI? Thanks in advance.

No, they do not. And you have to sign a non-disclosure agreement before you can participate.

Did anyone send in updates after their interview or remember their instructions/preferences for that? I only remember one of the ladies telling us to send updates if you are waitlisted: didn't catch the update preference for after interview, but before decision.

Anyone?

Anyone staying over Sunday night before the 12/12 interview date and want to meet up for dinner or something? New to the area. (PM to not derail the thread)

Hello everyone,

Currently an MS3 at NYMC living on campus. Feel free to contact if you have questions. I might not remember everything since it's been a while since I first applied, but I will try my best. I'm also an international student, if there is anyone who has questions about the process for us as well.

Hello everyone,

Currently an MS3 at NYMC living on campus. Feel free to contact if you have questions. I might not remember everything since it's been a while since I first applied, but I will try my best. I'm also an international student, if there is anyone who has questions about the process for us as well.

Hi! I apologize if this question has been asked before, but what are your favorite and least favorite aspects of NYMC? Is there anything about the school that really makes it stand out?

Hey guys.. I'm interviewing 1/5 but I'm coming to westchester around 11 pm- midnight the night before can anyone help me out with how to get to hotels/airbnb/student host. Is there uber and how safe are the taxis in the area?

Hey guys.. I'm interviewing 1/5 but I'm coming to westchester around 11 pm- midnight the night before can anyone help me out with how to get to hotels/airbnb/student host. Is there uber and how safe are the taxis in the area?

There is definitely Uber there! Good luck

I am not sure if Uber is allowed to pick up at Westchester Airport. You may need to use the taxi service provided at the airport. I am pretty sure Uber can drop you off at the airport though... but definitely double check all this!

Received an II, LizzyM ~70, OOS, ORM, complete early September, never put on hold.

Edit: There are still a ton of dates available, all in February and March.

Last edited:
On-hold since October 6th apparently o_O, status was just updated.. Complete 9/14

Received an II, LizzyM ~70, OOS, ORM, complete early September, never put on hold.

Edit: There are still a ton of dates available, all in February and March.

Maybe dumb question but what does ORM/ URM mean?

Thanks!!

The next CASPER test date is Jan 5. Would taking it late affect my chance in any ways?

Secondary submitted: 9/12. Complete date: 11/2 so I guess they would take too long to reach to my app.

Anyone who interviewed remember what their preferences for updates are?

II this morning. There were dates available for the end of February and throughout March. LM~70 and OOS if that matters.

Reactions: 2 users
Answer honestly, please. If I've been under review for almost 4 months, is it safe to say I should be expecting a rejection email?

Answer honestly, please. If I've been under review for almost 4 months, is it safe to say I should be expecting a rejection email?

I just got an interview and was under review for almost 4 months. No way to know until the cycle is over, unfortunately. They interview through April.