2016-2017 New York Medical College Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Rejectemundo - pre interview, on hold Nov

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I called the financial aid office last week and the lady who answered said that they are just stamping fin aid packets as received right now, they won't make any decisions until at least next month and financial aid packages likely won't be ready until June. I was curious about this as I'm deciding between nymc and my state school. It would've been nice to know if I qualified for any institutional aid before traffic day but oh well, I'll likely be attending my state school.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Same situation here. I was considering NYMC/ holding my spot thinking money might help decide for me but I will be going in state as well if this is the case. thanks for calling!

Members don't see this ad :)
My spidey senses were correct last night. Accepted! Thank you, God!

Reactions: 7 users
For those of you already accepted, are they calling or emailing? Thanks!

ACCEPTED to my first MD school!!! interviewed 3/6

Reactions: 16 users
Accepted!! What a feeling. Beyond estatic and grateful. Interviewed 3/7

Reactions: 7 users
Can anyone who has been accepted post the second look email? I haven't gotten mine yet & I want to start planning my trip back up there!

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted! (by email) interviewed 3/6

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
What time of day did people receive emails today? Were they sent all at once already, or can I still expect to hear today?

Waitlisted, interviewed 3/27! Emailed back to confirm my spot on the waitlist. Congrats to those accepted! :)

jumping on the waitlist wagon too...interviewed 3/21. Hoping for the best. congrats to those who were accepted today and good luck to all everyone else who's waiting!

Any way we can receive acceptances off of the waitlist before traffic day? *impatient*

I suppose it's possible although I'm not sure. I'd bet my money on 5/1 but I'm nobody of consequence.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Also, congratulations all accepted! Second look day is 4/20-4/21

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Accepted Today!!!! SO Pumped!! Congrats to everyone else who received good news today!!!

Accepted today!! First MD acceptance, I literally cried when I saw the email! Interviewed 03/20

Reactions: 11 users

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Finally got the axe. Good luck to everyone attending NYMC next year. Can't wait to be your colleague one day.

Reactions: 2 users
Probably withdrawing my acceptance today. +1 spot for the rest.

Can any current students comment on where they live? I was accepted and am aware that most students stay on campus for the first two years, however it just seems so isolated. I was looking at housing around White Plains and I found multiple options for around the same or lower rents as the on-campus options. Are there many students that do this and drive to school every day? Thanks for any/all input!

Reactions: 5 users
Can any current students comment on where they live? I was accepted and am aware that most students stay on campus for the first two years, however it just seems so isolated. I was looking at housing around White Plains and I found multiple options for around the same or lower rents as the on-campus options. Are there many students that do this and drive to school every day? Thanks for any/all input!

+1! I was accepted and I have a kitten. I know pets aren't allowed in the dorms, so I'm kinda bummed. On interview day, it seemed like a huge majority of people live on campus

Reactions: 2 users
+1! I was accepted and I have a kitten. I know pets aren't allowed in the dorms, so I'm kinda bummed. On interview day, it seemed like a huge majority of people live on campus
+1! I also have a kitty, so I will be living off campus. Any suggestions on where would be much appreciated!

Could any current students comment on how generous the financial aid packages are? Especially for need-based grants or scholarships?

Rejected pre II today. On hold in October.

+1! I also have a kitty, so I will be living off campus. Any suggestions on where would be much appreciated!

+1! I have a dog and I was really looking forward to living on campus because it seems like most do...but my pup is coming with me!

Just got an email for 2nd look congratulating me on being accepted "this week"
I've been accepted since February and already registered haha

So I'm kinda confused, do all people placed on hold eventually hear back? Or is there a chance they won't look back at my app again? Cause if April 6th is what people are saying is their last day for interviews, then I feel like I would've gotten some type of notification by now...
So when I interviewed, one of the admissions people told us that April 4th was their last interview day. But idk if this still held true....

I withdrew my acceptance just now - hope it goes to one of you! Best of luck!

Rejected pre-II after placed on hold since 11/3. If this place was just planning on rejecting me, they should have just gotten it over with in Nov instead of giving me false hope for ~4 months.

Rejected pre-II after placed on hold since 11/3. If this place was just planning on rejecting me, they should have just gotten it over with in Nov instead of giving me false hope for ~4 months.
I completely agree. I was in the same situation and just got rejected this morning.

To all others recently accepted, I contacted the admissions office today and they informed me that we can email the terms and condition document back to them after we fill it out. We don't have to wait to fill out their mailed copy and mail it back to them.

It really depends on you. If you're single, i'd highly recommend living on campus for at least MS1 as its fairly difficult to make friends initially if you live off campus (as per my off campus buddies). But if you're married or in a serious relationship it makes sense to live nearby in communities like White Plains. I have a few friends that lived off campus in Manhattan and Queens and they made it work. M1 requires a lot of on campus time but M2 you can easily live in the city as you're only required to be on campus 1-2 days a week.

Just withdrew post acceptance! Hope it helps someone who's waiting!! Best of luck!

To all others recently accepted, I contacted the admissions office today and they informed me that we can email the terms and condition document back to them after we fill it out. We don't have to wait to fill out their mailed copy and mail it back to them.
Do you know if we can print out the one they sent us over email and email it back to them after signing/scanning? Or do we have to sign and scan the one they sent us in the mail? (not sure if there is a difference between the "official" terms and conditions sheet they sent us in the mail vs. the one we got in the acceptance email). Thanks!

Do you know if we can print out the one they sent us over email and email it back to them after signing/scanning? Or do we have to sign and scan the one they sent us in the mail? (not sure if there is a difference between the "official" terms and conditions sheet they sent us in the mail vs. the one we got in the acceptance email). Thanks!
I was told that we could print out the one in the email, fill it out completely, scan and email it back. I hope this helps!

I've been checking this everyday since 04/04 for updates haha... congrats to all of you who have been accepted. Hopefully I will be joining you guys (haven't uncrossed my fingers since the interview date).

I believe they said we would be notified in under 2 weeks... so if not today then by Tuesday of next week!

I've been checking this everyday since 04/04 for updates haha... congrats to all of you who have been accepted. Hopefully I will be joining you guys (haven't uncrossed my fingers since the interview date).

I believe they said we would be notified in under 2 weeks... so if not today then by Tuesday of next week!
I'm definitely rooting for you! That under two weeks timeline is awesome. I wish decisions were always that quick.

I keep feeling like I'm forgetting to do something. Aside from the deposit, terms & agreement paper, & financial aid application... is there anything else that we have to send in?