2016-2017 New York Medical College Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!

Members don't see this ad.

II just now! Earliest available date wast March 9th but there are plenty of dates afterwards in case anyone is wondering.

Reactions: 2 users
II just now, will be withdrawing. Good luck guys!!

Members don't see this ad :)
ACCEPTED! First one! I cannot believe this, for everyone still waiting - don't give up hope, I believe in you and good things will come your way!!

Edit: interviewed 1/17

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 7 users
Accepted. Literally began crying at work.

interviewed 1/9

Reactions: 13 users
Members don't see this ad :)
ACCEPTED! First one! I cannot believe this, for everyone still waiting - don't give up hope, I believe in you and good things will come your way!!

Edit: interviewed 1/17

WE DID IT

Reactions: 3 users
No email. Did a Skype interview on 1/13. I'm assuming I got rejected haha. Do they send rejection emails?

Last edited:
Accepted! Interviewed 1/30 (or 31) cant remember

Reactions: 3 users
Congrats on the acceptances :clap:.
Job well done.

Reactions: 1 users
waitlisted. Interviewed 1/30. Anyone know what their waitlist odds are?

Reactions: 1 user
waitlisted. Interviewed 1/30. Anyone know what their waitlist odds are?
Pretty good. A lot of people end up getting in off the waitlist. I've heard numbers as high as 75 out of a 200 person class.

Congratulations to those accepted! Anyone with school specific questions feel free to ask here or PM

@RogueBanana congratulations! I remember finding out at work also, it's an incredible feeling. You're right about waitlist movement, and it's unclear whether the 75 number means offers or matriculants, but it's definitely a good list to be on.

To those waitlisted: keep your head up! This list moves a lot, and if you have a brief but meaningful update to send that can't hurt. Movement probably won't start for a bit based on history of past years, but when it rains it pours.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 1 users
Congratulations to those accepted! Anyone with school specific questions feel free to ask here or PM

@RogueBanana congratulations! I remember finding out at work also, it's an incredible feeling. You're right about waitlist movement, and it's unclear whether the 75 number means offers or matriculants, but it's definitely a good list to be on.

To those waitlisted: keep your head up! This list moves a lot, and if you have a brief but meaningful update to send that can't hurt. Movement probably won't start for a bit based on history of past years, but when it rains it pours.

Do they do silent rejections?

I don't believe they do silent rejections, but I can't be sure. I sat complete, no hold, from August to march.

Eyyy!!!!!!! Accepted!!!!!!
Congrats everyone who got accepted!

I finished my secondary on 1/1, and I am an international/OOS student (Canadian), anyone know when I can expect a notification regarding II/regrets?

Rejected! Post interview! Don't worry guys I have a backup! But to clarify I was rejected via email. I'm not surprised- I bombed one of the MMI's pretty badly.

When would one start hearing back if they got on the waitlist? -__-

Anyone have info regarding vaccinations? Didn't get emailed a form or anything, does it come in the mail with the official letter?

Anyone have info regarding vaccinations? Didn't get emailed a form or anything, does it come in the mail with the official letter?

I was accepted a couple months ago and haven't heard anything about vaccines and such yet. I think they'll send that stuff out in March?

I've been on hold since I was complete in August (I think this was the first secondary I submitted). Anyone know the likelihood of getting an II from the hold list (sorry if this has been asked before)? Or is hold = rejection basically?

I've been on hold since I was complete in August (I think this was the first secondary I submitted). Anyone know the likelihood of getting an II from the hold list (sorry if this has been asked before)? Or is hold = rejection basically?

Yea I'm on hold as well. Since August. I'm Canadian, so not sure if that has anything to do with it? Probably not...

I've been on hold since then and have moved on. That said, if offered an interview I would accept it but I do not expect one.

Someone reported getting an interview after being placed on hold on the previous page in this year's thread.

@LaprasGirl I think the large majority of waitlist movement starts on traffic day, which is I think 5/1 this year. Lots of movement though, hope is not lost!

Anyone complete in July still waiting to hear back at all (II, hold, rejection)? And has anyone been rejected here recently?

Anyone know the timeframe to hear back about scholarships? Is it immediately after acceptance?

That 80K COA kinda scares me :laugh:

Just found out I'm on hold. Sent in my secondary on 1/1. Does anyone have any stats/experience about how many people get an II after being on hold??