*****2016-2017 Official IMG General Surgery Interview Invites/Rejections Thread*****

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Rejections today:

Wayne state/Detroit medical Center
University of Minnesota

Members don't see this ad.

To all of my fellow Wayne State-DMC rejects ... Wayne State-Henry Ford has the higher %IMG. If it makes us feel any better.

Reactions: 1 user
@Surgeria: Knowing the right people at right places helps. Attending the conferences not just to present an abstract but to make that abstract count by letting people know how sincere and diligent you are at whatever you do. That's how you make lasting contacts and I followed up with emails and questions and these good people helped me in the time of need. I just have 3 months of externship with limited no of publications but I put every last ounce of energy in getting to know more and more people at programs and staying in touch with them. Hope this was helpful.

Thank you very very much for being honest, this shows and proves that hardworking without strong contacts, and strong contacts without hardworking means nothing, In my understanding matching in us into surgery requires sinergy of both! I am really happy for you, because you proof that this is doable and real, seeing people like you motivates because it shows that most part is up to you, of course you must be a bit lucky at some points. Good luck to all of you!

Members don't see this ad :)
University of Minnesota: 11/15, 11/22, 12/6

Reactions: 3 users
Rejection, University of Maryland

Total rejections 4 out of 70
University of Chicago
University of Maryland
Texas RGV
Brigham

Silence today.
No IV...
No rejection, though BU's PD answered my email telling that their interview slots are filled. I'm getting used to the silent rejections... lol

Rejection from Mass. General for categorical position

rejections update: Providence-Providence Park Hospital

Total Rejections
University of Chicago
University of Maryland
Texas RGV
Brigham
Providence-Providence Park Hospital
Mass. General

Members don't see this ad :)
I talked to my senior who is a pgy2 categorical resident in NYC. By his account, IMGs can keep receiving invites till Dec. I think as AMGs and the 'extraordinary' IMGs start cancelling interviews which are lower down on their list, the vacant slots at smaller programs may be offered to people like us at the bottom of the food chain, hopefully. So, let's hold on .

Reactions: 1 users
rejection charleston West virginia univ, loyola univ, lahey hospital 10/26

Rejection Gundersen Lutheran Medical Foundation program 10/26

NYMC (10/26): Cat: 11/2,9,16, 12/7,14, 21 and 1/4,11
Albert Einstein Philadelphia (10/26), Cat: 11/16. 12/7, 12/16, 1/4.

Rejection: Lahey, Emory, St Luke Roosevelt and Providence Park

rejections keep coming 1st rejection of day medical univ of south carolina 10/27

Awfully quiet today, considering ERAS will be closed for maintenance this weekend

University of Maryland, prelim interview (no dates yet, and it'll be a phone interview)

Prelim phone interview call from U of Maryland. No details provided. They said they'll contact in Dec

Did they call from Maryland or Did they send an email?

IV
Abington Hospital (Prelim). 14 December

Reactions: 2 users
^^ Did you guys apply to these prelim programs in addition to the categorical? Or did they offer a prelim position after denying a categorical spot?

FAU Charles E Schmidt college of Medicine 10/27 (Cat): Every Wednesday except Nov 23 from Nov to January 11.

Rejection: Cooper Rowan and Carle foundation

Carle Foundation: 11/2, 11/9, 11/30, 12/14

I've applied cat+prelim. Providence Park only cat, but they have invited me for a prelim.
Abington cat+prelim
Wayne State cat.

Mayo (Rochester) also sent a prelim invitation to a friend of mine today.

Reactions: 3 users
Brooklyn Hospital (cat): 11/4, 11/11, 11/18, 12/2, 12/9, 12/16, 1/6, 1/20

Reactions: 2 users
Rejection
Oregon Health
I guess this will call the week...

Has anyone heard from Harlem ?
Regarding Henry Ford/Wayne State, I think they will start sending out IVs next week.

Can anyone give me the inside scoop about Utexas at San Antonio? Any help will be highly appreciated

Yeah I have heard of programs making you tie knots while they interview you, some of them even make you suture.

Has anyone experienced Skype interview? I am preparing for Skype interview now. Skype interview takes only 15 minutes, so I don't know they think me as one of the candidates. I thought Skype interview was only for weak candidates not for strong. How do you think?