2016-2017 New York Medical College Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
When was the last time someone on here got an II?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewing next week and just found this online , even more excited now! That said, if anyone who has interviewed wouldn't mind PMing me to answer a few general questions I would really appreciate it! Nothing that would violate the NDA obviously, thanks :)

Reactions: 1 users
Interviewed yesterday and loved it! Such a great atmosphere and great program.

When does the deposit need to be submitted by in order to reserve your seat post acceptance?

What are the requirements for sending post-interview updates? Does NYMC accept new LOR though AMCAS?

on hold since 11/07. any advice please?

Check your email incessantly.

Or not.

I've been checking mine for about 5 months now. Even sent an update. I'm not sure that there's much you can do other than send an update tbh.

Check your email incessantly.

Or not.

I've been checking mine for about 5 months now. Even sent an update. I'm not sure that there's much you can do other than send an update tbh.

Did you email the update? To whom?

Members don't see this ad :)
What do you think it means that I still haven't been put on hold, but I haven't gotten an II either. Complete since September. Does it mean I have a decent chance?? Or just that I'm not good enough to be put on hold and to expect an impending rejection. Seriously loooove this school so I'm hoping for the best but preparing for the worst

What do you think it means that I still haven't been put on hold, but I haven't gotten an II either. Complete since September. Does it mean I have a decent chance?? Or just that I'm not good enough to be put on hold and to expect an impending rejection. Seriously loooove this school so I'm hoping for the best but preparing for the worst

I was never on hold and just got an II a couple weeks ago, complete 8/25. From my experience it seems you still have a shot!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 2 users
When they make decisions on who they're accepting, do they make a re-review of the apps holistically and focus on stats/EC's and all that? Or is it that once someone is interviewed the stats/Ec's/PS/Recs are good enough so they mainly factor in MMI performance. If someone has low stats but did very well on the MMI, might they not accept him because his stats are low? (But if that's the case why would they have even bothered sending him/her an II and wasting the time and money when they deny many "more qualified" applicants?)

Does 'On-Hold' mean wait list? Or are they two different things?

Does 'On-Hold' mean wait list? Or are they two different things?
From my experience, and being "on hold" myself here, my "on hold" is pre-II, meaning they reviewed my application but I didn't get a interview straight away, may get one later if the revisit my app and decide they like it second time around. Wait list is once you have interviewed and however the determine who is accepted right away, you didn't make that cut off, but not poorly enough to out right reject you, so they put you on a " wait list" so that if seats open, usually when the holding multiple acceptances deadline passes, they can pull people off the "wait list" to fill the seats people withdraw from in favor of another institution they prefer to attend....

Hope this helps... if not hopefully someone can correct me!

just had my interview here recently and this school is literally the bomb

is there an option to be put on a waitlist for an earlier interview date?

You could try giving a call to the office and asking if any cancellations have come up. Have your calendar ready and ask to take one of them if there are any available. Worked great for me, my work schedule was hectic at that time and they were more than accommodating.

Keep up the positivity guys! Plenty of hope for those on hold or who haven't heard yet, just be patient.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Anyone have the email address to send a thank you letter to?

What makes say that, if I may ask?
I didn't meet one faculty member or student who seemed unhappy to be there. It feels like one big family where everyone wants each other to do well and make a big difference in the world. The students all said they felt well prepared for the Step exams and the school provided them with ample opportunities to really find out what specialty matched their interests. The admissions council was extremely passionate about the school and enthusiastic about training the next leaders in medicine.

Received an II last week for end of Feb! LM 70/68

Rejected pre-II. Never on hold. Good luck to those remaining.

Got an II yesterday! But I declined so good luck to whoever gets the spot!!

Reactions: 9 users
+1. Complete mid-July. I sent in an update a couple weeks ago. Good luck y'all.

How did you send an update letter? Was it to the admissions office email? Also, did you send it in PDF form or in the body of the email? Thanks in advance!

II from here today.... @Pusheen I thought about you today when I received this, I hope the cycle been going well for you. IT took this school ages to realize our existence.

Reactions: 3 users
II from here today.... @Pusheen I thought about you today when I received this, I hope the cycle been going well for you. IT took this school ages to realize our existence.
Nice! Glad there's still a chance here and thanks! :)

Nice! Glad there's still a chance here and thanks! :)
you got Accepted somewhere congrats !, you can pm me or I can just creep until I find out where u got into. Up to you :) :angelic:;)

II today!! I was completely not expecting to hear anything back.

Reactions: 5 users