2016-2017 New York Medical College Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just found out I'm on hold. Sent in my secondary on 1/1. Does anyone have any stats/experience about how many people get an II after being on hold??
You submitted extremely late. I would say the chances for you are slim to none at this school, since there have been people who have been on hold here already for nearly half a year. Especially with a below average GPA of 3.43. You should have just waited until June to apply early for next cycle.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Should the Terms & Conditions for Acceptance form attached to the email be snail mailed to them or does email suffice?

Members don't see this ad :)
You submitted extremely late. I would say the chances for you are slim to none at this school, since there have been people who have been on hold here already for nearly half a year. Especially with a below average GPA of 3.43. You should have just waited until June to apply early for next cycle.

Fair enough, I figured that my chances were much lower anyway because I applied this late. I've seen a few rejections in contrast to a lot of holds on this thread so what you're saying makes sense. Thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
I got a rejection today after radio silence since July

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I sent my AMCAS app on the very first day and got verified but for some reason I sent in the Secondary December 27th and did my Casper January 5th. I'm praying for a miracle.

I sent my AMCAS app on the very first day and got verified but for some reason I sent in the Secondary December 27th and did my Casper January 5th. I'm praying for a miracle.
Why did you wait that long to send your secondary? :oops:

Last year the last interview days were 4/27 and 4/28. Interview invites went out into at least mid march.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 1 users
So this is official :
"You are expected to complete any academic or nonacademic enterprise prior to matriculation by maintaining the same high standards as those upon which we base this acceptance."

Does anyone know how strict this is? As in I have a current activity that is repeated weekly and will never "complete". I could do it forever, so am I expected to continue it until the week before school begins? It's just a 2 hour a week thing.

Members don't see this ad :)
So this is official :
"You are expected to complete any academic or nonacademic enterprise prior to matriculation by maintaining the same high standards as those upon which we base this acceptance."

Does anyone know how strict this is? As in I have a current activity that is repeated weekly and will never "complete". I could do it forever, so am I expected to continue it until the week before school begins? It's just a 2 hour a week thing.

It means if you're in classes, you can't just drop them now that you're accepted.

We all quit our jobs and move and get ready for school. I have no idea how anyone would even know, and I doubt that anyone cares.

You're not getting your acceptance rescinded for quitting a 2 hour a week volunteer gig, that would be ludicrous.

What are the chances of acceptance for March interviewees?

I was on hold and received an interview in January btw.

For the acceptance form, do we sign it and scan it back as an email attachment? Or do we literally have to fax it?

For the acceptance form, do we sign it and scan it back as an email attachment? Or do we literally have to fax it?
The terms and conditions? Sign and snail mail it back. They should have included a pre-marked envelope to send it back in.

The terms and conditions? Sign and snail mail it back. They should have included a pre-marked envelope to send it back in.

I haven't gotten my packet by snail mail just saw it as an email attachment. So should I just wait? Im OOS and don't want it to get beyond 2 weeks since I got the acceptance email.

I haven't gotten my packet by snail mail just saw it as an email attachment. So should I just wait? Im OOS and don't want it to get beyond 2 weeks since I got the acceptance email.
As long as you pay the deposit to reserve your seat for the incoming class within 2 weeks, they aren't going to rescind your acceptance for failing to send back the terms and conditions within 2 weeks, just wait and do it ASAP after you get the packet in the mail.

As long as you pay the deposit to reserve your seat for the incoming class within 2 weeks, they aren't going to rescind your acceptance for failing to send back the terms and conditions within 2 weeks, just wait and do it ASAP after you get the packet in the mail.

Thanks!

Anyone know when are the next batch of decisions/ II/regrets coming out?

Does anyone know if NYMC is receptive to in the area emails?

what are the chances of getting an interview off of the hold status at this point?

Withdrew an II from here yesterday, hope it goes to one of you!!

Reactions: 9 users
It means if you're in classes, you can't just drop them now that you're accepted.

We all quit our jobs and move and get ready for school. I have no idea how anyone would even know, and I doubt that anyone cares.

You're not getting your acceptance rescinded for quitting a 2 hour a week volunteer gig, that would be ludicrous.

The way I interpreted that statement was:

You need to finish/quit everything before you get to NYMC in the fall.

I don't think it prohibits you from quitting your job now that you are accepted...

I agree that classes must be finished appropriately

The way I interpreted that statement was:

You need to finish/quit everything before you get to NYMC in the fall.

I don't think it prohibits you from quitting your job now that you are accepted...

I agree that classes must be finished appropriately

What I think they mean is that if you are doing things like double majoring or other research/academic pursuits, you have to finish them. It seems that they don't WANT you to quit all of the community involvement type things, but again it would be very subjective as we all obviously have to quit the things we do and prepare for school.

What I think they mean is that if you are doing things like double majoring or other research/academic pursuits, you have to finish them. It seems that they don't WANT you to quit all of the community involvement type things, but again it would be very subjective as we all obviously have to quit the things we do and prepare for school.

In my case I am continuing my community involvement, but I do want to eventually leave so I can travel before school starts.

Can any accepted student tell me the start date of the school. I am currently waitlisted. Thanks

Can any accepted student tell me the start date of the school. I am currently waitlisted. Thanks

Pretty sure orientation is August 1 and the classes start the Monday after that

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Anyone know anything about vaccination requirements or submitting records?

My understanding is it's pass/fail with honors

Preclinical grades are Honors/High Pass/Pass/Fail. Honors goes to the top 10-15% (or more depending on numbers). It has no effect on competition or daily life, we are all in it together.

Edit: @BWM95

Has anyone been accepted off of the waitlist yet? Or did they state that movement won't happen till April 30th?

II! Very surprising and delightful news. Wasn't put on hold, fwiw. Application complete 7/27/16

Reactions: 7 users
Questions for those of us on hold. The email said that our apps "may be reviewed" until mid-April. Do we need to get an II before then, or can we still be offered II after April? Will we just be interviewing for a spot off waitlist? I tried emailing the admissions office, but I did not get any response.