2016-2017 University of California - Los Angeles (Geffen) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Can someone who sent in a preII update please pm time the email address it was sent to and whether they got confirmation?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Can someone who sent in a preII update please pm time the email address it was sent to and whether they got confirmation?

Thanks.
Do they allow pre interview updates? If it's LOR can't we just add them to our amcas file and they'll automatically be uploaded to the school?

january 15 is a sunday and january 16 is MLK day. we might be in it for the long haul guys :(

january 15 is a sunday and january 16 is MLK day. we might be in it for the long haul guys :(
I knowwww..I'm just assuming the first day is going to be Tuesday 1/17 :dead: if we're lucky...

Reactions: 1 users
when are we hearing back lol
I know! Last year, the decisions did not come out until Feb.
I knowwww..I'm just assuming the first day is going to be Tuesday 1/17 :dead: if we're lucky...

Hang in there! I promise that good news from DGSOM is well worth the wait! We just moved into brand-new-shiny Geffen Hall this week, and your class would be the first to have it for your entire time here, from your White Coat Ceremony to your Hippocratic Oath Ceremony. In the meantime, enjoy your remaining days as a pre-med and what free time that comes with it...because things are about to get a lot busier come summer no matter which school you end up at! :bookworm:

Reactions: 2 users
Just got info from a friend that she got the call today w/Geffen Scholarship. Good luck to all of you!

Members don't see this ad :)
Interesting... I thought it's through mail/email?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Maybe the call was for the scholarship? I have no idea, haven't even gotten an interview myself, just relaying what I was told in the hopes that it'd be helpful haha

Maybe the call was for the scholarship? I have no idea, haven't even gotten an interview myself, just relaying what I was told in the hopes that it'd be helpful haha

Maybe they've changed their ways this year! Thank you so much for this info. It is helpful! Best of luck on this cycle! :)

Just got the call, accepted with Geffen!! I was on my way to an interview but now I'm literally crying on the train!!!! I loved the school when I interviewed, 99% matriculating here.

Edit: Huge thank you to my fellow SDNers, I got so much help from these forums for this cycle. Wouldn't be here without all of your advice/ support!

Reactions: 11 users
Just got the call, accepted with Geffen!! I was on my way to an interview but now I'm literally crying on the train!!!! I loved the school when I interviewed, 99% matriculating here.

Edit: Huge thank you to my fellow SDNers, I got so much help from these forums for this cycle. Wouldn't be here without all of your advice/ support!

Very exciting - congrats! When did you interview?

Silence post-secondary since end of August/Early Sept, anyone else?

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

congrats! ;)

Oh my gosh guys it's starting!

Congratulations! :) when did you interview?

EDIT

Last edited:
Silence post-II since end of August/Early Sept, anyone else?
Post-II or post-secondary? I've been silent post-II from around then too, but I think that's expected?

Also, congratulations to everyone getting calls today! The Geffen has to literally be a dream come true :)

Post-II or post-secondary? I've been silent post-II from around then too, but I think that's expected?

Also, congratulations to everyone getting calls today! The Geffen has to literally be a dream come true :)
Oh, this is why I shouldn't write posts before finishing my coffee. Post-secondary.

Just got the call today!!! Accepted w/ Geffen! I AM IN DISBELIEF STILL!!! 99% chance I'll be matriculating here. THANK YOU SDN FOR ALL YOUR ADVICE!!!!

Reactions: 11 users
congrats everyone! looking forward to good news for all of us!!!

are the calls just for the geffen scholars? and regular acceptance through email/portal update?

Just got the call today!!! Accepted w/ Geffen! I AM IN DISBELIEF STILL!!! 99% chance I'll be matriculating here. THANK YOU SDN FOR ALL YOUR ADVICE!!!!

Congrats!!! Please don't hesitate to PM me if you have any questions about the scholarship, or about DGSOM in general! Perhaps I can help push that 99% to 100%. :) Talking to current students last year and hearing about the school was instrumental in allowing me to weight my choices and guide my decision making, so I'm happy to pay it forward.

Good luck with your decision, and hope to see you at my anatomy tutoring sessions here next year!

Congrats to all the Geffen scholars! Did your portal status change? If so, what does it say?

I wonder if there will be more calls tomorrow? :confused: also anyone from early September hear back?

I wonder if there will be more calls tomorrow? :confused: also anyone from early September hear back?
It's not like I wanted to relax or anything for the next two months

Can anyone comment on the email address they sent a pre-secondary/pre-II update (not a new LOR)? Thank you!

Anyone know if they are still planning to send out secondaries?

Does anyone know if sending in pre-II updates/letters of interest are helpful?