2016-2017 Oakland University (Beaumont) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Friday 1/20, hopping on a plane tomorrow!

They must've had a cancellation! That date wasn't available for me when I got my II a few weeks ago. Congratulations and good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

When was your completion date?
First week of august

They must've had a cancellation! That date wasn't available for me when I got my II a few weeks ago. Congratulations and good luck!
That's what I figured given the short notice. Best of luck to you as well! I remember back when you were a treecko :D

Does OUWB send out post-interview rejections immediately, or do they wait until the end to do so?
Yes they send some post-interview rejections out. Doesn't necessarily have to be immediately just when they officially decide you aren't a fit.

Members don't see this ad :)
How important is the interview in determining an acceptance vs. a rejection?

First week of august

That's what I figured given the short notice. Best of luck to you as well! I remember back when you were a treecko :D

Hey me too! Maybe we'll be classmates. :)

ack, rejection today! seems like a reaper day for quite a few schools

good luck everyone!

ouwb, come through for your boy with that phone call

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know the date of their last interview?

For those who got the full tuition, has it reflected on your sail account?

Do any of you know if OUWB accepts post-II updates?

On my interview day, someone else asked this question. I think Dr. Grabowski said they do, but only if it's something really important like a new publication or grades. It seemed to me like they weren't very interested in receiving too many post-II updates.

How are the scholarships awarded? Would they still offer them this late in the cycle if they are need based?

Anyone have an idea how friendly this school is towards re-applicants?

How are the scholarships awarded? Would they still offer them this late in the cycle if they are need based?

I called the Financial Aid Office this morning and they told me that Need-Based Aid consideration for students runs until July. They also mentioned that the process moves a little quicker after the April 30 Decision Deadline because as more students decline the acceptance offer, more funds will be available to students who have decided to matriculate at OUWB! Unfortunately, this system isn't the most convenient for students who are using cost to determine where they will matriculate.

Does anybody know if this schools offers an M.D. / M.B.A dual degree? If so, does it take 5 years or 4? Thanks!

Congrats on the quick turnaround! Do you mind sharing your stats? Also IS or OOS?
I'm OOS but I was born in Michigan. I moved away when I was 7.
Lizzy M is ~70 (not that it matters too much; there's definitely more of an emphasis on whether who you are as a person and your experiences align with their mission)

Reactions: 1 user
Apparently the remaining calls will be made tomorrow - The wait is stressful lol

Are any rejections going to be made today from those groups they are calling?

Anyone else waiting on a pre-II decision here? I've been complete since September, and haven't heard back. Everyone I know has already received word back from OUWB except me.

Reactions: 3 users
Does OUWB re-review their waitlist over the course of the cycle or do they start pulling from the waitlist after a certain date?

Anyone else waiting on a pre-II decision here? I've been complete since September, and haven't heard back. Everyone I know has already received word back from OUWB except me.
I think last year interviews were up until March so don't give up hope! :)

Phone call today! Accepted!! Interviewed 1/20

Reactions: 3 users
I think last year interviews were up until March so don't give up hope! :)

Is this up until the beginning of March? Or did interviews actually take place in March?

Is this up until the beginning of March? Or did interviews actually take place in March?

I think that last year interviews were over on March 4.