2016-2017 University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So someone said letters are being sent out today? How long do you think it will take to get to NC?

Members don't see this ad.

I am not sure how true this is, but I heard from somebody who is a post doc at UAMS that they were sending them out on Tuesday. I asked this person how they knew and he/she said, "I have my connections." So... take it or leave it lol. Regardless, I am very nervous right now.

Can someone confirm this? I thought letters were going out this Thursday (2/23?)

Can someone confirm this? I thought letters were going out this Thursday (2/23?)
So the person that I talked to told me that all the decisions are already made. Today they are basically inputting all the names into the letters. If they are able to get them all in by the end of the day, they will send them out today. It is possible that they will not be finished by 23rd. Right now it is just dependent on when they get all the names input into the letters. But we should have them in hand on or before the 24th given that there is no major hold up.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
So the person that I talked to told me that all the decisions are already made. Today they are basically inputting all the names into the letters. If they are able to get them all in by the end of the day, they will send them out today. It is possible that they will not be finished by 23rd. Right now it is just dependent on when they get all the names input into the letters. But we should have them in hand on or before the 24th given that there is no major hold up.

This matches my information as well. Now, if I could just count on the Dallas mailmen to not lose my letter... :confused:

Go do something fun or new y'all! We deserve it.

Reactions: 1 user
Don't get mad at me y'all, but I got another GUS question since technically our fates have been decided. Has anybody noticed anything different on their GUS? We established that we will not have that accept admission thing changed, but do y'all notice any other changes? I know, I'm really stretching here.

Don't get mad at me y'all, but I got another GUS question since technically our fates have been decided. Has anybody noticed anything different on their GUS? We established that we will not have that accept admission thing changed, but do y'all notice any other changes? I know, I'm really stretching here.
I just checked but I don't remember from the first time to know any difference! Ahhhhh!

Reactions: 1 users

Haha! I think we are all at that point of checking each tab on GUS for any sign of decision. I did the same thing, no changes that I can see.

I have a dumb question. Is GUS just the same website where we submitted online supplementals? I have the oaa.uams.edu website and all, but is it something different?

Edit: I'm guessing not because I just tried to use that sign in info and it said it's invalid. I'm mucho confused. :thinking:

Haha! I think we are all at that point of checking each tab on GUS for any sign of decision. I did the same thing, no changes that I can see.
You will not be notified via GUS. Relax. Go play for another day or so.

Reactions: 3 users
I have a dumb question. Is GUS just the same website where we submitted online supplementals? I have the oaa.uams.edu website and all, but is it something different?

Edit: I'm guessing not because I just tried to use that sign in info and it said it's invalid. I'm mucho confused. :thinking:
Yea, GUS is different than the oaa page where we filled out our supplemental. GUS, the Gateway for UAMS Students, kind of reminds of my student homepage for the university that I go to now. I think if we get accepted we will be using that to make payments and select classes and stuff.

Yea, GUS is different than the oaa page where we filled out our supplemental. GUS, the Gateway for UAMS Students, kind of reminds of my student homepage for the university that I go to now. I think if we get accepted we will be using that to make payments and select classes and stuff.

Oh, ok. So should I be able to log in somehow? Or is it just for current students?

Oh, ok. So should I be able to log in somehow? Or is it just for current students?
You should be able to login. Just search UAMS Gus and it should bring it up. It takes the same login as your supplemental did

You should be able to login. Just search UAMS Gus and it should bring it up. It takes the same login as your supplemental did

For some reason it's not letting me log in, but I can still log into the supplemental web page. Oh well, I'm not too worried about it since we won't get decisions on there. Thanks anyway!

Members don't see this ad :)
So IF letters were sent yesterday, LR people should hear today or tomorrow right??

I know it's tough but I still think the best policy is to mentally prepare for getting the letter as late as is reasonably possible (Monday or Tuesday) and then be happy when it comes sooner.

Reactions: 4 users
If decisions were made Friday, I really doubt letters will be sent out that soon, especially since the director of admissions has recently changed. That could delay things if anything. I was told that last year they went out Thursday and people got their letters friday, Saturday and even Monday. I had a little rock friend that didn't get his till Saturday while another little rock person got theirs on a Friday.

If decisions were made Friday, I really doubt letters will be sent out that soon, especially since the director of admissions has recently changed. That could delay things if anything. I was told that last year they went out Thursday and people got their letters friday, Saturday and even Monday. I had a little rock friend that didn't get his till Saturday while another little rock person got theirs on a Friday.

Yeah last year I got mine on Monday. And the wait had only just begun!

Stopped by the COM office just now and letters have not been mailed yet. I was told they would be mailed by tomorrow at the latest!

Reactions: 6 users
Stopped by the COM office just now and letters have not been mailed yet. I was told they would be mailed by tomorrow at the latest!
Thank you for letting us know! So if they end up sending them tomorrow we will not get letters until Monday right?

Thank you for letting us know! So if they end up sending them tomorrow we will not get letters until Monday right?
Most people probably won't get it until Monday or even later. It all depends on how close you live to Little Rock and when they finalize the letters on Friday. If they finish the letters before mail is picked up tomorrow, Little Rock people will probably get theirs on Saturday.

Most people probably won't get it until Monday or even later. It all depends on how close you live to Little Rock and when they finalize the letters on Friday. If they finish the letters before mail is picked up tomorrow, Little Rock people will probably get theirs on Saturday.

Thanks for letting us know! A few more days to just chill out.

Me watching my mailbox
IMG_0028.GIF

Reactions: 2 users
I have a friend who received an acceptance letter today at an address in Little Rock!

Reactions: 3 users
Nothing in my LR mailbox today. I wonder if it's a last name thing. I'm at the end of the alphabet.

Nothing in my LR mailbox today. I wonder if it's a last name thing. I'm at the end of the alphabet.
I think they send them all out in one batch. So if one person gets it in LR then I think pretty much all should unless its an area thing.

I live in LR also and I didn't get anything either, I wouldn't sweat it

I can now CONFIRM that all letters were sent late yesterday using your AMCAS preferred mailing address. Again, the Office of Admissions will not tell you anything about your status in person, on the phone, or by email. It's a shorter waiting game than it has been though. I wish you all the best outcomes!
Linda

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
I can now CONFIRM that all letters were sent late yesterday using your AMCAS preferred mailing address. Again, the Office of Admissions will not tell you anything about your status in person, on the phone, or by email. It's a shorter waiting game that it has been though. I wish you all the best outcomes!
Linda
Thank you so much!

I think they send them all out in one batch. So if one person gets it in LR then I think pretty much all should unless its an area thing.

My mail already came today and I live next to UAMS. Oh well, I've got no choice but to wait till tomorrow!

Just for curiosity, Could you guys who received acceptance share your GPA/sGPA/MCAT

Last edited:
Conway letter received. Rejected. Glad I have other acceptances.