2016-2017 The Commonwealth Medical College Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Made a spreadsheet with the Cost of Attendance breakdown

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know if we can bring our family (parents/siblings) to the accepted students day? Anyone planning on doing this?
It looks like in previous years spouses/parents/etc. were able to attend...when you RSVP to the evite, you have the option of indicating how many total people will be attending. I'm planning to bring my husband, since we were intending to use that weekend to look at housing and get a better feel for the area.

It looks like in previous years spouses/parents/etc. were able to attend...when you RSVP to the evite, you have the option of indicating how many total people will be attending. I'm planning to bring my husband, since we were intending to use that weekend to look at housing and get a better feel for the area.
Yeah, looks like there is a maximum of 2 people allowed on the evite

Reactions: 1 user
When do financial aid packages come out in terms of grants and scholarship for accepted students ?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I just received an email from financial aid regarding residency status. I'm also wondering when actual packages will come out

Reactions: 1 users
I haven't received an application update (accepted, waitlisted, or rejected), but received an e-mail similar to @once_upon_a_time 's regarding residency status from financial aid. Is this an indication I have been accepted or is it just a verification to show that you basically aren't lying on the application?

I haven't received an application update (accepted, waitlisted, or rejected), but received an e-mail similar to @once_upon_a_time 's regarding residency status from financial aid. Is this an indication I have been accepted or is it just a verification to show that you basically aren't lying on the application?

I'm in a similar boat. I received a deferred decision email in February, but just received this financial aid email today basically saying we look forward to seeing you at Accepted Students day and in August. I am so confused. My heart is about to explode. Tried reaching out but haven't heard anything yet. *Fingers crossed*

I'm in a similar boat. I received a deferred decision email in February, but just received this financial aid email today basically saying we look forward to seeing you at Accepted Students day and in August. I am so confused. My heart is about to explode. Tried reaching out but haven't heard anything yet. *Fingers crossed*
That would be cruel if you aren't accepted and they sent this out to all those deferred... fingers crossed for you that it's a preliminary e-mail to an acceptance!

That would be cruel if you aren't accepted and they sent this out to all those deferred... fingers crossed for you that it's a preliminary e-mail to an acceptance!

Womp deferred in January and no email.

Members don't see this ad :)

Yeah I was deffered in November, and have been waiting for anything up until today so fingers crossed for sure..

Goodluck!

No email on this end and deffered in the fall =( Hoping for some good news in the coming days.

Does anyone know how their actual waitlist will work or if they have one?

Yeah I was deffered in November, and have been waiting for anything up until today so fingers crossed for sure..

Goodluck!

So they got back to me and said everyone else was sent this e-mail. They said the status of my application has not changed, but to feel free to complete the form so they can have it on file in case my status does change. So.....well.....basically more waiting lol

So they got back to me and said everyone else was sent this e-mail. They said the status of my application has not changed, but to feel free to complete the form so they can have it on file in case my status does change. So.....well.....basically more waiting lol
Not true. I was deferred in February but did NOT receive that email from financial aid you guys received. Should I be worried?

Not true. I was deferred in February but did NOT receive that email from financial aid you guys received. Should I be worried?

Are you out-of-state by any chance? The financial aid document was related to confirming in-state residency. Maybe that's why? I completed my FAFSA a while ago -- maybe it's related to that? Such a mystery. Lol. Honestly, hoping for the best for all of us!

Are you out-of-state by any chance? The financial aid document was related to confirming in-state residency. Maybe that's why? I completed my FAFSA a while ago -- maybe it's related to that? Such a mystery. Lol. Honestly, hoping for the best for all of us!

I was deferred in November, did my FAFSA a while ago, and am also IS.. but no financial aid email. Weird

Deferred. I'm taking it as a rejection this late in the game. IS. Lizzy m 69.

Has anyone been accepted off the deferred list yet?

Reactions: 2 users
I was reading last year's thread and they were saying there's basically no movement and my heart broke.

I was. Interviewed in September, Deferred in October and accepted in February
Thank you for giving me a shred of hope. Interviewed November, deferred January. Praying.

Thank you for giving me a shred of hope. Interviewed November, deferred January. Praying.
I stayed with an OOS M1 during my interview who told me she was initially waitlisted. She got in sometime in July, and her advice was to keep them updated throughout the cycle. Either way, good luck!

ACCEPTED THIS MORNING!
Interviewed 1/28, OOS

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
I interviewed that day too ... congratulations! I'm still waiting to hear ...

Just got the email.... deferred to next committee meeting. Good luck to everyone else waiting to hear too! Definitely a test of trusting in the process and patience.

Just got the email.... deferred to next committee meeting. Good luck to everyone else waiting to hear too! Definitely a test of trusting in the process and patience.
Same here. Tough to swallow but staying positive. This school just felt perfect for me during my interview.

Same here. Tough to swallow but staying positive. This school just felt perfect for me during my interview.
I felt that way too! I just have to remind myself how competitive this process is and trust that it will work out... hang in there!

For those who have been accepted, do you guys know how scholarship apps work?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Interviewed 8/5, Accepted 3/2!!!

Reactions: 9 users
Interviewed 12/2. Deferred in February. Accepted 3/2! So thankful and excited!!! :soexcited:

Reactions: 7 users