2016-2017 University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Conway letter received. Rejected. Glad I have other acceptances.
Do ya mind me asking what district, how and MCAT Score? Haven't received letter but don't feel confident

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Got my letter today in LR. Alternate list:nailbiting:
I am sorry to ask, but do you mind sharing your stats or your lizzy m? This is for all of us who have not gotten letters and those future applicants in coming years to gauge their chances.

Feeling like I'm in the Harvard application thread... :whoa:

Reactions: 2 users
Feeling like I'm in the Harvard application thread... :whoa:
Haha. Bro this is crazy lol. You got a somebody that scores a 513 that did not make it early and somebody who scores a 508 w/ a solid GPA that does not get in. World does not make sense right now.

Reactions: 1 users
Haha. Bro this is crazy lol. You got a somebody that scores a 513 that did not make it early and somebody who scores a 508 w/ a solid GPA that does not get in. World does not make sense right now.
Podiatry school here I come! Haha

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Conway letter received. Rejected. Glad I have other acceptances.

I'm so sorry to hear this, but I'm glad you have other options! I'm a Texas resident but didn't get any Texas school interviews, only OOS. This whole process is weird, unpredictable and the results don't sum up your potential. Go kick some butt!

Have you heard back ?

No I haven't, I'm in the LR area. Pretty sure I'll get my letter tomorrow.

Truly wish you the best of luck you'll make an excellent physician at any other school.

No I haven't, I'm in the LR area. Pretty sure I'll get my letter tomorrow.

Truly wish you the best of luck you'll make an excellent physician at any other school.
Thanks I appreciate it! Hope you get in if this is your top choice! ;)

Reactions: 1 user
Hm I wonder what they're up to :) congrats on all of the acceptances :)

I got accepted here I honestly wasn't expecting it since they denied be last year and I live in Little Rock which supposed to be a hard district to accepted from but I will most likely not be attending since I'm in graduate school there and I have to finish in order to attend I will talk it over with parents and see what they think. If so hopefully my spot will go to one of you guys

Accepted District 2
3.92/4.0/501

Also had a friend that was rejected with 4.0/4.0/510...

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Congratulation. Wow really!?? Does anybody know why this happens? Is it their interview that is not good? I mean that is obviously very good stats with pretty much no reason to be denied.

I got accepted here I honestly wasn't expecting it since they denied be last year and I live in Little Rock which supposed to be a hard district to accepted from but I will most likely not be attending since I'm in graduate school there and I have to finish in order to attend I will talk it over with parents and see what they think. If so hopefully my spot will go to one of you guys
If you are an Arkansas resident, you can defer your admission up to three times (one year at a time) in order to complete your graduate degree. If you happen to be in the UAMS MPH program, you can join the MD class and complete your MPH courses during the summer and finish up with electives in your senior year that will work for both degrees, thus graduating in 4 years with an MD/MPH. If you have questions, please don't hesitate to contact me at [email protected].

Denied district 1. 507 mcat and a 3.6 GPA plus tons of research and 3 publications and a m.s. Good luck to everyone. And congratulations to those who are accepted!

Denied district 1. 507 mcat and a 3.6 GPA plus tons of research and 3 publications and a m.s. Good luck to everyone. And congratulations to those who are accepted!
:wtf:

Accepted District 2
3.6/504

Accepted! District 4 student athlete- 3.35 and 504. Strong ECs and decent research. So excited to meet everyone!

Reactions: 4 users
Just for curiosity, Could you guys who received acceptance share your GPA/sGPA/MCAT please!??

Accepted!

District 2, wait listed last year, GPA 3.9, MCAT 509

Last edited:
I should clarify some of my earlier posts. I live almost next door to UAMS and yesterday I thought I hadn't gotten a letter from UAMS. Because my girlfriend got the acceptance letter from the mailman and told me nothing had come. So she could surprise me with it after work with champagne and balloons and stuff!

Reactions: 5 users
Rejected. 3.74 and 507.
District 2. Kinda surprised. Maybe the interviewers didn't like me. Best of luck to everyone!

Rejected. 3.74 and 507.
District 2. Kinda surprised. Maybe the interviewers didn't like me. Best of luck to everyone!

But whhyyy? From what little I know about you, ( mostly your stats) you seem like an obvious choice !

District 2, 3.73 GPA, 514 MCAT

Alternate list

Last edited:
I'm from District 4 and still have not received my letter, I'm kinda freaking out haha. Is this usual and maybe I'll get it Monday?

I'm from District 4 and still have not received my letter, I'm kinda freaking out haha. Is this usual and maybe I'll get it Monday?
It's not unusual at all. Unfortunately, I've seen a few take more than a week! Hopefully Monday.

Anyone have any guesses when OOS people will receive their letters? I'm really hoping for today but I just want to have an idea so I'm not super disappointed if it's not here yet. Also, congrats to all those accepted!

Anyone have any guesses when OOS people will receive their letters? I'm really hoping for today but I just want to have an idea so I'm not super disappointed if it's not here yet. Also, congrats to all those accepted!
ALL letters were mailed at the exact same time/day, so it is dependent on the post office!

ALL letters were mailed at the exact same time/day, so it is dependent on the post office!

Yeah I knew they were all mailed at the same time, just thinking if you guys got them on Friday or so in AR, I'm thinking maybe today or tomorrow in NC?

Yeah I knew they were all mailed at the same time, just thinking if you guys got them on Friday or so in AR, I'm thinking maybe today or tomorrow in NC?

I am in Kansas so I'll let you know if I get my letter today or not!

Will let you know if I get my letter today in NC!

I got my letter today in Missouri. I was placed on the alternate list. I wonder how that works for OOS students. Do I wait for OOS students to drop and get their spot. Or am I just on the alternate list like everybody else?

Basically, does being OOS put us on the bottom of the alternate list?

I got my letter on Friday. Alternate Status. District 2, Gpa 3.70, Mcat 504, 200 hours of shadowing, 150 hours of volunteering. Planned on applying for rural practice program regardless of acceptance or alternate status.

Alternate list. District 4 applicant with a 3.96 GPA and 495 MCAT. Over 1,000 hours of research at UAMS and 1,000 hours of volunteer work. Congratulations to all of the acceptances!

Got the letter in Kansas.

Rejected. MCAT 517
GPA 3.8

Good luck to everyone.

Accepted.

Received letter in New York today. Technically OOS, but very strong AR ties and former resident. 517, non trad, 3.956 post bac GPA, strong research.

Got my letter, rejected. 3.85 GPA, cumulative and science, 506 mcat. 5 semesters worth of neuroscience research and over 200 hours of volunteer work in NICU and ER. NC resident but really strong ties to AR, born and raised till I was 15. Oh well, guess I'll do a gap year and see what next cycle has for me. Best of luck to you all.