2016-2017 New York Medical College Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just accepted! Interviewed 12/13! Congrats to all those accepted and good luck to those still waiting to hear back from schools!

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
JUST ACCEPTED I'M CRYING SO HARD OH MY GOD

Interviewed late December!!!!

Reactions: 15 users
Accepted :) interviewed mid December

Reactions: 4 users
JUST ACCEPTED I'M CRYING SO HARD OH MY GOD

Interviewed late December!!!!
CONGRATS!!!!! I've followed your story for so long and you deserve this
Hopefully your luck sticks around for my interview next week

Reactions: 2 users
Woah! Way to go! Were you on hold?

I wasn't put on hold, but I was complete pretty late in the cycle. Does anyone know the risk of a March interview date? I feel as if thats late. There's an option for the 24th but thats less than a week away.

Reactions: 1 user
I wasn't put on hold, but I was complete pretty late in the cycle. Does anyone know the risk of a March interview date? I feel as if thats late. There's an option for the 24th but thats less than a week away.
I would take the one that's coming up soon--but do what you think is best! I just don't think I could wait so long--I'd want to read as much as possible about NYMC and the MMI.

Decided to decline my offer--good luck to all of those still waiting! You've got this!

Reactions: 1 users

I was invited in march to interview here, interviewed in the last week of march, and am currently halfway through first year. I'm not sure the 'risk', but if you do well I'm sure there's a seat for you. Do whatever makes you feel best prepared! Good luck.

Side note: Congratulations to all of those accepted! Anyone with questions about the school feel free to send me a PM, I'll try to be around.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
The cost of attendance for this school is around 80+ thousand. Anyone know how generous they are with scholarships ?

Accepted! Interviewed 12/19, accepted 1/19. Completely unexpected!

If not on hold or received a rejection, can this be interpreted to mean anything from anyone's experience?

If not on hold or received a rejection, can this be interpreted to mean anything from anyone's experience?
Not really, there isn't enough data points from the sample that is SDN. Keep on waiting, that's all we can do at this point.

i've literally had this status since submitting my secondary in august

This section contains updated information about the status of your interview invite. You may be invited for an interview at any time during the interview season which runs from October through April. Interview invites are sent vai email with instructions on how to self-schedule your interview from the date options offered.

Anyone notice the spelling error on the portal? I got the same status since August haha.

Thats so interesting, I interviewed 12/6 and haven't heard anything lol! Anyone else in the same boat?
That's really interesting. I know two people who had interviewed on (I'm pretty sure) 12/6 that have heard back already. Maybe check your portal?

If my trend-reading is correct, acceptance emails for those who interviewed in January (possibly late Dec and early Feb too) should come out on the third Wednesday of February, or February 15th!

Last edited:
Hi friends. Long time lurker here. Just got my II today and I'm very excited! I'd be interested in speaking with any current students if possible. Has anyone tried contacting admissions about talking to current students?

Thanks!

Reactions: 6 users
Hi friends. Long time lurker here. Just got my II today and I'm very excited! I'd be interested in speaking with any current students if possible. Has anyone tried contacting admissions about talking to current students?

Thanks!

congrats, when were you complete?

I was invited in march to interview here, interviewed in the last week of march, and am currently halfway through first year. I'm not sure the 'risk', but if you do well I'm sure there's a seat for you. Do whatever makes you feel best prepared! Good luck.

Side note: Congratulations to all of those accepted! Anyone with questions about the school feel free to send me a PM, I'll try to be around.

do you know how generous this school is with aid?

I was complete first week of December! how about you?

What day was your CASPer received by them? Your post gives me hope!

Edit: nvm, I thought CASPer had a date listed for me I took it 11/20. Completed date semi-early December.

Last edited:
What day was your CASPer received by them? Your post gives me hope!

Edit: nvm, I thought CASPer had a date listed for me I took it 11/20. Completed date semi-early December.

Yes hang in there! I thought I was done with hearing back from schools.

Yeah I assume it was the same day I was complete but I'm not sure. I think i took it the same day as you.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

*sigh* total silence since I was complete in July. No hold status.

@Chelsea FC I don't know much about aid, but it's worth a call to student financial planning if you want to get a good idea. There are need based grants given out once a year, and beyond that I'm not sure.

Anyone else with questions, feel free to send me a PM or ask here! Good luck!

I was put on hold in November, sent an update today with my grades - here's hoping

I was put on hold in November, sent an update today with my grades - here's hoping

Mind if I ask what method you used to update your grades? A different school told me grade updates were fine with unofficial transcripts, wondering if NYMC is the same before bother them.

Mind if I ask what method you used to update your grades? A different school told me grade updates were fine with unofficial transcripts, wondering if NYMC is the same before bother them.

I used an unofficial copy. I think most schools don't have a preference for updates.

Finally rejected today, was complete early July I believe

Still waiting I'm gonna die complete August I wonder if we are still in the running

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 users