2016-2017 University of North Carolina - Chapel Hill Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats to all you guys who got in... really hoping to join you!

Shot in the dark here but if anyone would be willing to post their adcom/the way they got notified, that would be nice to know!

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats to everyone getting accepted! It sounds like the adcom only met once in January - does anyone think they'll meet again next Monday?

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to everyone getting accepted! It sounds like the adcom only met once in January - does anyone think they'll meet again next Monday?
I sure hope so!

Hi, I am interviewing next Wednesday... does anyone have any suggestions for how to prepare? Any particular questions that they like to ask?

is this an open or closed or semi closed file interview?

Hi, I am interviewing next Wednesday... does anyone have any suggestions for how to prepare? Any particular questions that they like to ask?

They're just trying to get to know you. It's very laid back overall just read over you secondary application and your personal statement/experiences from your primary application and you'll be fine.

Reactions: 1 user
Anybody still waiting on having their interview scheduled?

Anybody still waiting on having their interview scheduled?
The calendar schedule is fully booked until March 1st.. its possible that someone will drop and then they'll contact you to fill in

I'm sad I have to wait a whole other week to hear back. This is the worstttttttt.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
If they have a waitlist, they don't tell you that you're on it. You just either get accepted, or wait till they end of the cycle and get rejected. It seems very rare that anybody gets rejected soon after their interview

I've heard of people who have gotten waitlisted via email near the end of past cycles.

If they have a waitlist, they don't tell you that you're on it. You just either get accepted, or wait till they end of the cycle and get rejected. It seems very rare that anybody gets rejected soon after their interview
They definitely have a waitlist. Several of my friends got taken off the waitlist throughout the summer last year. You don't find out if you are on the waitlist until ~march/april though (I think)!

Does anyone know if they met this week? Usually SDN is good for at least one acceptance haha.

I was thinking the same thing. I have heard nothing. According to their "every two weeks" rule, they were supposed to meet today. Maybe someone could call and ask? lol

Ugh seriously this is torture lol. I thought someone would've gotten a call by now...

Reactions: 1 users
I know...usually one person posts an acceptance. Maybe they didn't meet this week?

Last edited:
Just got a call saying I was accepted!!! Interviewed in late January, LizzyM 72-73. In the call, they said that they met yesterday to make decisions.

How long ago was this call? Like super recent or an hour or two ago?

Edit: Also forgot to congratulate you! That is so awesome
Thank you!!! The call was about an hour ago :)

December. Really disenchanted with this whole process here. I've been waiting two months with no word, only to find out that they have reviewed applicants from two weeks ago. The lack of communication is frustrating.

Also, congrats to you who got accepted! Not mad and certainly happy for you :).

End of November and still no word.... anyone from November 30 hear back?

Mid November and still no word. There are also people from September and October still waiting to hear back.

Your application is going to be reviewed multiple times in most cases. Don't freak out if you interviewed in December and haven't heard. I interviewed mid October and haven't heard anything. Just remember that no news is good news. I know someone last year who interviewed in September and wasn't accepted until March. Just sit back, have a beer, and relax haha

Accepted!!!!!!!! Interviewed first week of December. Got the call ~6:30 :D

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 5 users
Congrats to those of you who were accepted! Was your portal status immediately updated?

Congrats to those of you who were accepted! Was your portal status immediately updated?

When I was accepted, my call came in around 3PM, and my portal was updated around 5PM.

Congrats to everyone who was accepted!

Have any post interview rejections been sent out lately? I interviewed back in October and haven't heard anything; at this point I really just want to know one way or the other :/

Just rejected! Good luck with the rest of the cycle everyone :)

Accepted via email only (no phone call). Interviewed mid October, can't wait to meet you all

Reactions: 8 users
Rejected Pre-II . IS
Saw it coming but had originally thought that I would get an interview here atleast . Oh well

Think it's every other week (mainly Monday and Tuesday), meaning next week would be the one. Regardless, I hope I'm pleasantly surprised too!
you're gonna have to change that username if you get in here

Reactions: 5 users