2016-2017 New York Medical College Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just got an interview and was under review for almost 4 months. No way to know until the cycle is over, unfortunately. They interview through April.

When was your caper score received by them in relation to the 4 months? I took my casper really late.

Members don't see this ad.

Answer honestly, please. If I've been under review for almost 4 months, is it safe to say I should be expecting a rejection email?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I was under review, no hold, from August to march. Sometimes it just happens.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 1 users
I was under review, no hold, from August to march. Sometimes it just happens.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

This gives me hope, submitted mid-July and haven't heard anything...hoping for an interview!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
When was your casper score received by them in relation to the 4 months? I took my casper really late.
Early on, the day after I was marked complete.

On another note , does anyone know if they are receptive to additional letters of recommendation?

How hard is it to get to campus from Manhattan?

Sorry, I meant to post this on the Cornell thread. I didn't apply to this school! But it takes about 45-1 hr with regular traffic. Rush hour could take 90 min plus.

Turns out Cornell sent out premature acceptances and I just got an email saying disregard the acceptance haha. But hope you get in here!

Sorry, I meant to post this on the Cornell thread. I didn't apply to this school! But it takes about 45-1 hr with regular traffic. Rush hour could take 90 min plus.

Turns out Cornell sent out premature acceptances and I just got an email saying disregard the acceptance haha. But hope you get in here!

Are you serious!? That's terrible!

Reactions: 2 users
Are you serious!? That's terrible!

Lol I don't think many people got these though, since no one else posted on the thread! Literally got the emails within 5 minutes of each other, and I already have an acceptance, so not like they sent out the second email a day later :)

I take it early November interviews probably won't hear back until after the new year?

I take it early November interviews probably won't hear back until after the new year?
During my interview one of the people giving us a tour mentioned we would know by Christmas. Hopefully...

Hi all, I interviewed at NYMC and would like to personally thank my tour guide from the Office of Admissions who answered many of my questions. Would anyone know her name? Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hoping admissions gets to post interview decisions this week!!

Reactions: 3 users
Did anyone send updates after your interview?

On hold since mid August. Notification stating as much appeared a few weeks back. Not looking good I guess

Interviewed Nov 8.. Still haven't heard anything. Anyone in the same boat? Wondering if I should call.....

This may have been answered before but does anyone know NYMC's post II acceptance rate?

just got the hold message. has anyone been taken off hold?

Has anyone from Nov interviews called and asked about when we will be hearing?

Reactions: 1 user
Just dropped my II and really hope it lands here :)!

Reactions: 6 users
Accepted!!:clap: Interviewed 12/05 (was not expecting to hear back so soon... that was a really quick turn around!)

Reactions: 5 users
So if we have not heard back yet post interview it's probably not good news huh?

II!! Complete 9/30 but took the Casper 10/20. LM 71, available dates were one in late Feb and 4 in early March. Also congrats to everyone accepted!

Last edited:
Accepted !!!!!!!!!!!! Interviewed 11/22. This is literally the best day of my life

Reactions: 6 users
Accepted!!!! Interviewed november, words cannot express how I feel right now, legit cried with my parents

Congrats to everyone else!!

Reactions: 7 users
Anybody from Nov 21st hear back? So does this mean I'm waitlisted or rejected? And congrats to those accepted!

Does anyone know the post interview acceptance rate here? Apologies if it's been asked already

Accepted! Interviewed 12/01. Congrats to the rest of the bunch who heard today!